T20 Cricket World Cup 2022 - Down Under (CricketXI) - £5 Money Leagues

Hey There,

I noticed CricketXI.com has got its free fantasy T20 World Cup 2022 game up, which starts October 16th and runs through to the Final on 13th November. The first game starts at 05:00am UK time (15:00 local time in Geelong, Australia) on 16th October. So, I thought why not do my usual couple of small stakes ‘Winner Takes All’ £5 money leagues (Classic and Head-to-Head) on the tournament. The whole tournament / fantasy game will be over inside a month.

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an Open Classic style type league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a Head-to-Head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the Head-to-Head league the top 4 teams make the final knock out rounds (9 - SF / 10 - F) to decide the Champion.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making each league £5 to enter and as I stated before both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’. So, the more entrants the bigger the prize - so please feel free to share this info (link at bottom of post) if you think you know anyone else that might like to join in.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues a go. The game starts (Round 1) 05:00am UK time, 16th October 2022 so there’s plenty of days left (at time of posting) to play with your teams’ line-up (there’s a trade amnesty until first game starts) and please spread the word - recruit your friends, acquaintances, work colleagues and please do tell any other cricket fans about my league. I do appreciate anyone’s help I can get to grow the entry pool.

The Head-to-Head league can have a maximum of 16 teams so that is first come first served (but to run it needs a minimum of 4 entrants - so 3 more other than myself). Also, due to bad experiences with some of my recent fantasy money leagues with people joining and not paying or strangers joining (great) but making no attempt to contact me to pay entry fee (bad) I will now delete anyone’s team who has no history with me of partaking in my fantasy money leagues just before the tournament starts if they have not paid. So, if your new or not a regular player of my fantasy money games then the onus is on you to settle up before the game starts.

You can enter from anywhere in the world - those who don’t know the score regards paying me just PM me from here (TFP forum) with your e-mail address saying if your inside UK or outside and I will send full info. on how to pay entry fees.

If we end up with an odd number of teams in the Head-to-Head league sometimes the site puts in a random extra team - which naturally means they won’t be paying to play and can’t win the cash prize. Equally (and what has happened more recently in H2H leagues with an odd number of teams), sometimes the site does not put in a random extra team but has Byes instead - one team is on a bye each week. Neither option is ideal as sometimes having byes people play an unequal number of matches depending on the pool size of the league. Alas, their rules on site do not state what option they will do in this particular game so we won’t know until the start of the tournament (if we have an odd number entry pool). I just prefer to fill the league, if we can and have an even number of entrants and then this is a moot point.

Lastly if you have any queries about the game itself or game site then the only way to contact ‘CricketXI’ it seems is via Facebook or Twitter - just search ‘CricketXI’ on either platform and you will see the sites distinctive red and white cricket ball logo.

Now come on - get involved and forward this info (link below) on to anyone you think might be up for this.

Kind regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: TIOKNXXH

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: VMTGNKNH

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: T20 World Cup 2022 Help

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (19)

Up Over Long On | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Amadou & Mariam | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Unnamed Team | Rich W :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Darwination | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
T20avengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Farv’s Fools | Tom K :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Master Blasters | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Oh Lanka Lanka | Paul B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Razzle Dazzle | Orlando B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Greatwhitedale1 | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Noose’s Boys | Mahin W :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Digsby | Ross D :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stoked! | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Symbiotic Swarm | Sid K :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stokeys slammers | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Guesswork XI | Kate S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Moeen Underground | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Buttler King | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Hobart Maidens | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (16) FULL

Up Over Long On | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Amadou & Mariam | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Unnamed Team | Rich W :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Darwination | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
WC Bears | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Farv’s Fools | Tom K :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Master Blasters | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Oh Lanka Lanka | Paul B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
T20avengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Greatwhitedale1 | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Hales Comeback XI | Orlando B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Digsby | Ross D :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Noose’s Boys | Mahin W :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stoked! | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Symbiotic Swarm | Sid K :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stokeys slammers | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

How do I see which matches are included in the round? I can see round 1 but where do I see subsequent rounds? Thanks

When on the website at the top of the page hover your mouse over Seasons (or select it on mobile browser) - go down to the game your playing so in this case’ T20 World Cup 2022’ - then click on Fixtures.

It will then show you all fixtures by round.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

I’m in. £10 by PayPal?

Okay people the Head to Head league is now full - as it can take a max of 16 teams. There is no limit on the Classic open league so people are still free to join that league. However if anyone I do not know has not paid for their entry in the Head to Head league by tomorrow (15th) I will delete them to open up room for others who will join & PAY before start of tournament.

There’s always one joker that wants a stupidly long team name:

FYI Rich W if you keep this team name and win I’ll be renaming your team to ‘Stupidly Long Team Name’ on my history records.

Anyone else pick Junaid Siddique of UAE for cricket xi game? Took a catch and 3 wkts at a low scoring rate but cricket xi say not selected. He is my top scorer in my cricket web team.
So will this be rectified or do I need to transfer him out?

Message them (CricketXI) on Twitter or Facebook - I was gonna bring him in but decided to leave it - I to noticed they had him listed as not selected - also listed as a Batsman when he’s a Bowler? :man_shrugging:

T20 (2022) WORLD CUP - PRIZE CONFORMATIONS

I can finally confirm all entrants have paid and the prizes for the winner of each league is as follows:

CLASSIC OPEN (WINNER TAKES ALL) - £95

HEAD TO HEAD (Winner Takes All) - £80

:england: :cricket_bat_and_ball: So ENGLAND are T20 World Cup Champions! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :england:

Yay… :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shame I could not mirror my countries fortunes in this fantasy game - but failing me bagging a win at least two others are happy they did - yes we have different winners for each of my Classic and Head to Head leagues this time around.

CLASSIC

No surprises here - as is becoming almost customary Tom Bryan wins yet another cricket money league of mine and picks up £95 in prize money for taking down the traditional ‘Classic’ style World Cup T20 (WTA) league.

HEAD TO HEAD

Tom also made the final in the ‘Head to Head’ style T20 World Cup (WTA) league, but fortunately for the rest of us and especially for pauliebedders (aka) Paul Bedford, he was able to take Tom down in the final and secure the win bagging the £80 prize pot. We actually had a full house for the first ever time in one of my CricketXI H2H money leagues (the maximum is 16 teams in a Head to Head style league).

I will be in touch shortly to pay out the winners. I try to weigh people in, in my money games within 7 days of a game finishing.

Now if you enjoyed this game or you missed out but think you would like to take part then I will be doing both style £5 (WTA) money leagues on the Big Bash 2022 tournament which starts Down Under (in Australia) in December. The ‘Big Bash’ is Australia’s domestic T20 tournament.

As soon as I have posted up my game information about this on here (the TFP forum) I will edit this post and include a link here: Big Bash 2022/23 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues