Have you seen the NFL SUPER CONTEST - SPREADEX

Spreadex ‏@spreadexsports 6h6 hours ago
@DeanPooleUK Hi Dean, we won’t be publishing selections just a leaderboard.
12:08 PM - 9 Jul 2015 · Details

Sent off the email to NFLSuperChallenge@spreadex.com and it bounced back.

Will email the other one CP put up now!

I had communication with the sports manager today. Here’s his first reply:

Thank you for your enquiry. I have passed these on to the guys running the contest. I will also chase the IT guys regarding the email bounce.
I do see your point, and agree that transparency can only be a good thing - ultimately it will depend on the number of entries and the logistics involved in collating and distributing all the picks between the deadline and start of Sundays action.
Out of interest, would you suggest the picks be published just prior to the Sunday games, or would you also expect something prior to the Thursday game?
Although I can’t make a promise we can or will do this, I will certainly make your point known and if this does change we will communicate as such. Very much appreciate the feedback and suggestions, especially from someone who has played the Westgate version.

I replied to the email informing him the Thursday picks shouldn’t be announced beforehand as that’s not how the Vegas books do it. Here’s part of the reply:

Many thanks for taking the time to outline this.
I don’t want to make any promises but hopefully we can try and get the entries sent round as you suggest. Obviously we want the experience to be as fun and professional as it can be - It will depend on whether I can get one of the weekend guys to be responsible for this logistically, but fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed indeed. I’m slightly more optimistic today as I was this time yesterday. Just hope they act on the suggestions now.

Good work exinoxx, I am submitting an entry for myself only and will join some of the guys in a syndicate if they are still up for it.

Ditto, well done EQ/guys. This does sound more promising. Are they intending on letting you know either way EQ?

I don’t know, CP.

I’m just going to wait until a week or so before the season and get back in touch. I was planning to do that anyway as I’d like to gauge how much interest they have had at that point.

Fair enough fella, I look forward to hearing either way is all. If they don’t make the change I wont enter my own entry but will consider a syndicate situation.

That sounds promising. A friend an I are going in on this and would be great to have he transparency.

Be very interesting to know how many people sign up for this. Think it’s a great idea

1 Like

Same here. No change, no entry. I can’t back down now lol.

Has there been any update on this? Anyone signed up yet?

I signed up the other day.

I’m hoping they have changed the approach with us knowing the picks ahead of the Sunday games. From the communication I have had, it was looking good. With that noted, the rule has not been changed on the page.

For the record, this is what I was told:

I totally agree on publishing the picks and it was something I suggested earlier and I think your email may have topped the balance so thanks for that.

The man who told me that is helping promote it but does not work for Spreadex. He certainly was in favour of the rule amendment so I hope he was able to push it further than the rest of us.

1 Like

equinoxx

what are your thoughts so far, are you happy with how entries are submitted? Any idea of the number of he prize fund yet

Hey Dean,

I am sort of okay with how entries are submitted. Granted, It would have been easier to be able to do it online with a form or something. Hopefully, they’ll do it again next year if there’s a turnout that they’re happy with and have an easier method to put our picks in.

The only thing that I am lukewarm about is the publishing of picks. They haven’t amended the rule and it has been a while since I’ve communicated with anyone about this, so I don’t know if they’re going to follow our suggestion or not.

I haven’t asked about how many people are in at the moment. I did query the close of entry as I wanted to know whether it was Thursday before kick-off or this Saturday and he told me that the cut-off is Saturday. I think it’ll be cutting if fine at that point, though as the lines need to be sent out and delivered by email in time etc.

(If any of you are reading this thinking about signing up, I recommend getting it done before Saturday! You have to anyway if you’re wanting to select the Patriots or Steelers for Thursday)

I emailed the person who is helping to run this. Here’s the reply:

Most people are expected to sign up in the next few days. I will chase Spreadex for an updated number of tickets but I know we had about 300 landing page visits last time I checked.

Looks like all picks will be published which is good. Thanks again for helping push that.

Where/How are picks submitted?
Do you see this weeks spreads?

http://www.spreadex.com/sports/nfl-superchallenge/

6 Team handicap lines will be emailed to all entrants by noon on Thursday.
7 You must email NFLSuperchallenge@spreadex.com with your five weekly picks by 6pm on Saturday.

Entry by email? What is this, 1996?

I was kind of interested, but it looks like a real hassle to enter and play.

1 Like

Could be fun but it does not look like they are executing it with much effort, I guess its just a non typical side show for them. Still, the concept is an exciting one so will be worth it for many.

If you think this is bad, spare a thought for the out of town players who enter the Vegas contests.

That’s even more of a headache!