The No Bollox League (NFL.com) - Internal Rules - Year 19 (2023)

Keepers

Annual Reorganising of the Divisions for 2023…

There will be 2 US and 2 UK teams in each Division. Once Divisions are drawn whichever one I am drawn in will become the North (as a little gift to myself as I am a Lions fan and they are in the NFC North) it really makes no material difference to the fantasy season whatsoever as the teams drawn with me are still the same teams just they to will be in the North division.

NBL SUPER BOWL HISTORY

NBL SUPER BOWL RECORDS

NBL - INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE RECORDS

WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2023

WK1 - no strikes issued
WK2 - 1 strike (Michael Korman)
WK3 - 1 strike (Michael Korman)
WK4 - 2 strikes (Michael Korman x2)
WK5 - 4 strikes (Michael Korman x4)
WK6 - 1 strike (Amir Blackmon)
WK7 - no strikes issued
WK8 - 2 strikes (Douglas Hay x2)
WK9 - 4 strikes (Amir Blackmon x4)
WK10 - no strikes issued
WK11 - 1 strike (Amir Blackmon)
WK12 - 1 strike (Thomas Chitty)
WK13 - no strikes issued
WK14 - 1 strike (Douglas Hay)
WK15 - no strikes issued
WK16 - no strikes issued
WK17 - 2 strikes (Thomas Chitty x2)

Link to previous years table: WEEKLY STRIKE COUNT 2022

Additional Strikes (for not voting in polls):

Know Your Fellow Owners

NBL Discord channel: nfl-the-no-bollox-league

Confirmed as back in for 2023 (Season 19)

UK

1. Noel Symonds* / The British Bulldogs - UK
  2. Lee Pearce / London Falcons - UK
  3. Rikki Dell / ETN SZN - UK
  4. Andrew Pearce / Woodford Warriors - UK
  5. Douglas Hay / McBears Bears - UK
  6. Rich Leese / Vlads Impailers - UK
  7. Thomas Chitty / TRC Raiders - UK

USA

1. Rick White* / Ricks Rampage - USA
  2. Mike Delino* / Fantasy King - USA
  3. Brian Lassiter* / DarKnights - USA
  4. Jon Swigart / Moby Ditka - USA
  5. John Moody* / The Ranger of Outcomes - USA

(Key) * = Championships won (1 star for each championship won).

Okay the poll that Jon kindly got going for me has been up long enough and alas not everyone voted but out of those that did we had a clear winner.

So Friday September 1st is our draft day. We now do a poll for times.

I am a bit worried about the 6 GM’s (2 x UK and 4 x USA) who have not responded to confirm on the leagues wall if they are playing this year so completely unsure if they are returning or not?

So if any one readying this would like to join the NBL thats from either the UK or USA hit me up.

I’ll be back (Ranger of Outcomes).

1 Like

The majority went for 7:30pm UK BST / 2:30pm US ET

So this is our live draft if you can’t make it live then please set your rank lists ready to auto draft.

Week 2 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 2:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x1 for:

x1 Started WR - Diontae Johnson - (PIT) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

(LC) There really was no way for me to excuse this with the player being officially ruled out Saturday afternoon and his teams game not to Monday night. Unfortunately for Michael this is his 2nd active strike as he carried one over from last season so just one more and he loses his slot for 2024. I had concerns if his heart was really in this league this year as he was one of a few GM’s that never officially confirmed they were returning this year despite my many posts and e-mails asking GM’s to confirm by posting on the leagues wall or on this thread. Luckily I now have a US replacement on the waiting list should he pick up 6+ strikes during the current season.

Week 3 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 3:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x1 for:

x1 Started WR - Diontae Johnson - (PIT) who was put on IR before his teams actual game day:

(LC) Now this is total disrespect for both me and the NBL as this player was not only out the previous week (which Michael also picked up a strike for) he was placed on Injured Reserve (IR) the Monday and yet Michael left him in his starting line up for a game on the following Sunday - 6 days later. This is why I want people to confirm they are returning prior to the live draft as it helps me know a player will be active and wants to return rather than auto draft and then not really care and flake like Michael has. This is now Michael’s third strike so loses his slot for 2024 - shame I have to wait for 3 more Strikes before I can replace him in season. Next year I will look to replace GM’s who do not confirm they are returning prior to the live draft to avoid this kind of situation.

Week 4 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 4:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x2 for:

x1 Started WR - Diontae Johnson - (PIT) who was put on IR before his teams actual game day:

x1 Started WR - Mike Williams - (LAC) who was put on IR before his teams actual game day:

(LC) I wish people would tell me they don’t wish to return in the off season so I can find someone who wants to play - rather than the incumbent GM just leave their team to pick up strikes until they get struck out and replaced. This is clearly the case here as Michael had two players both put on IR back in September who still are in his starting line up - one has picked him up a strike for being on IR and in his starting line-up since NFL Week 2. Really grates my cheese! Only a matter of time before under the rules I can replace him in season and add him to the banned list.

Thankfully I now have a US replacement on the waiting list and will contact him so he is ready to step in as soon as the rules allow me to get him in.

Week 5 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 5:

Michael Korman - Georgia Bills - USA x4 for:

x1 Started WR - Mike Williams - (LAC) - on a BYE
x1 Started TE - David Njoku - (CLE) - on a BYE
x1 Started DB - Grant Delpit - (CLE) - on a BYE

(LC) No surprise here now Byes have started kicking in and finally I can jettison Michael Korman as he has gone past 6 strikes in a season. He clearly never came back for 2023 and nothing I could do under the existing rules. However I will amend the rules for next season to say if people do not confirm by posting on the leagues wall in the off season (once league goes live) then they can and will be replaced prior to our leagues draft if I think said GM is not returning and they have not responded to my attempts at contact.

But I digress - right now I have a US replacement lined up and will get him in before TNF starts and add Michael Korman to my NBL banned list - never to be welcomed back to the NBL ever again.

Week 6 Strikes (x1)

Sad to report the following strike is awarded for NFL Week 6:

Amir Blackmon - WhodatMailman - USA x1 for:

x1 Started DB - Sauce Gardner - (NYJ) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

(LC) I’m disappointed to be awarding a strike this week as with Michael Korman replaced in the NBL by a new GM I looked forward to a strike free week but nope Amir gets one as Sauce was ruled out officially on Saturday and his game was not to the Sunday so plenty of time to have checked and replaced him in his starting line up. Must do better…

Week 8 Strikes (x2)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 8:

Douglas Hay - McBear Bears - UK x2 for:

x1 Started TE - Dawson Knox - (BUF) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

x1 Started DB - Jevon Holland - (MIA) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

(LC) I’m disappointed to be awarding strikes to a personal friend of mine but rules is same for all. Alas Dougie had 3 goose eggs this week just gone and when I looked at the player cards all 3 were doubtful to play leading up to Week 8 with the two above being confirmed as out the day before their Actual game days (Wednesday and Saturday) so have to doll out strikes but it was also a shoe in reading the player info cards the other player was not going to suit up either last week but only made 100% official as a Game Time decision so avoids the strike but made no sense to risk starting the player. You can’t win games 3 players down in a competitive league like the NBL. This is Douglas’s first 2 strikes on the year so he needs to be extra careful rest of the season as one more strike means he can be replaced in the off season if a UK GM wants in. I do not currently have any one on the waiting list for either the UK or USA so he only gets booted if he stays under 6 strikes if someone steps forward wanting to join the NBL that qualifies for the UK.

Week 9 Strikes (x4)

Sad to report the following strikes are awarded for NFL Week 9:

Amir Blackmon - WhodatMailman - USA x4 for:

x1 Started K - Wil Lutz - (NO) - on a BYE
x1 Started DL - Chase Young - (SF) - on a BYE
x1 Started LB - Alex Singleton - (DEN) - on a BYE

x1 Started RB - Dameon Pierce - (HOU) who was ruled out before his teams actual game day:

(LC) This is terrible from a long term player - 4 strikes in one GameWeek - even worse the RB was officially ruled out Friday and game was not to Sunday. Byes are visible from the Tuesday on ya team page but can bee seen weeks in advance. Amir was already on 1 strike from earlier in the season bringing his total to 5 on the year now meaning he will be replaced in the off season and if he picks up just 1 more strike the rest of this season I will look to replace him immediately.

I currently have no one on my waiting list for either side (UK/USA) so if any American reading this would like the chance to represent for there country and have a go at bashing Brits at fantasy NFL football just hit me up - PM me or post on this thread.

Maybe it’s best for everyone that I get booted out as my team is a load of shit and I’ve got better things to do than to check on news of players all the bloody time. You harp on all the time about not checking you teams and I know that you don’t do it yourself in other games that you play.

@starwarrior68 You did not pick up any strikes this week (NFL Week 10). What other games do I not check my starting lineups in then?

I may forget now and again in Super 6 and it’s not deliberate as it pisses me off if I miss a round as it’s a money league and hurts my chances. But other than that think I am on top of everything I play fantasy wise. I only do strike rules in my free NFL leagues as it’s only way make it worth wild for those that put the time and effort in to win otherwise in free leagues as you well know when you ran your NBL 2 many players flake and give up - not setting line ups at all if not doing well and victories for those trying become hollow and the whole interest in a league wanes and becomes not much fun. I think this is why you quit running NBL 2 wasn’t it?

It’s why I do this strike checking - it’s time consuming and not much fun for me - every week I hope to not have to award any in all my free leagues as it’s time consuming to screen grab the players card showing the infraction and updating my records and then looking for replacement GM’s to replace struck out GM’s. But on the flip side it has insured my free leagues are active and been going a very long time - this one is in it’s 19th season and I doubt if I did not have my strike rules it would of lasted this long with so many active GM’s who put time and effort in to try and win plus return annually.