WK9 - 1 strike (Portugal)
WK10 - 2 strikes (Grenada & Australia)
WK11 - no strikes issued
WK12 - no strikes issued
WK13 - no strikes issued
WK14 - 2 strikes (Wales x2)
WK15 - no strikes issued
WK16 - 1 strike (Wales)
WK17 - 4 strikes (Wales, Peru, Portugal & New Zealand)
WK18 - 1 strike (New Zealand)

Link to previous years table: IL 2020 Strikes

Additional Strikes (for not voting in polls):

23/8/21 Standings Tiebreaker Poll = 1 strike (AUSTRALIA / Arv Gee) issued 26/9/21

HOUSE KEEPING - 2021 Poll Results

Polls Run in 2021 that will apply going forwards (either immediatly or from the 2022 season onwards).

So the IL Standings Tie Breaker will remain as Head to Head Record.

So as the majority want a penultimate regular season Chamionship (Super Bowl) Gameweek finish from next season (2022) this will be applied and the play-offs will be over weeks 15-17 (8 teams in the Championship Post Season). However the Toilet Bowl will be over the same weeks for #1 draft pick amongst the other teams.

Doodle Draft Date & Time Poll Vote Result:

As you can see two options tied for most (7) votes so it went to a 24hr League Run Off Poll which after 24 hours only 9 people had bothered to vote in, but a narrow winner emerged:

So the International League’s draft date and time for 2021 will be Sunday, September 5th at 3pm US ET / 8pm UK time.

First Mandatory Poll in the IL for 2021 after 28 days was missing 1 voter:

So AUSTRALIA - Arv Gee - picks up a strike for not bothering to vote.

Week 9 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 9:

Miguel - PORTUGAL x1

x1 Started DEF - Seahawks - (SEA) - on a BYE

Week 10 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 10:

Marlon - GRENADA x1

x1 Started DEF - Texans - (HOU) - on a BYE

Arv - AUSTRALIA x1

x1 DEF - --empty– - did not start one.

Second Mandatory Poll in the IL for 2021 all 20 teams voted (so I do not need to identify the 3 team GM’s who did not post voted in the correct place - on the message board located directly under the poll - so thanks to having a full compliment of league voters those GM’s avoid picking up a strike). However it’s important those that did not post voted in the correct place understand that ultimately over time it could cost you strikes not getting this right and ultimately lose you your place in this league.

(So that you can check if your one of the teams that did not vote I am posting the message board below, so if your not showing a ‘Voted’ post then you did not comply and would have picked up a strike had we had less than the full compliment of 20 votes).

Now due to my tardiness and forgetting to post the results of this poll back in October (as I was waiting for the last voters to do so beyond the deadline so I did not have to dish out strikes to anyone), I now think it’s to late into this season to go adjusting league settings that could adversly affect some players who may have made trades just before the trade deadline based on where they are and if they could still make a push for the Championship playoffs. So this settings change (for a week 17 finish) will apply from the 2022 season onwards.

Week 14 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 14:

Iain - WALES x2

x1 Started RB - Darrell Henderson - (LAR) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Sat, Dec 11 at 3:58pm by Rotowire.com

On COVID-19 list, out Monday

Henderson (thigh) was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday and will not play in Monday’s prime-time divisional matchup against the Cardinals.

Analysis: Henderson had been a limited participant in practice prior to Saturday as he was recovering from a hamstring injury that kept him out of Week 13’s win over Jacksonville, but Saturday’s designation will mean the star running back will not be eligible to play Monday against the Cardinals. Provided no other player is deemed a close contact, expect the Rams to once again rely heavily on Sony Michel out of the backfield. In last week’s aforementioned win, the 26-year-old Michel played 97 percent of the offensive snaps, registering 27 touches for a combined 129 yards and a touchdown.

x1 Started WR - Keenan Allen - (LAC) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Fri, Dec 10 at 4:23pm by Rotowire.com

Won’t play Sunday

Chargers head coach Brandon Staley said Allen (illness) won’t be activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list ahead of Sunday’s game against the Giants, Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Analysis: While Allen didn’t make enough progress in his recovery from COVID-19 to suit up this weekend, the Chargers anticipate fellow wideout Mike Williams coming off the list Saturday, after he was deemed a close contact of Allen. Without Allen, the Chargers will likely rely more on Jalen Guyton and Josh Palmer to pick up snaps at receiver alongside Williams.

Week 16 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 16:

Iain - WALES x1

x1 Started WR - Cole Beasley - (BUF) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Tue, Dec 21 at 8:06pm by Rotowire.com

Ineligible for Week 16

Beasley won’t be available for Sunday’s game against the Patriots after he was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday due to testing positive for the virus, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Because Beasley is abiding to the NFL protocols for unvaccinated players, he’ll have to complete a 10-day quarantine following his positive test, regardless if he’s asymptomatic or not. Since Beasley won’t be eligible to rejoin the Bills until the middle of next week at the earliest, he’ll miss out on a pivotal matchup with New England that could end up deciding the AFC East champion. With fellow wideout Emmanuel Sanders (knee) far from a safe bet to be available Sunday, the Bills could have to rely heavily on Gabriel Davis, Isaiah McKenzie and Jake Kumerow to pick up more reps alongside No. 1 receiver Stefon Diggs.

(LC) Rather sad but this is Wales’ (Iain Morris’s) 4th Strike. He will be replaced in the off season but as long as he does not pick up 6 (so 2 more before end of season) he is welcome to ask to go back on the waiting list to get back in when a space arises or someone else gets struck out.

Week 17 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 17:

Iain - WALES x1

x1 Started RB - Darrell Henderson - (LAR) - on IR

Published: Tue, Dec 28 at 1:27pm by Rotowire.com

Settles on injured reserve

Henderson (knee) was placed on injured reserve Tuesday.

Analysis: Henderson sustained an MCL sprain in his right knee this past Sunday in Minnesota that will now require him to sit out three games before he can return to the active roster. His next potential appearances depends on the Rams’ eventual seed, but in the meantime Sony Michel is expected to be the team’s lead running back. Michel may welcome back Cam Akers to the lineup as soon as Sunday in Baltimore, as the latter is completing a much quicker than anticipated recovery from a torn Achilles suffered in July. Aside from Michel and Akers, Jake Funk and Buddy Howell are the other healthy running backs on L.A.'s active roster.

Felipe - PERU x1

x1 Started RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - (KC) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Sat, Jan 1 at 1:27pm by Rotowire.com

Ruled out for Week 17

Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.

Analysis: With Edwards-Helaire not in line to travel with the team, look for Darrel Williams and Derrick Gore to head Kansas City’s Week 17 backfield, with Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) a candidate to mix in as well after having been activated from IR in advance of Sunday’s contest.

Miguel - PORTUGAL x1

x1 Started WR - Kadarius Toney - (NYG) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Fri, Dec 31 at 2:31pm by Rotowire.com

Out this week

Toney (shoulder) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game in Chicago, Dan Salomone of the Giants’ official site reports.

Analysis: Toney was held out of practice all week, though he managed to work out on the side with the training staff Friday, per Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News. The Giants are thinner than ever at wide receiver, with John Ross (knee) and Collin Johnson (hamstring) also ruled out and Darius Slayton (illness) on the reserve/COVID-19 list. They appear to be down to Kenny Golladay and players from the practice squad, with Pharoh Cooper being the safest bet to have a role out of the probable call-ups. Toney’s final chance to play this season will come in a Week 18 home game against Washington.

Shawn - NEW ZEALAND x1

x1 Started WR - Jamal Agnew - (JAX) - on IR

Published: Mon, Nov 22 at 1:32pm by Rotowire.com

Slated to miss remainder of season

Agnew (hip) is expected to miss the remainder of the season after he was placed on injured reserve Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Agnew showed promise during his first season with the Jaguars, particularly after DJ Chark (ankle) went down. Across 10 games, the 2017 fifth-rounder hauled in 24 of 39 targets for 229 yards and a touchdown while rushing seven times for 111 yards and a touchdown. Agnew will now shift his focus toward preparing for 2022, but he could see less work if Chark is back to full health in time for the start of the season.

(LC) I’m speechless - this was the worst week this season for strikes issued in the IL. There were plenty of other inactives and players that could be forseen as not going to play in Week 17 but the only reason I was able to avoid issuing strikes to the respective teams who started those players was because they were not officaly ruled out until their teams actual gameday - but even then there was hours and hours to swap them out before said players actual games started. Contray to what some must think I hate dolling out strikes and it takes a hell of a lot of my time posting these infractions here. So it’s no fun for me - but on the flip side it insures we have a competitive free league and is the only realistic chance new people have to get into the IL - by an incumbent being struck out.

Week 18 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 18:

Shawn - NEW ZEALAND x1

x1 Started WR - Michael Gallup - (DAL) - on IR

Published: Tue, Jan 4 at 2:00pm by Rotowire.com

Officially hits injured reserve

Dallas placed Gallup (knee) on injured reserve Tuesday, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: Gallup’s move to IR was fully expected after the Cowboys confirmed the receiver suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals. The injury will sideline Gallup through the entirety of Dallas’ run through the postseason and leaves his availability for training camp and the start of the 2022 season up in the air. CeeDee Lamb and Amari Cooper sit as the clear top two wideouts with Gallup sidelined, while Cedrick Wilson is expected to step into a larger role moving forward as the No. 3 receiver.

(LC) This is New Zealands’ (Shawns’) second strike in as many weeks. For someone who has been very vocal in wanting me to change many settings in this league it kind of grates he doesnt’t pay as much attention to starting vlaid line-ups of late. It’s so lucky this was the last week of the season so he can’t pick up a third strike and lose his spot for next season.

Finally found out everybodys favourite team:

IL Regular Season Standings 2021

IL Play Off Tree 2021

IL Super Bowl XII Recap - 2021

As often happens the recap never generated in this league - same as the last 4 seasons - NFL.com fantasy people don’t care despite me reporting this annually to them. Last time this league had a recap generate for the Championship Game (Super Bowl) was at the end of the 2016 season.

Other feedback they have ignored over the years is the PlayOff Tree (see previous post above this one) years ago it used to display each teams logo and team name rather than just the boring writing (team name) as it is now but they didn’t seem to care the aspethics are less pleasing now. Anything seems to much trouble for them to fix or listen to feedback on - often the generic replies you get back don’t apply in the slightest to what you submited, it got so bad over many years with their Auction Draft draft room I have migrated to Sleeper for all my Auction draft leagues as NFL.com are just to big to care.

IL Super Bowl XII - 2021

IL Final Standings 2021 (Year 12)

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE - Records & Super Bowl Results

Yes I have had my say on many settings that I think would add value to the league. Whether or not they have just fallen on deaf ears is yet to be seen. Also as 1 key important change that was supposed to happen as a result of league vote, and didn’t happen, had a huge impact to the end of my season and playoff opportunity, I then decided to “play” by the rules and put myself in the best position going forward. IF that meant incurring some strikes… so be it. A lot of managers here flirt with the rules as they are set, some of it makes for a skewed experience.
Overall is a good league, improvements can be made, but that’s the same with all leagues. Looking forward to the upcoming seasons. And thank you for your hard work Noel.
(P.S. I believe moving all Leagues to Sleeper is a must)

1 Like

Your input is valid - I’m not so sure on moving to sleeper - I have moved across in 2 leagues of mine and yes the live draft works better but many of the settings and lay out and options I can’t find on Sleeper like I can on NFL.com. I also have history built up on NFL.com.

I wish NFL.com would get their draft client to not be so glitchy especially in auction drafts but other than that I have to say I still like NFL.com better than sleeper.

As for your suggestions falling on deaf ears - well maybe, my leagues are like my babies and being in several I like each one to offer very different things so just maybe something you suggest or don’t like is deliberate so’s I get to play in all types of leagues. Each one I wanted to have very different rule sets and number of teams involved etc., to offer me very different challeges and experinces.

I am in 6 draft style NFL leagues per season - all 6 were mine origionally but 1 I relinquished being commissioner of some years ago and the new commi’ moved it after a year to sleeper. I still play in it and it’s a standard (non PPR) 16 team £125 live face to face offline drafting money league with WAB used for Waivers:

TFP Originals 2022 - on Sleeper

My others (which I am still commissioner of) are:

a 12 team standard, non PPR, non fractional scoring, resets to Inverse Standings Order for waiviers £20 money league:

Show Me The Money - on NFL(.com)

a 16 team (USA v UK) league with 8 players from each nation. This is an IDP, 2 x keepers, non PPR, Draft Pick Trading, non fractional scoring and Move to Last after Claim, Never Reset for waiviers free but serious league:

THE No Bollox League - on NFL(.com)

Then there’s this league which is 20 teams, standard, 1 x Keeper, non PPR, Draft Pick Trading, non fractional scoring and Move to Last after Claim, Never Reset for waiviers fun but serious league:

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE - on NFL(.com)

a 12 team (AFC v NFC) league with 8 teams from each conference. This is an Auction Draft, IDP, Dynasty (22 x keepers), half PPR, player poaching, fractional scoring and WAB used for Waivers fun but crazy league:

REAL TEAM ALLEGIANCE - on NFL(.com)

a 14 team Auction Draft £50 money league. This is a PPR, fractional scoring and FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) for Waivers league:

TFP AUCTION DRAFT - on Sleeper

Now in this period is where I can run polls for changes but for the most part am quite happy with the variance I have. I think I would be happy to switch one of my free leagues to full PPR if the majority want that, as it has become the standard. So please feel free to repeat all your sugestions below (in a post) or on the IL channel over at sleeper: IL channel BLM Fanatsy Games Discord Server

• refresh my memory and encourage debate among existing IL players.