BLM’s ITV7 Racing - 2022 (£10 Money League)

ITV7 will be resetting all leagues and leader boards on 4th January 2022 but will keep the scores earned from 1st January 2022 in all leagues as they like their game to last a full calendar year.

Last year (2021) was my first foray into doing a money league on this horse racing predictions game and most of the entrants in my private league at some point or other missed rounds - myself included as I could not login when in hospital for which I’ve no idea why that was and after I came out was so far behind, I lost heart. Others I feel lost heart as the top guy in my league was just far too good and not having enough entrants to pay out anything other than 1st place (the way I wrote the rules last year) really hurt the long-term interest of all the also rans. So, a good learning curve for this my second year. Taking that experience on board for this year I’ve decided to make the entry fee a flat £10 (so a reduction of £2 on last year’s entry fee) and I’m making it a top 3 pay out regardless of entry numbers. That should address some of those issues experienced year one.

So, my private money league is £10 to enter with a top 3 pay-out as follows:

1st - 60%

2nd - 30%

3rd - 10%

Just as in 2021 it will be the longest length fantasy game I do, running for a full calendar year - from 1st January 2022 up to 31st December 2022.

The prize fund depends how many entrants I get (so hope all of you who read this can share this posts link on your social media platforms and with any mates/work colleagues/family etc. that like horse racing). I will allow entries up until 5th January 2022 (the day after the game peeps reset game scores for the new year) and anyone who has not paid their entry fee by then will not be competing for the money - and I will list them on my TFP Welchers list here:

BLM Fantasy Money Games WELCHERS

I wish I had the power to delete those who don’t pay or join way into the year but based on last years’ experience I don’t have that option in ITV7 private leagues which sucks so instead all I can do is not publish the league code publicly this year and do the above to any non-paying interlopers who find their way in. Naturally on (or very soon after) the 5th of January 2022 I will confirm the prize amounts for each position here in a new post.

The game is simple to play - you just have to predict which horse you think will win from 7 nominated races each and every round and there can be many rounds per week. Your place in the league is decided by how many winners and places you get cumulatively. That’s it.

The first rounds deadline for 2022 is on the 1st of January - but you can enter earlier as a practice if you like as scores will reset on the 4th January and you will only keep scores earned from 1st January 2022. If you already play ITV7 it will carry in any scores you currently have from 2021 (so don’t be alarmed as it will reset for all on 4th January) and so long as you enter predictions from New Year’s Day onwards, you will be in from the beginning of 2022’s new league season.

Entry fee - £10
League Name - BLM’s ITV7 Racing - 2022
League code - contact me for payment info and league code will be provided once entry fee recieved

I can be contacted by PM’ing from here (TFP Forum)
E-mailing me directly (if you know my fantasy games e-mail address)
Or messaging me on Discord here: TFP Discord server (my username is: bluelionman)

BLM is short for bluelionman (despite what the current political climate now makes you think of) which is the online name I use in all fantasy games and forums.

Everyone is required to pay upon joining the league. All entry fees will go back out 100% as prizes.

To make this league a decent size with decent prizes I urge you to please forward a link to this info on to anyone you think might like to join in to - all are welcome (friends, family, work colleagues, anyone). Only thing to note is alas only people resident in the UK, Republic of Ireland & Channel Islands are allowed to enter (Sky Bet / ITV7’s rules not mine).

ITV7 Racing (Game Site)

Happy New Year all,

Noel Symonds (aka bluelionman)
Fan Pub Founding Member

I am sad to say I only got 8 entries this year but it is what it is - everyone has paid up (thank you) so prizes are as follows:

Prize Payouts

1st (60%) £48
2nd (30%) £24
3rd (10%) £8

Am glad it’s not just ‘Winner Takes All’ this year so everyone has a chance and top 2 get more out than they spent in entry costs.

FINAL TABLE, PAYOUTS & MY THOUGHTS

1st (60%) £48 - Dean Allen / Yorkshiredragon
2nd (30%) £24 - Douglas Hay / McBear
3rd (10%) £8 - Noel Symonds / bluelionman

I found this game just has to many rounds and they are not on set days, it became a grind and you can’t do your entries when outside the UK as it’s geo restricted, furthermore it becomes a chore as to do well in a league like this you have to keep picking favourites/short priced horses if you want any chance to top the table in a private league and then trying to win a round in the overall game becomes pointless as if you do, so will half the country picking short priced favourites. This proved apparent when 1 TFP’er deleted his entry from this league three or so months in. I think he did not want to keep seeing how far he was behind as he was following a differnt strategy that in the end I started to do as well - that being picking horse names I liked regardless of the odds and thus for went my chance to make money as had I not done this from about three quarters of the way into the season am certain I would of maintained 2nd place. I also missed a fair few rounds killing my chance to compete for first place. The game became more of a pain having to remeber to keep checking when the next round openend almost every other day trying to remember to enter rather than being fun. I would like it much better if the game was just Saturdays and over big meetings over like 3/4 days for Cheltenham/Aintree etc. and over the holidays Xmas/NewYear etc.

Any way I have decided to just do a continiuos FREE league from now on that anyone can join so people can dip in and out of the game as they wish, follow any strategy of their chosing as there is no internal prizes - just try to win the national prize overall each round SkyBet put up and if you miss any rounds or just do the big festivals so be it, it really doesn’t matter - just being in my Free league gives you other names you might recognise to see how they did the same rounds you bother to enter.

I actually may look into running individual money leagues just on those big meetings like Cheltenham and Aintree - if I do I will try to advertise such on this forum and e-mail those in my ‘All Games’ or ‘Horse Racing fans’ contact lists.

But for now here is my continous free leagues details - why not join it! Just enter the code at the link below:

League Name: BLM Part Timers
League Code: 21M29D
Click here to join my league! Home - ITV7. 18+ T&Cs apply.

Id be happy woth that mate. Royal ascot xheltenham aintree goodwood etc. Gives u a separate mini league if that makes sense

1 Like

i would be very careful with what your doing I’ve read all what you been saying about me, the itv7 payment should be for the correct amount. You simply cant take money from so called other events. your the one who banned me for non payment you would have got the money eventually… The nfl fantasy i made no transfers or allowed to play during the season so you cannot take any money for that. If your taking the nfl pickem money then you either let the team stand or you return the stake. you’ve been very vocal in this matter but you simply cannot make rules up as you go along. I was disqualified at the start of the nfl season so wasn’t in any nfl games the itv 7 is different .you pay the correct amount for itv

I think your brave putting your head above the parapit but I can’t possibly know you would of paid at some time when you felt like it down the road - you did not follow the rules in the first place regards paying by a certain deadline. You did - as I recall from memory - say you were going to pay on a certain date after that deadline - perhaps it was the end of the month / payday etc., - I don’t know just hazzarding a guess. However that date came and went with still no prommised payment and no further contact from you. It was already way later than I had said in my rules I would confirm the prize amounts, sending further e-mails to ask what the heck was going on illicted no reply from you so 2 or 3 days after that extended date felt I had no choice left to me other than to cover my back and to deal with you as a welcher (non payer).

It is a first for me that someone who has not paid for later games goes on to win an earlier enetred one - it’s a strange quirk of fate that the ITV Ravcing game lasts a full calendar year to make that even a possibility. You are right that I did delete your entry from my in-house NFL Gridiron Game - so yes taking the money for that as a fine or whatever could be seen as dodgy - so as I value my name and reputation when it comes to monetary gaming I will reverse course on that. However the NFL Pick’em game I was unable to remove your entry and you did not remove it yourself from my private money league despite my asking both the game site and you to do so it has remained there all season long. You could of done this at any time knowing you had not paid the entry fee but instead have played on all season long - probbaly as you thought you was going to win (as you were top for a long time). As such I have taken payment for your entry and in light of what you said above have releneted on disqualifying you - so teh entry stands. Mostly I do this as I don’t want an online slagging match nor my fantasy gaming reputation damanged! So you will get £48 winnings minus (-£10) to cover your entry in the NFL Pick’em league which leaves a balance of £38. I have sent you an e-mail to confirm payment details. I hope this amicably concludes things.

Exactly that Gary a small £5 (WTA) league or so on seperate big meetings like you mentioned - just the downside is if your not in UK can’t do game and there is a strong possibiliy I am moving to the EU soon.

Just wanna say thank you winnings have been paid out.

1 Like