BLM'S PREM DRAFT LEAGUE (FPL) 2022/23 (£25 Money League)

Discord Channel - fpl-draft (on BLM fantasy games server)

Discord User Names Key
(Bolded when known to be on Discord)

Andy Duenner / duenni
Andre Bonifay / DreOfTheDead
Callum Dawson
Dale Elstone / delstone
Daniel Mackey / SparkyMac26
Daniel Nichols / flacco2012
Douglas Hay
Iain Morris / Mozza_19
James Taylor / jrt55555
Liam McCarthy / Macca
Martin Fraiel / Frazzie
Noel Symonds / bluelionman
Steve Bibbing / WirralRobin
Steve Smith / Stevefringe

Do you follow the Premier League?

Do you like fantasy football?

Would you like to get involved in a draft type fantasy football money league (where no one can have the same players)?

If the answer is yes, then read on my friend as I have just such a league drafting less than a week before the start of the season, that being Sunday, 31st July 2022 at 8pm (UK time). I have picked a live draft date and time for this league to give people some clarity as to when it will take place so they can know if they are able to commit to it or not and or make arrangements for it.

Each entrant that signs up can vote for the scoring settings we will use - either Classic or Head to Head (as we had in this league last year). One team / one vote - which you will cast by posting on the leagues message board. Whichever option the majority are in favour of come Saturday night at midnight (going into Sunday - draft day) will be which setting we go with. If by some chance, it’s a tie I will flip a coin - can’t really say fairer than that.

The entry fee will be the same as last season - £25 per team. I will confirm prizes after the live draft as soon as everyone has paid up. To avoid chasing people and because post draft I can’t delete people from the draft league I am only sending an invite to people to actually get into the league once payment has been made. I have to wait until the live draft to know exactly how many teams we have (unless I get a full quota of 16 players prior to then in which case I can then work out the prizes before the draft itself - which would be better. All entry fees will be paid back out as prizes 100%).

Last season we had prizes for 1st, 2nd and Highest Weekly Score.

I am using Fantasy Premier Leagues draft game for this money league.

League details:

You may have noticed from the above league info I have activated player trading in this league where it goes to an Administrator veto - I think this means I have to approve every trade and will only deny ones that seem to be collusion or very unbalanced. When I am in doubt or if I am involved in a trade personally, I will ask on FISO forum and TFP’s Discord communities’ advice to make sure they agree trades are fair. I have switched to the Administrator veto system because in past seasons using the manager vote system no trades ever completed. I think this was twofold - the FPL Draft client only allows trades to be proposed in a tiny window between gameweeks and a trade could only be accepted up to the waiver deadline - sometime this was a window as short as only 24hrs - any unaccepted trades at the waiver deadline would automatically get cancelled. I think this meant often trades got cancelled before the team they were proposed to even saw them. It’s a really bad game floor in my opinion that FPL has not addressed - that being not able to propose trades at any time and having them complete after a voting period or at the next deadline if in the middle of a gameweek.

I have stuck with the standard default of 90 seconds per pick - I know some find this to long but equally others don’t so decided to keep to the default setting (the system allows for me to set it at 30 through to 120 seconds).

I have chosen an end of the weekend evening draft this year in the hope it may attract more players.

Overseas players are most welcome to.

I have decided to send this info out by e-mail and post it on TFP and the first 15 to commit and pay up are in.

I will send a direct invite to the league when a person pays the entry fee - that way I guarantee its first come first served, nor do I then have to chase anyone for payment and can confirm the prizes sooner rather than later.

Direct Game-site Link FPL - Fantasy Draft

All that remains now is for you to decide - are you in - or out?

best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

PS If you don’t know my payment details just PM me to ask for them.

P2 Find the past winners history for my Premier League Draft games here: BLM EPL Draft Game - League History

1 Like

If your new to FPL Draft this beginners guide could help you:

Time to get your FPL Draft started

Entry List

Below I will list all teams / people and BOLD :soccer: (plus put a soccer ball) next to entries when paid. Maximum League size is 16 but it will run with 4+ teams.

1. Blue Lions - Noel Symonds / bluelionman :soccer:
  2. DaSilva Lining - James Taylor / jrt55555 :soccer:
  3. Dawsey’s 11 - Callum Dawson :soccer:
  4. Pique Blinders - Daniel Nichols / Flacco2012 :soccer:
  5. Fringe XI - Steve Smith / stevefringe :soccer:
  6. Haven’t Jota clue - Daniel Mackey :soccer:
  7. Hips Don‘t Lie - Andy Duenner / duenni :soccer:
  8. Haaland of Dreams - Dale Elstone / Delstone :soccer:
  9. Macca FC - Liam McCarthy :soccer:
  10. Haven’t Jota Clue - Steve Bibbing / WirralRobin :soccer:
  11. Blink-1 Eto’o - Iain Morris / Mozza_19 :soccer:
  12. Llanrumney AFC - Andre Bonifay / Frazzie :soccer:
  13. Frazzie’s Fellas - Martin fraiel / Frazzie :soccer:
  14. McBear’s Rangers - Douglas Hay / McBear :soccer:

hello @bluelionman ! once my leagues are set up and if I have some extra appetite for another league, I’ll join this one! (I’m in 15 leagues this coming season, on and offline league combined)

A friend of mine is running 150 Euro (might’ve been pounds, I need to double check) Draft FPL league that is Asia time-oriented if anyone is interested

1 Like

Hey man I appreciate your sentiments but honestly don’t feel obliged to - it sounds like you have plenty enough already and loads of work cut out ahead for yourself man. Maybe you need something a little less time consuming. Or a completely different challenge overall.

My friends game has zero time commitment after entry as there is nothing you can do - all the time is deciding upon your entry or entries now. But because it covers the Championship and Premier League you must enter by this Saturday - Friday if you pick either of the teams playing Friday night. Take a look here:

Dougie’s Footie Picks

Now you are big into drafting type leagues it seems, but should you have the time have you ever tried doing Fantasy Football the traditional European way - with a budget, player prices not changing and a set number of transfers for the whole season (40) you can use no more than 5 in a Gameweek and unlike FPL there’s no weekly deadlines each and every kick-off is a deadline for the game and those teams players so you can make transfers between games for extra points as long as the player you bring in their teams game has not started yet. It’s my favourite fantasy game format for Premier League. I get a medium sized league every year - would love more entrants but average about 30 teams. There is weekly prizes plus end of season prizes for Overall, Cup Winner, Goals, Starting XI, Highest Weekly score of season oh and it’s the only fantasy game I know that scores both Premier League and FA Cup matches in the same fantasy game.

Full deets here: TFF BLM Premiership

Hey mate, I’ve popped the cash over, can you send me the league code? Cheers

1 Like

I was about to invite you to the league but I see your already in there - someone else must have hooked you up. :soccer:

Hey mate, yeah Iain sorted me out after I’d confirmed I’d paid just in case you’d missed the message. Thanks though!

1 Like

No preference on H2H v overall scoring btw, so happy to go with whatever it was last year

So back up to 14 teams this season (last season only 9). So we all will have less talented teams than last season I would say. Draft took 1 hour 20 mins to complete which is less time than I expected.

The randomised draft order ended up like this:

1. Blink-1 Eto’o - Iain Morris / Mozza_19 :soccer:
  2. Dawsey’s 11 - Callum Dawson :soccer:
  3. Haven’t Jota Clue - Steve Bibbing / WirralRobin :soccer:
  4. Hips Don‘t Lie - Andy Duenner / duenni :soccer:
  5. Haaland of Dreams - Dale Elstone / Delstone :soccer:
  6. Haven’t Jota clue - Daniel Mackey :soccer:
  7. Macca FC - Liam McCarthy :soccer:
  8. McBear’s Rangers - Douglas Hay / McBear :soccer:
  9. Blue Lions - Noel Symonds / bluelionman :soccer:
  10. Fringe XI - Steve Smith / stevefringe :soccer:
  11. Llanrumney AFC - Andre Bonifay / Frazzie :soccer:
  12. DaSilva Lining - James Taylor / jrt55555 :soccer:
  13. Frazzie’s Fellas - Martin Fraiel / Frazzie :soccer:
  14. Pique Blinders - Daniel Nichols / Flacco2012 :soccer:

Draft Results by Round

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

Round 10

Round 11

Round 12

Round 13

Round 14

Round 15

2 Likes

GL guys!

2 Likes

FPL Draft - 2022/23 Prize Payouts

FINAL TABLE

A big congratulations to Delstone Dale Elstone (TFP’er) who took down this seasons FPL Draft. I will be running this league again next season so look out for details on this forum as soon as FPL launch there draft game for the new season.

HIGEST GAMEWEEK SCORER

Cheers Noel. Thanks for paying out so quickly. Look forward to next year :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like