Big Bash 2022/23 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

G’day there,

The T20 World Cup down under may be over and England may be world champions but fantasy cricket does not have to end. Australia’s domestic T20 cricket tournament is just around the corner and I am running my usual two very small stakes money leagues - Classic and Head-to-Head style (each just £5 GBP to enter).

The Head-to-Head style league can have a maximum of 16 teams/entrants - in fact my World Cup H2H league filled out and I ended up with more people wanting in than there were spaces so alas, some peeps were disappointed to miss out. The Classic open style league has no limits on entrants. Shortly before the tournament starts, I will delete any un-paid for teams. Also, the H2H league if getting near to being full I will delete unpaid for teams/entrants to allow a paid entrant to join should someone pay straight away to gazump a person who joined but is tardy in paying.

The Big Bash 2022/23 season lasts just under 8 weeks:

Tuesday, 13 December 2022 – Saturday 4 February 2023.

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an ‘open’ league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a ‘head to head’ type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0 points. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the ‘head to head’ league there are play offs over the final rounds for the teams that make it.

To make it interesting and create a prize for each league winner l take an entry fee of £5 for each league.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 GBP is not much at all. All entry fees go back out in the way of prizes - both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’. The season starts (Round 1) 08 :15am, 13th December (GMT) . If not in the UK please work out what time that is for your location.

Please forward the link to this post to any friends or acquaintances you think might be interested - more the merrier (and bigger the prize pools become).

If you don’t know the score regards paying (likely, if your new to my money games) or want a reminder just PM me from here with your e-mail address and I will send back details. You can partake from anywhere in the world - it’s not an issue.

Best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds
Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: RDSWSAGE

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: HILIWVRN

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: Big Bash 2022/23 Help

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (8)

Nyvallans (GF) | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Put Shrimps On Barbie | Paul B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Humpty Doo Galahs | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bag Raiders | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Wagga Wagga Waggers | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Cricketers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

KentuckyFriedZingerBails | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bundaburgers | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (9)

Nyvallans (GF) | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Put Shrimps On Barbie | Paul B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Humpty Doo Galahs | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bag Raiders | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Wagga Wagga Waggers | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Cricketers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Aussie Bash Bears | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

KentuckyFriedZingerBails | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bundaburgers | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Did i run over Black Cat ? Anyone else getting STUNG by Nuff Nuff STOINIS, Minus 80.

1 Like

I didn’t have Double Duck man but I did make the double error of not noticing 3 teams played twice and not setting alarm to check lineups and catch a few players I have not selected and could of changed them. Also had a few minus scores myself. Shocking start.

I feel and share your pain…!

1 Like

Prizes Conformation

Okay all just to confirm everyone paid and we have 8 teams in the Classic Open league and 9 teams in the Head to Head league so the prizes are as follows

Classic Open - £40
Head to Head - £45

Both being ‘Winner Takes All’ leagues.

I hope you all enjoy the contest.

:cricket_bat_and_ball:SIX!

Apart from league leaders Shrimps on Barbie, I think it’s fair to say that the rest of the head-to-head table is quite tight!

1 Like

I’m having a mare - so hard keep track of players injuries / leaving for other T20 tournamnets / international call ups and even worse the game system adds players at 10K and if you bring them in (as I did previous round) you get hit when dude behind site corrects price and it applies retrospectively - suddenly my non playing 10K guy I brought in to be an enabler became 30K (dearer than the 26,600 playing player I took out - so I forwent a double game week player I could of brought in and forwent having a full playing team last round to beat any price adjustment to end up not beating anything and actually losing money from my budget plus losing that week by not having a full playing team) - it’s just not crciket! :rage:

I do wonder what would of happened had I not had the wiggle room in my spare budget to cover the 20K uptick in value?

Sucks that’s wiped out all my spare buget and dude don’t play much so now carrying a over priced dead weight and wasted a valueable trade. Not sure when I will be able get him out as so many injuries have hit my team and players leaving BBL plus Aussies coming back in after their last test will affect playing time for so many!

Big congratulations to Rory Law (who won the ‘Classic Open’) and Mark Pearson (who prevailed in the ‘Head to Head’) fantasy BBL 12 leagues for 2022/23.

Rory Law pockets £40 prize winnings for the ‘Classic’ league and Mark Pearson £45 prize winnings for the ‘Head to Head’ league.

Here are the final tables:

Classic Open League

Head to Head League

My worst ever performance in a CricketXI money league was this - dead last. Ouch! I truly hated how many players kept leaving the BBL this year - the new T20 franchise leagues in SA and UAE I think had a massive effect on the BBL and it’s teams stability with players coming and going. I hope that’s not gonna be the norm in future years… :person_shrugging:t2:

Any way if you like cricket why not join in on a future game as I do plan to run these small stakes money leagues annualy on the 4 major T20 tournaments from around the world (IPL, CPL, Blast and Big Bash). Those being the Indian, Caribbean, English & Welsh plus Australian domestic T20 touranmanets. I will also do the (ECB) County Championship - each league is just a fiver (£5 GBP) to enter and winners Scoops the pot, Simples! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :ok_hand:t2: :cricket_bat_and_ball: