Originals League 2022

[1]

To any of our returning players from last year - welcome back! To any new players - welcome!

This is now the main league thread for the 2022 version of the Originals League - the ninth year of TFP’s original fantasy league with its live in-person draft day.

The roll of honour so far is:

2014 – Chris Parkes
2015 – Dean Poole
2016 – Robert McGregor
2017 – Chris Jennings
2018 – Jon Cartwright
2019 – Javier Aparicio
2020 – Sean Connors
2021 – Shani Senaratne

Are we going to crown a ninth different winner in 2022 or will somebody finally be able to repeat…?

The draft will take place on Saturday September 3rd . The draft will be in Southampton – however the IBIS hotel function room we have used in recent years is not available – so I will update this post as soon as I have found an alternative!

[2]

From the date of this post until the end of April, the league is open only to returning managers from the 2021 season.

If you weren’t in the league in 2021 but are keen to play, drop me a line and I will add you to the waiting list below – once we hit the end of April I will offer any free spaces to those on the waiting list, before opening entries up to all-comers!

The cost of league entry will remain at £125, the same as the last few years. You are signed into the league only when you have paid!

[3]

Here is the list of managers who are confirmed for the 2022 league. Once people have signed up, and paid up, I will add their names onto the list.

Jon Cartwright
Alan Roberts
Noel Symonds
Jordan Allaway
Dan Nichols
Sam Devereux
Ian Wray
Andrew Smith
Dean Poole
Shani Senaratne
Chris Jennings
Adam Philbin
Ben Shackelton
Sean Connors
Toby Nash
Mark Dimmock

WAITING LIST

Drew Johnstone
Kieron Connors
Al Zreik
Javier Aparicio
Robert McGregor
Dan Abrey

1 Like

[4]

League Rules and Regulations

Money

£125 entry fee

The cost of the room hire, plus any other odds and ends needed for set up usually come to about £200 ish - everything else will go to prizes.

The exact prizes will depend on how many managers join the league, and will be confirmed here in good time well before the season. If we get a full complement of 16 like the last few seasons, the first prize will once again be a cool £1,000!

The majority of the prize fund will go to the winners and runners up, with a few smaller prizes on offer to keep everyone in with a chance of getting something back.

League Set Up

There will be a 14 week regular season. At the end of that time, the top 8 teams will reach the playoffs (teams are ranked on number of wins - where two or more teams are level, total points scored is the tiebreaker).

For week 15, the number 1 seed will choose their opponent from the other 7 playoff qualifiers. Then the other six playoff qualifiers will be paired off automatically (highest remaining seed plays lowest remaining seed, second highest plays second lowest etc)

For week 16, the highest seed still in the competition will choose their opponent from the other 3 remaining teams. Then the other two remaining teams will be paired.

The roster will be : QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 6 bench spots.

Scoring will be the same as previous seasons (broadly NFL standard, though without PPR scoring, and with points for individual players for any punt return and kick-off return TDs)

Waivers

We will continue to use WAB (Waiver Acquisition Budget) for making in-season player pick-ups. All managers will have 200 waiver points for the season, and 3 ways they can use them:

On draft day, each manager will submit a private bid of 0 to 200 points. The manager with the highest bid gets first choice of draft spot, next highest has second choice etc (two or more managers with the same bid will draw lots for priority). Each team will then have the amount of their bid deducted from their 200 points, to leave their remaining budget for the season

During weekly waivers all managers can use any or all of their budget to bid for unowned players.

During the season, all managers can use any or all of their budget as part of a trade deal (for example Manager A sends Patrick Mahomes to manager B, in exchange for Dak Prescott and 40 waiver points)

[5]

Just for interest, the all-time stats for the league can be found here:

1 Like

Hey Jon, can I go on waiting list too.
Cheers

1 Like

Yep, added - hope you’re well Robert

2 Likes

Hi Jon, just paypalling you now.

1 Like

received - that’s half of last year’s managers now paid and back in

16 people paid in !! Thanks all, I will post up details of the prizes and the draft day shortly

1 Like

Some Originals updates now we have 16 people confirmed in

Prizes

Prizes are as follows:
Winner - £1,000
Runner Up - £400
Losing Semifinalists - £125 X two people
Highest weekly score in weeks 1 to 14 - as a nod to an item of Originals folklore, this season’s weekly high scorer will claim a mighty £173.16

Draft Venue

The Ibis, which we have used for the last few years, is unavailable this year. So we will be drafting in a reserved area at the Papillon bar, Commercial Road, Southampton. It is just as close to the central railway station, but on the opposite side.
A light buffet will be supplied by the bar, which should tide people over till the evening.
I think the bar will only open at 12, whereas we could previously start setting up in the Ibis from 11. So to keep things moving to time, there will be a different format for choosing draft slots this year - details will be put over the summer, but you will know your draft slot in advance of draft day.
Several people are planning to get to Southampton a day early, to go to watch the semi final of the 100 cricket. Yell if you need details!
And we will be having a post draft drink and meal as usual on the Saturday. Hope that lots of you can join this.

1 Like

TFP Originals 2022 Champion

(Winner) Toby Nash (Swagger) / Swagger - 86.48 (£1000)

TFP Originals 2022 Regular Season standings

TFP Originals 2022 Play-Off tree

TFP Originals Super Bowl IX - 2022

(Winner) Toby Nash (Swagger) / Swagger - 86.48 (£1000)

Highest Weeks Score - 2022 (Year 9)

(Week 7) Ian Wray (Grecian Toffee Bengals) / grecian2010 - 140.78 (£173.16)