NFL FANTASY SURVIVOR - 2023 (RYP) - £10 (WTA) money league - Starting NFL Weeks 1, 6 & 14!

Alas NFL.com has done away with its ‘Survivor’ game - just like in seasons past it did away with 'Pick ‘Em’ and even earlier than that ‘Perfect Challenge’ - all really fun games I used to run private mini money leagues on.

Well, last year a few weeks in to the season I was really missing a last man standing / survivor type game so found this alternative game site called ‘Run Your Pool’ (RYP for short) that runs just such a game. RYP charge for large pools but pools of up to 15 entries are free. Having read all their T&C’s and pricing plans it’s kind of sneaky as says when you invite people with your pools private link you can’t refuse anyone using it to join - and if you go over 15 entrants then fees are due. See their charges are based on how many people you get in a pool.

But I can work within that framework - so am limiting my pools on RYP to 15 players max in any games I set up there - so 14 others + myself. Then it’s free.

So, I have just set up my own private Survivor pool. I have made it a one and done league - so there are no extra lives in this money league.

I’m making it £10 in per entrant, with one entry per person, per pool - and as the league name suggests this one is ‘Winner Takes All’. I am starting this pool from NFL Week 1 (and I have chosen no pick deadline meaning I think you can make picks right up to the kick off of the very last game of the week - so Monday Night Football). I am unsure right now (having not played in a Survivor pool on RYP before with this ‘no deadline’ setting) if it will show each person’s pick as their individual picked game starts or not but will find out during Week 1. I have gone with ‘no deadline’ to give everyone a chance to still pick late if they realise, they forgot to make a pick and games are still yet to start for the week then they can go in and make a later starting game pick - assuming they have not already used those teams left to play in an earlier game round.

So first (maximum 14) people to say they want in and pay will be invited to join the pool by me with my dedicated private pool link after paying.

If it gets down to just two survivors and they both get eliminated the same week I will try to reactivate them both (as a sort of tiebreaker) so they can continue on to find an outright winner but if the site does not let me do this or they are both still alive at the end of the game then they will both be declared as joint winners and the pot split between them.

As for paying me the entry fee if you don’t see me in person or have money on account with me nor know the online ways then just contact me to ask - (PM’s from this forum get forwarded to my e-mail).

So over to you - do you want in to this NFL Survivor Pool?

Then PM me ASAP and let me know your in (plus ask me for my payment deets).

Game Site (in case you want to have a looksie): Run Your Pool

best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

PS Please make your entry name your TFP Forum username (if your registered here).

WINNER TAKES ALL - Entry List (8)

Starting NFL Week 1

Below I will list all entrants and BOLD (plus put an American football) :football: next to entries when paid.

bluelionman - Noel Symonds :football:

Acme1386 - Abraham Cervantes :football:

brfcfan - Barry Jenkinson :football:

delstone - Dale Elstone :football:

duenni - Andy Duenner :football:

Gazj885 - Gary Johnson :football:

pauliebedders - Paul Bedford :football:

Stevefringe - Steve Smith :football:

If your new to this RYP league use this link to join:

If you were in this original league last season then do not use that new members link but just login with existing details and rejoin that way.

NOTE TO SELF - NEVER PICK YOU OWN TEAM - ARGHHHHHH! :sob:

I can confirm every one has paid for the first WTA league of the season and the eventual winner will bag £80 as 8 of us entered.

As soon at the first league has a winner I will go again and set up WTA 2. Same entry fee £10 in with winner taking all.

NFL Week 5 ends and we have a winner - well done Abraham - Acme1386 £80 is yours sir.

1 Like

:football: :football: WINNER TAKES ALL 2 - £10 Entry :football: :football:

Well WTA 1 finished quick enough to have plenty of weeks left to go again so just like last season I have created WTA 2 to go again for both existing and new players that want to take part.

So anyone that wants into a last person standing ‘NFL Survivor Pool’ starting NFL Week 6 is welcome to get involved right up until the start of the final game of NFL Week 6 - MNF!

I have a dedicated private link to join my league which I send once you have paid the entry fee. Just PM me from here (TFP forum) to ask to join and get my payment deets if you don’t already know them.

Only think I ask is entrants be registered here on the TFP Forum and use their TFP Forum username as entry name in the pool. That’s it.

More the merrier! :football: :football:

PS Tie’s will count as a win - should a game finish as a tie after O.T.
As league name suggests - Winner Takes All (so number of entrants x £10 = winners prize).

WINNER TAKES ALL 2 - Entry List (9)

Starting NFL Week 6

Below I will list all entrants and BOLD (plus put an American football) :football: next to entries when paid.

JordanA24 - Jordan Allaway :football:

JonCartwright - Jon Cartwright :football:

I am in Noel. Hopefully last longer than Week 1 this time. Congrats to the winner, especially picking the Giants and still managing to stay alive :clap:

2 Likes

I‘m in

1 Like

I paid friday mate

1 Like

NFL Week 13 ends and we have a winner for WTA 2 - it’s a big well done to me, myself and I (aka) Noel - bluelionman the £90 prize pot is all mine (yay)!

1 Like

:football: :football: :football: WINNER TAKES ALL 3 - £10 Entry :football: :football: :football:

Well WTA 2 has finally finished and I feel there is enough time to go again with a slight change to the settings - basically including postseason this time. So if anyone fancies joining me in my final NFL Survivor pool for this season this league is open until the last game of NFL Week 14 starts.

More the merrier - £10 an entry, Winner Takes All (of the prize fund) and you must make your display name on the leader-board your forum username.

Here are the specific rules for WTA 3 (including play-offs):

PS - If you don’t know how to pay me just PM me from here (the TFP forum) asking for my payment info and make sure to include your e-mail address where upon I will reply ASAP by sending an e-mail to you with all the details.

PS2 Once payment is made an invite link to the Pool will be provided - the maximum pool size is 14.

WINNER TAKES ALL 3 - Entry List (9)

Starting NFL Week 14

jrt55555 - James Taylor :football:

JonCartwright - Jon Cartwright :football:

Can i pay on the 20th please mate

How do u join it?

@gazj885 People pay then get sent invite link. No pay, no play.

But as your a regular in my games I would allow it but you only have 2 MNF games left to pick from - sure you still want in (as I’ve only just seen these posts).

Also not long left to games start so all a bit rushed now.

Yeah was going to pick miami if im.allowed

@gazj885 Don’t forget to pay and don’t make me chase you. Will send invite now, join straight away as I have to approve you before you can make a pick.

Thanks mate. Where is link