The No Bollox League (NFL.com) - Internal Rules - Year 18 (2022)

Week 4 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 4:

Shane Whitehouse - Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK x1 for:

x1 Started LB - Leonard Williams - (NYG) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is not a good look with this player having been out the previous week and the 2nd strike picked up by Shane this season. Just one more strike the rest of this season will mean not being invited back for the 2023 season. :unamused:

Week 5 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 5:

Shane Whitehouse - Blue Devil Danny Dimes - UK x4 for:

x1 Started RB - Javonte Williams - (DEN) - IR / on injured reserve.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started TE - Kyle Pitts - (ATL) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 Started LB - Shaquille Leonard - (IND) - OUT / was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

x1 DB - --empty– - did not start one.

Link to Game Centre (WK 5) Team

(LC) This is terrible and a failure on my part to have a new entrant get struck out so soon after joining The NBL. Shane has clearly decided for whatever reason he didn’t like his team/this league and given up on it. To pick up 4 strikes in one Game Week is taking the piss! These 4 strikes now put him on 6 strikes total for the year and we are only 5 weeks in. So he’s gonna be replaced in season ASAP and added to the banned (not welcome) struck out GM’s list. Not a good look I have to say and hope I can find a better fit for the league - not an easy task in free leagues it seems. ADIOUS AMIGO!

Week 6 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 6:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x2 for:

x1 RB 2 starting slot –Empty–
x1 DL 2 starting slot –Empty–

(LC) Truly bad start for Gary - the new guy - only just got him into the NBL to replace the previously struck out player - why oh why can I not find people to take free leagues seriously. I put so much time into these fantasy leagues to try and make them fun for those who do put the effort in and it absolutely grates my cheese that I just can’t seem to find 15 fellow fantasy football enthusiasts to buy into this league and pay it all due respect! NUFF SAID!

Week 8 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 8:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x1 for:

x1 Started WR - Ja’Marr Chase - (CIN) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) Seems Gary did not pay attention to the above warning (from NFL Week 6) and so come the off season I am on the hunt yet again for someone that will take a free league seriously. Why do people join and promise to be committed then flake as soon as joining?
Bane of a commissioners life!

Week 9 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 9:

Gary Thorpe - Gold Rush - UK x4 for:

x1 Started QB - Russell Wilson - (DEN) - on a BYE
x1 Started DL - D.J. Jones - (DEN) - on a BYE
x1 Started LB - Micah Parsons - (DAL) - on a BYE

x1 Started WR - Ja’Marr Chase - (CIN) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is the most disrespect someone has shown the NBL in quite sometime - though sadly I am not surprised after Gary’s previous strikes just last week. At least I know I can under the rules look for his replacement now rather than waiting to the off season.

Week 13 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 13:

Thomas Chitty - TRC RAIDERS - UK x1 for:

x1 Started RB - Damien Harris - (NE) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is Thomas’ first ever strike - as one of the in season replacements this is a tad sooner than I would of expected a new player to pick up their first infraction. I guess there is so many distractions right now with the FIFA World Cup and Xmas on the horizon errors can happen. If no more strikes are picked up for the rest of the season then as one gets wiped off every off season you will be clear again (so treat it like a yellow card in soccer). Just be more careful and keep an eye on doubtful players leading up to their games - especially the early week game on Thursday nights (TNF).

Week 15 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 15:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x1 for:

x1 Started DL - Dre’Mont Jones - (DEN) who was placed on IR before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is Michaels’ first ever strike - every one can make a slip up especially in the holiday season so not a big deal and if Michael does not slip up again in the remaining few weeks of the fantasy playoffs then as one strike will be removed between seasons he will start next season free and clear. Just use this as a reminder to keep checking your teams as if your involved in a game regardless of playoff bracket then the strikes rule applies if you don’t win your match up.

Week 17 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 17:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x1 for:

x1 Started DB - DeShon Elliott - (DET) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

Amir Blackmon - WhodatMailman - USA x1 for:

x1 Started DL - Jeffery Simmons - (TEN) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day.

Link to Player Card

(LC) This is Michaels’ second strike at the back end of the season and Amirs’ first strike this season. I think as both had been knocked out of the play-offs proper they were not checking their teams closely enough in the consolation games which are still important as they affect draft ceeding for next season so the strike rules still apply. Alas, this now means Michael will be starting on +1 strike next season as only one comes off between seasons and he now has 2 on the year. Amir on the other hand will clear his one and only strike when I reboot the league for the 2023 season. Let this be a reminder to all to play out the consolation games and check those starting line ups just as you would in regular season games. As these games still count for records, stats, draft ceeding and stikes!

USA Wins again!

The USA lands back to back Championships but still lags behind the UK in overall titles!

NBL Regular Season Standings 2022

NBL Play Off Tree 2022

NBL Super Bowl XVIII Recap - 2022

NBL Super Bowl XVIII - 2022

UK 12 - 6 USA

The USA makes it a hatrick of wins on the bounce but still has a long way to go to catch the UK’s amount of Lombardi trophies!