The No Bollox League (NFL.com) - Internal Rules - Year 18 (2022)

Keepers

Annual Reorganising of the Divisions for 2022…

There will be 2 US and 2 UK teams in each Division. Once Divisions are drawn whichever one I am drawn in will become the North (as a little gift to myself as I am a Lions fan and they are in the NFC North) it really makes no material difference to the fantasy season whatsoever as the teams drawn with me are still the same teams just they to will be in the North division.

NBL SUPER BOWL HISTORY

NBL SUPER BOWL RECORDS

NBL - INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE RECORDS

WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2022

WK1 - 3 strikes (Bradley Rose x2 & Shane Whitehouse x1)
WK2 - 5 strikes (Bradley Rose)
WK3 - no strikes issued
WK4 - 1 strike (Shane Whitehouse)
WK5 - 4 strikes (Shane Whitehouse)
WK6 - 2 strikes (Gary Thorpe)
WK7 - no strikes issued
WK8 - 1 strike (Gary Thorpe)
WK9 - 4 strikes (Gary Thorpe)
WK10 - no strikes issued
WK11 - no strikes issued
WK12 - no strikes issued
WK13 - 1 strike (Thomas Chitty)
WK14 - no strikes issued
WK15 - 1 strike (Michael Korman)
WK16 - no strikes issued
WK17 - 2 strikes (Amir Blackmon x1 & Michael Korman x1)

Link to previous years table: WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2021

Additional Strikes (for not voting in polls):

18/7/22 Bench Slots Poll = 1 strike (Bradley Rose) issued 23/8/22

Know Your Fellow Owners

Confirmed as back in for 2022 (Season 18)

UK

1. Noel Symonds* / The British Bulldogs - UK
  2. Rikki Dell / Chark Attack - UK
  3. Lee Pearce / London Falcons - UK
  4. Andrew Pearce / Woodford Warriors - UK
  5. Carl Fisher**** / Play Your Cards Right - UK
  6. (New GM) Shane Whitehouse / Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK
  7. Douglas Hay / McBears Bears - UK

USA

1. Brian Lassiter* / DarKnights - USA
  2. Amir Blackmon / WhodatMailman - USA
  3. Michael Korman / Georgia Bills - USA
  4. John Moody* / The Ranger of Outcomes - USA
  5. David Landers* / Darth DILinator - USA
  6. Rick White / Ricks Rampage - USA
1 Like

Okay our first poll of the 2022 Season has resulted - all 16 GM’s have voted and the majority have opted for an early draft. A Doodle poll has now been created with a choice of dates and times between 16 July and 31 July inclusive. A link was sent to each GM by e-mail to be able to go and vote in the poll on Doodle. The poll will be called when all 16 GM’s have voted on it or on July 14th (7 days time) whichever is the sooner. Not voting on Doodle does not incur a strike - you just lose your chance to try and get your prefered draft date/time.

Our second poll of the season needed to go to a run off poll which has now had all 16 GM’s cast their vote and the result is to stay at 6 bench spots. 3 Weeks into this new season I now understand this result more as it’s so hard to find viable replacements for injuries in Free Agency as it is, without giving 16 teams an extra slot or more to hoard players - there would be no one left to fill slots you need cover for.

Okay over 7 days have elapsed so I have ended the poll on Doddle. We have a majority date and time so that will be our live draft date/time for this season. Surprisingly to me only 13 of the 16 GM’s bothered to register their preferences?

Those three who didn’t bother to cast their votes have zero recorse to be unhappy and those of you that did not get a time to suit - you should be pissed at them for not voting as they may have changed things had they cast votes.

So if any of you who can’t make the live draft want to leave the league rather than auto draft that is fine - just please let me know ASAP so I can find a replacement. I can re add you to the waiting list to get back into the NBL in the future when others leave or get struck out.

Okay its been over 28 days since our second official NBL poll of 2022 went up and sadly 1 person has not voted and the out come is a tie:

For this reason Bradley Rose / Arian Foster Care - USA picks up a strike for not voting. Also as the poll was a tie a re-run of the two tying options will now take place.

Week 1 Strikes (x3)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 1:

Bradley Rose - Arian Foster Care - USA x2 for:

x1 Started WR - DeAndre Hopkins - (ARI) - SUS

Link to Player Card

x1 Started LB - Deion Jones - (ATL) - on IR

Link to Player Card

Shane Whitehouse - Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK x1 for:

x1 Started LB - Antonio Brown - (TB) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) A really disappointing start to the 2022 season. I don’t like the time it takes checking teams and issuing strikes but it is the only way I have found to effectively police my free leagues to make them fun for those who do put the effort in and play seriously. The strikes rule is clear, applies to all and offers me a way to weed out non attentive players who quit on the league or give up as they have nothing invested, don’t like their team or any number of other reasons for flaking etc.

Alas I had a suspicion Bradley had quit on the NBL without informing me as he replied to zero e-mails in the off season, was not present at the live draft, did not select a keeper this season and never voted in the polls put up (which so far already garnered him 1 strike). So with these 2 additional strikes taking him to 3 Strikes he’s lost his spot for 2023. However I rather suspect he won’t be setting his team and will pick up more Strikes over the next few weeks to get a permanent ban form the NBL and be at the required level to be replaced in season. So first on the USA waiting list is defo in next year should they want the spot and quite likely will be invited to jump in this season should Bradley pick up another 3+ strikes. It’s quite clear to me that Bradley has quit on the NBL sadly. Would of be courteous to have just replied to me in the off season and ask me to seek a replacement for him!

As for the other strike given to Shane - just needs you to look at your team a bit more indepthly buddy - read the players information card when you see little symbols next to them on ya team page to keep up to date with the latest news and act accordingly. If you can always good to look at the Active/Inactive list on NFL.com that get released about 45mins before games start.

Week 2 Strikes (x5)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 2:

Bradley Rose - Arian Foster Care - USA x5 for:

x1 Started WR - Keenan Allen - (LAC) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started WR - DeAndre Hopkins - (ARI) - SUS / suspended for first 6 games of 2022 season.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started K - Harrison Butker - (KC) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started LB - Deion Jones - (ATL) - IR / on injured reserve.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started DB - Jayron Kearse - (DAL) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) A really disappointing but not unsurprising Week 2, 5 strikes issued, all to the same guy - Bradley Rose - USA who has clearly quit the NBL without letting me know. There’s always the possibility he has died or such and I’d never know this which is why in the off season I ask people to confirm if they are coming back for the new season. He was one of 3 who did not (and the other 2 did actually return). But this is why next year if anyone does not confirm they are returning when I ask people to I will look to replace all unconfirmed returnees as I don’t want this situation to repeat. So for those of you who read my notes if you do like playing in this free league and plan to return each year then in future always confirm you’re returning when asked to - or you could find yourself replaced!

I will now start the hunt to find a replacement American - so if any of you know on the US side of the pond know any friends, family or work buddies you think would pay this league the respect it deserves and like to join us please holla at me.

I will actually until a replacement is found set this failed teams line ups - but will not make any Adds or Drops. As for Bradley he will now be added to my permanently banned from this league list for picking up 6+ strikes.

Okay the Run-Off Tie poll has had all 16 GM’s vote on it and the result is to stay at just 6 bench spots.

Week 4 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 4:

Shane Whitehouse - Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK x1 for:

x1 Started LB - Leonard Williams - (NYG) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is not a good look with this player having been out the previous week and the 2nd strike picked up by Shane this season. Just one more strike the rest of this season will mean not being invited back for the 2023 season. :unamused:

Week 5 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 5:

Shane Whitehouse - Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK x4 for:

x1 Started RB - Javonte Williams - (DEN) - IR / on injured reserve.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started TE - Kyle Pitts - (ATL) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started LB - Shaquille Leonard - (IND) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 DB - --empty– - did not start one.

Link to Game Centre (WK 5) Team

(LC) This is terrible and a failure on my part to have a new entrant get struck out so soon after joining The NBL. Shane has clearly decided for whatever reason he didn’t like his team/this league and given up on it. To pick up 4 strikes in one Game Week is taking the piss! These 4 strikes now put him on 6 strikes total for the year and we are only 5 weeks in. So he’s gonna be replaced in season ASAP and added to the banned (not welcome) struck out GM’s list. Not a good look I have to say and hope I can find a better fit for the league - not an easy task in free leagues it seems. ADIOUS AMIGO!

Week 6 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 6:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x2 for:

x1 RB 2 starting slot –Empty–
x1 DL 2 starting slot –Empty–

(LC) Truly bad start for Gary - the new guy - only just got him into the NBL to replace the previously struck out player - why oh why can I not find people to take free leagues seriously. I put so much time into these fantasy leagues to try and make them fun for those who do put the effort in and it absolutely grates my cheese that I just can’t seem to find 15 fellow fantasy football enthusiasts to buy into this league and pay it all due respect! NUFF SAID!

Week 8 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 8:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x1 for:

x1 Started WR - Ja’Marr Chase - (CIN) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) Seems Gary did not pay attention to the above warning (from NFL Week 6) and so come the off season I am on the hunt yet again for someone that will take a free league seriously. Why do people join and promise to be committed then flake as soon as joining?
Bane of a commissioners life!

Week 9 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 9:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x4 for:

x1 Started QB - Russell Wilson - (DEN) - on a BYE
x1 Started DL - D.J. Jones - (DEN) - on a BYE
x1 Started LB - Micah Parsons - (DAL) - on a BYE

x1 Started WR - Ja’Marr Chase - (CIN) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is the most disrespect someone has shown the NBL in quite sometime - though sadly I am not surprised after Gary’s previous strikes just last week. At least I know I can under the rules look for his replacement now rather than waiting to the off season.

Week 13 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 13:

Thomas Chitty - TRC RAIDERS - UK x1 for:

x1 Started RB - Damien Harris - (NE) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is Thomas’ first ever strike - as one of the in season replacements this is a tad sooner than I would of expected a new player to pick up their first infraction. I guess there is so many distractions right now with the FIFA World Cup and Xmas on the horizon errors can happen. If no more strikes are picked up for the rest of the season then as one gets wiped off every off season you will be clear again (so treat it like a yellow card in soccer). Just be more careful and keep an eye on doubtful players leading up to their games - especially the early week game on Thursday nights (TNF).