This is the thread for the 2016 Bargate Bowl league
The league will be a contract based fantasy NFL game for 10 players.
Draft Date: Saturday 21st May 2016
Draft Time: will be an early afternoon start, but I will edit this post to confirm the exact time well in advance of draft date
Draft Location: will be in central Southampton, but I will edit this post to confirm the exact location well in advance of draft date
League annual fee: £80 (all to be returned each season in prize money)
All details of how this league is set up can be found in this link:
Please note: this is designed to be an ongoing league rather than a single year league - I appreciate personal circumstances can change, but please do not sign up unless you are intending to play for multiple seasons!
To sign up, drop me a direct message through this site. I will add your name to the list below and will also give you details of how to pay (ideally by paypal but I can give you bank details if preferred). Once you have paid I will put your name in bold to confirm your entry. If we have more than 10 people interested I will add a waiting list to this thread.
Signed up team managers
(real name / thefanpub user name / team name)
- Jon Cartwright / Jon Cartwright / South Coast Owls**
- Sean Connors / Outsiders68 / Fantasy Gods**
- Ian Wray / grecian2010 / Grecian Toffee Bengals**
- Malc Walker / TheMalcyBarKid / War Machine**
- Alan Zreik / tbc / tbc**
- Dan Vinicombe / tbc / tbc**
- Kieron Connors
- . .
(names in bold once £80 is paid)
Yell if you have any questions! Once we have 10 managers, it may be worth setting up a group on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype - whatever most people use - to keep in touch with plans for draft day and general league chat.
- Draft Day activities - I’ll be aiming to use a room in a pub which serves food, so I can get a bite of lunch before the draft starts. The more the merrier if anyone wants to join me! After the draft I would love to have a drink or two and a meal with any managers who are sticking around for the evening. If anyone is planning to stay in Southampton on the night before and/or after the draft, let me know and I can recommend some places.