Fantasy baseball 2024

That time of year again already…?

Roll of Honour so far:
2021 - @Rick_Spangle
2022 - Me !
2023 - @JordanA24

Will we get a fourth different name this time? Entry fee will be £25 same as last year (PayPal to allhailzippy@gmail.com)

Planning to have the online draft at 7pm, Sunday 17th March. As always, it’s Bestball, so once the draft is done, you can relax and just watch the points roll in over the course of the season.

1. Jon Cartwright - Montgomery Biscuits
  2. Sam Devereux - Savannah Bananas
  3. Jordan Allaway - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
  4. Javier Aparicio - Portland Mavericks
  5. Dan Nichols - Omaha Storm Chasers
  6. Andy Duenner - Spokane Indians
  7. Iain ‘Mozza’ - Amarillo Sod Poodles
  8. Malcy - Great Lakes Loons
  9. Andy ‘Rick Spangle’ Smith - Albuquerque Isotopes
  10. Shani Senaratne - Tennessee Smokies
  11. Paul Bedford - Las Vegas Aviators
  12. Chris Jennings - Twin and Bear It
  13. Gary Johnson - Louisville Bats

Iˋd love to join again this year!

1 Like

Happy to have you back Andy - I think last year Noel paid your entry fee? Same again, or will you be paying for yourself this year?!

@JonCartwright - I have a chunk of funds on account for Andy (@duenni) so as soon as he gives me the word he wants me to pay you out of those funds I can send his entry fee no worries there - he won McBears NFL game for 2023/24 season and 2 Super Bowl LVIII Squares so has topped his account up nicely to cover any games he fancies doing in 2024 with UK peeps.

Edit: Just sent you £25 Jon for Andy Duenner to cover his entry fee in this league as he confirmed he wanted me to pay you.

1 Like

Draft order now set !

See you all Sunday!

Last minute 13th team - welcome Gary @gazj885 . I’m afraid the draft order is set so you will slot in at the end of the draft with the 1.13 pick

Prize pot is now:
1st £200
2nd £100
3rd £25

Well the draft seemed to have fewer technical hitches than usual? I’ll put that down to Sam’s calm influence at the helm…

Some odd looking roster set-ups, though I assume auto-drafting was partly to blame for that

• Spokane only taking 1 First Baseman, 1 Catcher, 1 Short Stop. Could be a big risk of not being able to put out a full line up due to injuries
  • Almost as risky: Amarillo and Sugar Land going solo at two positions, Chris’s Twins going solo at one
  • New team Louisville only drafted 5 Outfielders - fine for now, but might get harder to get 3 into the line up as injuries stack up over the season (Great Lakes and Montgomery went heavy with 9)
  • Pitchers were all over the place (definitely an auto-draft thing…) - several teams have single-figures, while Amarillo, Spokane and Sugar Land all have a battery of 15 to choose from
1B 2B 3B C SS OF P
Albuquerque Isotopes 2 2 3 3 3 6 11
Amarillo Sod Poodles 3 1 2 2 1 6 15
Great Lakes Loons 2 3 2 3 3 9 8
Las Vegas Aviators 3 3 3 3 3 6 9
Louisville Bats 3 2 3 2 3 5 12
Montgomery Biscuits 3 2 2 2 2 9 10
Omaha Storm Chasers 2 2 2 2 3 6 13
Portland Mavericks 3 3 3 2 3 8 8
Savannah Bananas 2 3 3 2 2 8 10
Spokane Indians 1 2 3 1 1 7 15
Sugar Land Space Cowboys 2 2 1 2 1 7 15
Tennessee Smokies 4 3 3 2 2 7 9
Twin & Bear it 3 2 3 1 3 6 12

A wide spread of players from real-world teams: 17 Twins and Rays were drafted, just ahead of 16 from a whole load of other teams. Down at the bottom, both the Rockies and the White Sox only have 6 representatives (and no Rockie was taken in the first 60 picks) - there were also 4 players drafted who, at the time of writing, are still free agents. Could be a draft steal… or a wasted pick!

MIN 17
TB 17
ATL 16
BAL 16
CIN 16
LAD 16
PHI 16
TEX 16
NYY 15
ARI 14
DET 14
HOU 14
NYM 14
SEA 14
STL 14
TOR 14
BOS 13
CHC 12
CLE 12
LAA 12
MIA 12
SF 12
KC 11
SD 11
MIL 10
WSH 10
OAK 8
PIT 8
CHW 6
COL 6

Enjoy the season - and I’ll post updates every couple of weeks as usual!

2 Likes

And we’re off! Everyone’s played a few games now so here’s the first fantasy leaderboard

2021 champ Andy S is off to a flyer, hitting 250 points very quickly. Meanwhile, reigning champ Jordan is taking it easy, letting everyone else get a head start. Rookie Shani has had a respectable first week and sits in sixth at the first checkpoint.

Week 2 - a marvellous weekly win for my Biscuits, just ahead of Sam’s Bananas. The Spokane Indians were rock bottom

Week 3 - Chris and his Mighty Mussels led the way - just ahead of the Aviators and Sod Poodles - all three teams passed the 300 points mark for the week.

Three weeks in, 2021 champ Andy, and his Albuquerque Isotopes, lead the way. Me and Mozza aren’t far back. ‘The Other’ Andy has built up a comfortable gap at the bottom - already 200 points behind his namesake! Plent of time to go…