Ok biggest surprises of the draft "originals league"

:smile:

Considering Randle (or maybe McFadden till he explodes) is the replacement to the #1 RB last year, I think itā€™s amazing heā€™s supposed to have an ADP of 50 and be below Forsett/Gordon/Hyde/etc. Plus, I mean, there werenā€™t really many other Cowboys/Texans players worth picking in the 2nd (unless I went WR + WR), and last year I took Gerhart 2nd so anyoneā€™s an upgrade over him.

Iā€™ve been listing to so many Fantasy NFL podcasts and they all seem to give ADP advise based on 10-12 man leagues. Itā€™s a sodding joke :smile: In my 10 man league I got Lacy in the 1st, Dez in the 2nd and Morris in the 3rd, no way anything like that is remotely possible in our league, theyā€™ve all gone 1.5 rounds in.

1 Like

Another runner I wanted was Matt Jones but alas Anders was quick to the beatā€¦

I like matt Jones reminds me of Lacy

I worked out a few years ago that there are occasions to jump on a defence and kicker.
In this years draft I really wanted the best kicker because those few points difference really add up.
As Iā€™m going for the shoot for the moon policy Iā€™ve gone for high end players and hope if my analysis right will have an exciting team to watch and a team fantasy owners will hate playing.
Alternatively if I get this wrong chalk me down for a lot of losses lol.
Plus not following the pack is always good thatā€™s why I loved Gordon and his Charles pick thatā€™s fantasy football.
I had him on my list but at round five and definitely had him in my sights.

That Gordon has traded all of his players already

1 Like

A good call by anders and think he might take a lot of work away from Morris by the end of the year,

True dat, you have to blank out whenever they say ā€˜Roundā€™ and try and guage what they mean by ADP instead!

Absolutely - worth noting that Morris always did far better with RG3 than with the other QBs - risk of a downturn for himā€¦

Morris and RG3, both looking for workā€¦ :smile:

Oh and Jon taking Trent Richardson was a shock

4 Likes

Couldnā€™t have any 'Skins players, thatā€™d mean I might have to watch their games :sob:

That the Jets went 6th D, I love that they fell to meā€¦ Being healthy my expectations are high, 10+ points every single game with the ability to hit 20 on occasion.

1 Like

Good pick up on the jets d

1 Like

Biggest surprise for me was I ended up picking quite a few players I hadnā€™t targeted. 16team leagues are tough going :-/

Hey, I resent that!!!

2 Likes

ā€¦the 49ers defense sticker getting used :grinning:

2 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d bump this up and ask people what they think now looking back on the draft, i.e biggest busts, biggest booms, other observations etc. Also what they thing the biggest surprise of our fantasy season has been so far? i.e. Allen Robinson getting dropped after week one (sorry Jon, its what came to mind cause it has benefited my team so much haha)

my biggest surprise right now is how many misses at RB (due to injury or bad play) there were in the first two rounds:
Bell, Lacy, Charles, Lynch, Murray, Hill, Anderson, Gordon, Morris, Randle, even Gore and Forsett underachieving imo based on where they were drafted. definitely gonna make me look at perhaps going other positions in the first round next year, namely WR.

Also biggest bust: Lacy or C.J Anderson
Biggest Boom: maybe Michael Crabtree? drafted in the third to last round

Hi George,

Good question.

I have to agree that Crabtree has been great this season, a great value draft pick. I had lacy as a mid 2nd rnd pick so for me its not a huge blow to see him under achieve. Allen Robinson would have to be up there on the positive side of the scale although I have always seen Bortles as a crazy ass gun slinger so whoever defined themselves as the consistent number 1 WR there was potentially always going to do well. Think Bell did well until getting injured, in fact I recall him really starting to showboat a little as he found his top gear in the weeks leading up to the injury.

Cutler has been surprisingly ok, Freeman has been a blast, especially early on. He probably gets my vote for most surprising success story. From a team perspective I think the steelers did amazingly well to create a decent run D. They still need work on the secondary but they are young and have held some good teams to low totals so farā€¦ I would say that they are plenty good enough to support that amazing offense if only they make it to the playoffsā€¦ which starts with them beating the bengals this weekendā€¦ perhaps

The other huge surprise for me this season on the fantasy side was you, hardly heard from youā€¦ was not the sameā€¦ we need more Goerge! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah forgot about Freeman think he was the steal of the draft!

And I hope you right about the steelers, had 20 quid on them at 28/1 at the start of the season, and then got them in Noelā€™s sweepstake too haha

And as for me not being as involved, this was my first NFL season with a full time job, so havenā€™t got the time management skills quite right yet, should be better next season gordo, booked the Super Bowl and NFL Draft off tho, so hopefully see you then

Forgot about Freeman, Really? :grinning: