FPL - WINNER TAKES ALL - 2022/23 (Money Leagues)

This will be the eighteenth year I have run an online mini-league on the Premier Leagues own fantasy football game.

Quite simply - register online, select your team and then if you wish join one or both of my mini leagues.

website address: Fantasy Premier League (FPL)

My Classic League is £15 (£10 + £5) total to enter. This is because of the new Cup competition FPL introduced last season in Classic Scoring Leagues. So, the extra £5 entry per team is to make the prize for the Cup winner.

However, there is no Cup competition in The Head-to-Head league so it is just £10 to enter.

The first league is what’s known as a ‘classic’ style league - where we are all in a league together and your total fantasy points scored decides your position in the league and at the end of the season whoever is top takes home the number of entrants in the league x £10… hence the league name being: WINNER TAKES ALL & the eventual winner of the new Cup competition will bank the number of teams in the league x £5.

I RESTARTED my Classic league this season as FPL gave me the option to do so - which means anyone who played in it last year will automatically be added to my league this season if they do a team on the new FPL website so as I cannot be sure everyone will want to play for money in my classic WTA league again this season I will delete any unpaid for teams once the season starts. So, if you do want to play in this league this season make sure to pay your entry fee(s) before season kicks off. If your new to my FPL leagues or did not play in my leagues last year these are the codes:

The other league I run is a ‘head to head’ style league where you are matched with another opponent in the league each week of the season and your weekly score versus the person you’re playing decides whether you win, lose or draw and like in the real Premier League you get 3 points a win, 1 point a draw and nothing for a loss. Those points decide your place within the league and with this league whomever is top of the league at the end of the season wins all the money (as the head-to-head league does not have a cup competition).

So, in both leagues it works like this - 1st place at the end of the season takes all the £10 wonga (so # of teams x £10 = prize).

But also, in the Classic league the extra £5 entry fee goes to make up the internal Cup prize. (so # of teams x £5 = cup prize).

The more teams, the more prize money on offer - so go recruit your friends (but not if there any good)!

FPL lets you join many leagues but you can only have one team and that team is in however many leagues you join - so it’s no more time consuming to join multiple leagues. So, if you’re doing this game already think about joining one or both of my money leagues - after all it’s only a few quid and you may win a nice prize for your season’s efforts… always more fun when there’s money on it - don’t you think?

You can play in these leagues from anywhere in the world and everyone is welcome. However I seem to get brand new names every season join and no contact is made to pay so from now on anyone who has not paid the entry fee in the Classic league will be deleted during Gameweek one and in the Head to Head league I will have a cull on the first day of the season before first deadline is reached and remove any unpaid for teams. So, if you truly want in to these money leagues make sure you pay before the season starts.

If your new to my games and don’t know how to pay me or simply forgotten just e-mail me, PM me from here (TFP forum) or hit me up on my Discord channel and I’ll send you the info.

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)
Fan Pub Founding Member

PS - I keep a winner’s history for all fantasy games I run so thought you might like to see that history for my FPL money leagues (perhaps your name can appear here at the end of this coming season):

FPL - WINNER TAKES ALL - League History

1 Like

Hi Noel, I’d certainly be interested in joining both head to head and classic cash FPL leagues please. Are you running a cash draft league this season too?

1 Like

Nice to see another Bristol City fan!

Yes Noel is running a cash draft League - draft is this Sunday - details are here:

https://forum.thefanpub.com/t/blms-prem-draft-league-fpl-2022-23-25-money-league/2286/6

1 Like

Amazing cheers mate. I’ve had a read through and just messaged Noel to sign up.

You a city fan yourself then? Can’t wait for the season, should be a cracker!

Great!

Yep - Bristol born and bred here, grew up in Bedminster so had no choice and now it’s too late :joy:

I’m guessing from your name you’re based further north? Assuming you’ve moved up there instead of somehow having chosen City over Liverpool as a child?!

Yes feeling optimistic about the season - it can’t be worse than last season right…?!!

1 Like

Oh brilliant!

Yeah I was born and bred in Clevedon (family still down there) up until going off to uni and had a season ticket for most of my teenage years in the mid 2000s, suffering through the endless league 1 days!

I then met my now wife at uni and we moved up here to the Wirral ten years ago (if you look at a map of North West, it’s the little peninsular that sticks out above Chester and West of Liverpool) it’s a lovely part of the world with loads of nice beaches and rural walks etc (and everything, house prices especially, is sooo much cheaper than in the West country which is a huge plus!) but still head back as often as I can to see family etc.

Are you able to get to many games? Since being up here I’ve been to as many of the North West away days as possible but being the proud dad to a little 8 month old has hampered me somewhat recently haha!

Gotcha. I have family in Clevedon too - played for Clevedon Rugby as a kid.

Yes I’ve been up to the Wirral a few times - great place.

I’ve had a season ticket since I was a kid, except for my uni years, so yes I manage to get down to the Gate pretty regularly - don’t tend to make many away matches though.

1 Like

*** Heads Up ***

I have 41 teams showing in my Classic WTA money league but as of right now only 31 have been paid for. I said I would delete any unpaid for teams once season started but as I was slow to reply to some e-mails will leave it to Monday to allow a bit more time for those of you that need to sort this out but anyone that has not been in contact with me or paid for their team will be removed from the league tomorrow. So if you wanted in make contact with me.

Okay after booting the non paid for teams out of my FPL WTA Classic league we were left with 32 paid up entrants. So that makes the prizes for 2022/23 season as follows:

In my FPL WTA Head to Head league I got 23 paid entries making the prize for the eventual winner as follows:

Have fun!

1 Like

So finally another FPL season draws to a close and yet again we have a new champion, so a very big congratulations goes to (Julian Hancock) who has won BLM’s Classic FPL ‘Winner Takes All’ league for this season (2022/23) and bags a very tidy £320 for his troubles! Commiserations must go to runner up Stephen Warren who was top going into the last round but alas with a much lower score than Julian in GW 38 got gazumped (80pts - 58pts).

This is Julians first season in my WTA league I do believe, so think it’s starting to attract more and more skilled players - not surprising really with it being a ‘Winner Takes All’ payout.

I wish I could be better at this game but as hard as I try I just can’t seem to figure out a strategy that is remotely competitive. However I will be back again next season to set the league up and have a go however futile it seems my efforts are.

So can you bag the honours next season?

FINAL STANDINGS (Classic)

Also a big congrats goes out to our second ever FPL WTA Cup winnner - gourleysgunners (Jill Gourley) who bags herself a nice £160 for her efforts.

The Cup was a new optional spin off competition FPL introduced from last season (2021/22) in Classic format FPL leagues. It’s a great second bite at the cherry for those that have had a torrid season - as proved this year by Jills Cup win, as she only finished 28th (out of 33 teams) in the leagues final overall standings.

FPL CUP FINAL RESULT

Finally a very big congratulations goes to Damjan Rupnik (another newbie to my FPL leagues) for topping my ‘Head to Head’ FPL WTA money league for this season (2022/23) and bags a cool £230 for his troubles - as we had 23 paid entrants!

FINAL STANDINGS (Head-to-Head)

So, will it be you winning this league next season or will Damjan repeat the feat (or perhaps another previous seasons BLM WTA H2H winner)?

Look out for details posted here when FPL launch their game for the 2023/24 season and get involved.

PS You can find a link to my FPL money league winners history at the bottom of the first post in this thread. This years winners have already been added to the roll of honour! :1st_place_medal: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :1st_place_medal:

Thanks Noel. Winnings received. Great organisation as always. Looking forward to next season :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Noel for running the leagues. Winnings received, see you next season:)

1 Like

FPL WRAPPED