2023 Baseball Bestball

Done

Thanks very much. I see the draft order hs been set? Is that final?

I saw last years draft results but I can‘t find any standings and final table from last year. Sorry to ask so many questions

Draft order is not final. I will randomise, on the day of the draft

This thread has all last year’s details, including the standings

No problem about the questions, I will post more details anyway closer to the draft

Just to let everyone know, I have set up a new thread for the upcoming draft, so it doesn’t get tangled up with all the comments on this long discussion!
Draft day thread for 2023 Baseball Bestball League - Fantasy Leagues - The Fan Pub

Well well well…
First week of the fantasy season done, and look who’s on top. Yes, your beloved commissioner, and reigning champion, at it again !!

I’m leading narrowly from Sam’s Bananas. Last year’s runner up Albuquerque had the best pitching lineup of the week but was let down by his batters.

Javier is off to a slow start, thanks to an astonishingly bad pitching display. It is genuinely difficult to score only 7 pitching points in a week, but at least the only way is up!!

Hope you’re all enjoying the early season games, I’ll do another update in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

That’s weeks 2 and 3 completed.
Which means we are about 10% of the way through the season, so not time to panic yet!!

Week 2 saw a comfortable weekly win for new boy Jordan, while last year’s wooden spooner Chris had a surprisingly decent second place.
Malcy’s Loons won week 3, while Mozza’s Sod Poodles were a good way clear at the bottom.

All of which means…

• Very tight at the top - Flacco’s Storm Chasers lead, but Jordan and Sam are both within a couple of points
  • My lead didn’t last long, I’ve drifted down to seventh after a good start
  • At the bottom, two teams are already 100 points off the pace, Javier (although the imminent return of Tatis Jr. will help) and rock bottom Mozza

Week 4 - Sam’s Bananas won the week, thanks mainly to a very strong pitching performance. Me, Malc, Jordan and Andy S all relied on our batting to finish up near the top. Javier’s Mavericks comfortably last…

Week 5 - another weekly win for Jordan, with a surprisingly solid effort by Chris in second. Andy D took the last spot on the podium, while Malc’s Loons prevented Javier from taking last place again

Overall - Jordan and Sam lead from Flacco, who has dropped back into third. Still only 70 points covering the top 8 teams at this early stage, so need for anyone to panic (except maybe Javier!)

Week 6 - a great week for yours truly - Javier also mysteriously did really well after weeks of underachievement

Week 7 - a comfortable win for Sam and his bananas. Andy’s Isotopes flopped though

Overall - Sam now over 80 points clear of a chasing pack led by Malcy, me and Jordan. Mozza and Javier setting up an exciting struggle for the wooden spoon. Everyone else in the middle!

My pitching staff is seriously underperforming - one season-ending surgery, one 60-day disabled list, one 30-day disabled list…

1 Like

I know the feeling, two of my pitchers have already had season ending Tommy John surgeries :ambulance:

I can’t see us finishing first and second, in either order, this year!

1 Like

Week 8 - league leader Sam top scores this week. The rich keep getting richer. Decent second place for Javier - but Andy’s ‘Topes are rock bottom, 100 points behind Sam

Week 9 - a narrow win for Jordan on the week, just 1.5 points ahead of Mozza. Once again, the Isotopes come last, and once again, a clear 100 points behind the weekly winner

Overall - Sam remains comfortably top, with Malcy (Loons) and me (Biscuits) the closest chasers.
For the first time this season, Javier’s Mavericks are not bottom - it will come as no surprise to see who has replaced him in that position…

This sums up my feelings…

via GIPHY

Week 10 - Javier’s recovery from a slow start continues with a narrow weekly win, over Andy D’s Indians. Meanwhile the other Andy has an unwelcome treble as his Isotopes are last, yet again.

Week 11 - the Spokane Indians follow up their 2nd place, with a weekly win for Andy D. The Loons and the Space Cowboys are close behind, while Chris comes last to deny the Isotopes an unprecedented four-timer.

Overall - Sam remains top, but his lead has been slashed by Malcy’s Loons…

Got a feeling I am going to enjoy doing this week’s write-up…!

First things first - I hope anyone who went to the Cubs / Cardinals games at the weekend had a great time :baseball:

Week 12 - good showing by Javier’s Mavericks, and Andy D’s Indians, but my Biscuits came out on top. League leader Sam had a dreadful week with his Bananas…
Week 13 - the Montgomery Biscuits win again! Sam recovers from his bad week to come second, while Jordan is close behind in third.

Overall - I’m back in the lead! Actually a very tight four-horse-race, with Malc, Jordan and Sam all within 40 points of the top - but then over 100 further points back to fifth place.
The Isotopes remain comfortably clear in last place!

Week 14 - Andy D’s Indians and Mozza’s Sod Poodles tie for the weekly lead, while Sam’s Bananas are dead last

Week 15 - last to first, Sam bounces straight back with a win, while Javier narrowly pips Jordan for last place

Overall - Sam regains the lead he lost recently, narrowly ahead of Malcy’s Loons.
Isotopes remain in 11th place…

How can I have more points than the Aviators but still am behind in the standings? I was in front if him yesterday?