THE NBL (NFL.com) - Internal Rules - Year 17 (2021)

Annual Reorganising of the Divisions for 2021…

There will be 2 US and 2 UK teams in each Division. Once Divisions are drawn whichever one I am drawn in will become the North (as a little gift to myself as I am a Lions fan and they are in the NFC North) it really makes no material difference to the fantasy season whatsoever as the teams drawn with me are still the same teams just they to will be in the North division.

NBL SUPER BOWL HISTORY

NBL SUPER BOWL RECORDS

NBL - INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE RECORDS

WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2021

WK1 - 2 strikes (Paul Loos)
WK2 - 2 strikes (Paul Loos)
WK3 - 3 strikes (Paul Loos)
WK4 - no strikes issued
WK5 - no strikes issued
WK6 - no strikes issued
WK7 - 6 strikes (Michael Trujillo x5 & Douglas Hay x1)
WK8 - 1 strike (Rich Leese)
WK9 - 1 strike (Michael Trujillo)
WK10 - no strikes issued
WK11 - no strikes issued
WK12 - no strikes issued
WK13 - no strikes issued
WK14 - no strikes issued
WK15 - 1 strike (Amir Blackmon)
WK16 - 1 strike (Brian Lassiter)
WK17 - no strikes issued

Link to previous years table: WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2020

A new website called Doodle was suggested to me by a GM in another league I run and it worked well for finding the draft date and time to suit most (not all) players in that league so I went and set a poll up for this league too using blocks of 2 hour windows for draft date and times. The result of which had a clear winner that suited 11 of the 14 GM’s who bothered to vote (2 did not) so this will be our draft date and time for this season.

Week 1 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 1:

Paul Loos - WildBarrys - USA x2 for:

x1 Started RB - Travis Etienne - (JAX) - on IR

Published: Thu, Sep 2 at 9:20am by Rotowire.com

Looking at four-month timeline

Etienne (foot) will have surgery Thursday and is facing a four-month recovery timeline thereafter, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Etienne is ineligible for 2021 after being placed on injured reserve during the preseason, but it sounds like he’ll at least be healthy before the start of the offseason program next spring. Dr. Robert Anderson will perform surgery Thursday on the rookie’s Lisfranc injury, while James Robinson is set to lead the Jacksonville backfield Week 1 against the Texans.

x1 Started DL - Stephon Tuitt - (PIT) - on IR

Published: Wed, Sep 1 at 8:28pm by Rotowire.com

Placed on injured reserve

Tuitt was placed on injured reserve for an undisclosed reason Wednesday, Teresa Varley of the Steelers’ official site reports.

Analysis: Tuitt racked up a career-high 11 sacks across 15 appearances during the 2020 campaign, but he’ll be sidelined for at least the first three weeks of the season in 2021. The specifics of the 28-year-old’s injury haven’t yet been revealed, but Henry Mondeaux and Isaiahh Loudermilk could see a slight uptick in playing time in his absence.

(LC) With a strike carried over from last season these 2 strikes actually put Paul on 3 Strikes meaning he’s lost his spot for 2022. So first on the USA waiting list is defo in next year should they want the spot and quite likely will be invited in this season should Paul pick up another 3+ strikes. It’s quite clear to me that Paul’s heart is not in it this season as he was the last to respond to my e-mails about returning this year, auto drafted and clearly did not check the results of that to have two Injured Resever players in his starting line up Week 1 who were both IR’ed in pre-season. Nothing else to say really other that perhaps it would of been better if you knew you didn’t have the time to fully commit to the season to have voulantarily withdrawn rather than auto draft and get struck out early doors which seems odds on now! :disappointed:

Week 2 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 2:

Paul Loos - WildBarrys - USA x2 for:

Etienne (foot) will have surgery Thursday and is facing a four-month recovery timeline thereafter, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Etienne is ineligible for 2021 after being placed on injured reserve during the preseason, but it sounds like he’ll at least be healthy before the start of the offseason program next spring. Dr. Robert Anderson will perform surgery Thursday on the rookie’s Lisfranc injury, while James Robinson is set to lead the Jacksonville backfield Week 1 against the Texans.

Tuitt was placed on injured reserve for an undisclosed reason Wednesday, Teresa Varley of the Steelers’ official site reports.

Analysis: Tuitt racked up a career-high 11 sacks across 15 appearances during the 2020 campaign, but he’ll be sidelined for at least the first three weeks of the season in 2021. The specifics of the 28-year-old’s injury haven’t yet been revealed, but Henry Mondeaux and Isaiahh Loudermilk could see a slight uptick in playing time in his absence.

(LC) I’m really feeling let down as these two strikes are earned on the exact same two players as last week so it’s quite clear to me the team has not been adjusted at all. Paul is obviously not interested in this league this year which as I had people queuing up to join this league leaves me feeling very let down. Why Paul did not just withdraw pre-season rather than stay in and let himself be struck out is a head scratcher for me. He is now only one strike away from being replaced in season and added to the black list (never allowed back into the NBL) which on current form I estimate to occur next week (NFL Week 3). :rage:

Week 3 Strikes (x3)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 3:

Paul Loos - WildBarrys - USA x3 for:

x1 Started WR - Diontae Johnson - (PIT) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Published: Fri, Sep 24 at 3:13pm by Rotowire.com

Won’t play Sunday

Johnson (knee) won’t play Sunday against the Bengals.

Analysis: Johnson was unable to practice all week, so it remains to be seen if he’ll have a chance to return to action Week 4 versus Green Bay. In his confirmed absence this weekend, James Washington figures to step up as the Steelers’ No. 3 receiver (behind JuJu Smith-Schuster and Chase Claypool), with the team potentially also rolling out more multi-tight end looks Sunday.

(LC) I’m not suprissed sadly but teh same guy picks up another 3 strikes this week and 2 the same as the 2 he got strikes for NFL Weeks 1 & 2 starting players on IR who were put on IR before the season even started. Paul Loos has shown the NBL total dissrespect and should of told me before the season started he was not interested in retrning this year as he’s not been in the league at all from what i can see. Well he’s now gone past the 6 strikes where he gets banned for life from the NBL and replaced forthwith. So good riddence as far as i’m concerend now. I hope the next USA replacement buys in.

Week 7 Strikes (x6)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 7:

Michael Trujillo - BUFFALO BILLS - USA x5 for:

x1 Started WR - Cole Beasley - (BUF) - on a BYE

x1 Started TE - Dalton Schultz - (DAL) - on a BYE

x1 Started WR - Amari Cooper - (DAL) - on a BYE

x1 Started K - Rodrigo Blankenship - (IND) - on IR

Published: Sat, Oct 16 at 1:37pm by Rotowire.com

Placed on IR

Blankenship (hip) was placed on injured reserve Saturday.

Analysis: Blankenship had already been ruled out for Sunday’s Week 6 matchup due to a hip injury that he sustained last week, but he’ll be forced to miss at least three games. Michael Badgley was elevated from the practice squad ahead of Sunday’s game against the Texans.

x1 Started DB - Micah Hyde - (BUF) - on a BYE

Douglas Hay - McBear Bears - UK x1 for:

x1 Started WR - Antonio Brown - (TB) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Published: Fri, Oct 22 at 12:28pm by Rotowire.com

Ruled out with ankle injury

Brown (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bears, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: Brown caught nine passes for 93 yards and a score against the Eagles last Thursday, but he hasn’t practiced since and now will miss a game for the second time this season. Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson shared the No. 3 wideout role when Brown was on the reserve/COVID-19 list back in Week 3, but Miller is now on injured reserve with a toe injury. Johnson will likely have the No. 3 role to himself this Sunday, backed by rookie Jaelon Darden and possibly Jaydon Mickens or Cyril Grayson from the practice squad. Head coach Bruce Arians didn’t comment on expectations for Brown beyond Sunday, though Arians had hope earlier this week that the wideout might avoid an absence altogether. Tampa Bay faces Washington in Week 8 before heading on bye Week 9.

(LC) I’m totally shocked by Michael getting 5 strikes on the same weekend especially as he’s a new guy who assured me he was active and competitive, wanted into this league real bad before start of season but missed out due to being in hospital without access to e-mails. So he was on the waiting list per his request and I got him in as soon as another player got struck out and then does this not 2 weeks into joining. Well he’s lost his spot for next season and just 1 more strike I’ll be replacing him in the current season. He could set a record for the shortest ever stay in the NBL at this rate. Why is it so hard to find players who give a damn! :rage:

Week 8 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 8:

Rich Leese - Vlads Impailers - UK x1 for:

x1 Started TE - Mark Andrews - (BAL) - on a BYE

Week 9 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 9:

Michael Trujillo - BUFFALO BILLS - USA x1 for:

x1 Started QB - Aaron Rodgers - (GB) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Published: Wed, Nov 3 at 2:02pm by Rotowire.com

Moves to COVID-19 list

Green Bay will place Rodgers on the reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday, Mike Spofford of the Packers’ official site reports.

Analysis: After playing without Davante Adams due to a positive test for the virus last Thursday in Arizona, Green Bay will be without the reigning league MVP in Week 9 for the same reason. Head coach Matt LaFleur mentioned Wednesday that Rodgers “won’t be available this week” and doesn’t know how long the quarterback will be sidelined. In Rodgers’ place, second-year signal-caller Jordan Love will receive his first career start Sunday at Kansas City. With Kurt Benkert (undisclosed) on the practice squad COVID-19 list, the Packers are expected to sign Blake Bortles to temporarily fill the opening on the practice squad before he’s elevated to the active roster to serve as Love’s backup Sunday.

(LC) I am flabberghasted - this is the first time I think I have had to kick out a replacement GM in the same season I got them in to replace a previous strike out. This dude despite assurances to the contrary (about being competitive and always on it) has been nothing but a flake! Futherore he could not even bother to use his real name despite my asking him if he would do so and him saying he would. Lastly his final strike starting A-Rod who was confirmed out on the Wednesday before any of Week 9’s games even started and he just couldnt be arsed it seems. Well I will do my utmost to replace his lax ass before first game of Week 10 starts. Good riddance Yeti / aka Micheal Trujillo!

Week 15 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 15:

Amir Blackmon - WhodatMailman - USA x1 for:

x1 Started RB - Elijah Mitchell - (SF) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Published: Fri, Dec 17 at 5:11pm by Rotowire.com

Analysis: According to David Lombardi of The Athletic, head coach Kyle Shanahan said that Mitchell is expected to be removed from the concussion protocol later Friday, but the swelling the running back continues to deal with in his knee is considered serious enough to keep him out for a second straight game. Per Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com, Shanahan admitted that he’s hopeful, though “not optimistic” that Mitchell will be ready to go for Week 16, when the 49ers will be facing a quick turnaround for a Thursday night game in Tennessee. Jeff Wilson is expected to carry the load at running back for San Francisco for at least one more game, with receiver Deebo Samuel likely mixing in for reps out of the backfield as well.

(LC) Amir was close to picking up two strikes as his DL Kenny Clark (GB) was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday, what with the 49’ers game Sunday was 99% sure to not come of that list in time to play Sunday even if he was just a close contat and not positive himself which proved to be the case but as that was not 100% confirmed to the Sunday (gameday) I technically was able to not have to issue the second strike strike but had Amir paid attention to setting a valid line-up this week (in the consoilation bracket playoffs - competing for a higher draft spot next season), he would of seen this as well as his RB ruled out nearly 3 days before game day - which he did get his fist ever strike for.

Let this be a reminder to all - any game you play with an opponent (not if ya on a bye) does carry the same strike rules as you are competiting for finishing positions which utimately decides your draft spot for next season! In this case Amir has thrown away a chance for #1 pick in next years draft when he could of won this match up and gone forwards to earning a higher draft pick position than he will now get.

Week 16 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 16:

Brian Lassiter - DarKnights - USA x1 for:

x1 Started DL - Joey Bosa - (LAC) - who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

Published: Mon, Dec 20 at 3:29pm by Rotowire.com

Ineligible for Week 16

Chargers head coach Brandon Staley said Bosa won’t be available to play Sunday against the Texans following the edge rusher’s placement on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday, Taylor Bisciotti of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, Bosa previously was placed on the list Nov. 16 as an unvaccinated close contact of an infected person, but after completing the required five-day quarantine, he was activated one day in advance of the team’s Week 11 win over the Steelers. The timing of Bosa’s placement on the list would have allowed him to play in Houston this weekend if he were once again deemed a close contact, but Staley’s announcement that the 26-year-old has been ruled out well ahead of the Week 16 game indicates that he tested positive for the virus. He’ll now be out for 10 days as the result of the positive test, but unless he experiences major symptoms of the virus Bosa should be ready to play Week 17 against the Broncos.

(LC) I had no way not to issue a strike for this as he was ruled out a full 6 days before his teams Week 16 game. This puts Brian on 2 total strikes. 1 more in the final week of the fantasy season (Week 17) and he could lose his place in the NBL for 2022.

NBL Regular Season Standings 2021

NBL Play Off Tree 2021

NBL Super Bowl XVII Recap - 2021