Home
Forum
Discord Chat
FOLLOW @THEFANPUB

2021 Baseball Bestball

PROPOSAL - fantasy baseball game for 2021

• Bestball - i.e. we just draft, and then the league runs itself, picking a best line up each week
  • £25 stake suggested
  • running on Fantrax
  • I have never run a baseball league, or a league on Fantrax, so bear with me!

DRAFT

• we’ve left it too late to do a slow draft, so it’ll need to be one evening
  • options are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
  • looking at other leagues I think we need 30 rounds minimum because of the number of different positions

SCORING

ROSTERS

• this is my proposal - 10 starters -note that UT is utility, which is the baseball equivalent of a flex spot (any non pitcher)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

• Jon C - Montgomery Biscuits
  • Dan N (flacco) - Omaha Storm Chasers
  • Javier A (apa) - Portland Mavericks
  • Chris P (eiskrap) - Richmond Flying Squirrels
  • Chris C (killermancarro) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
  • Malc (malcybarkid) - Great Lakes Loons
  • Mozza - Amarillo Sod Poodles
  • Harry D - Hartford Yard Goats
  • Jonathan P - Tampa Tarpons
  • Sam D (samdev) - Las Vegas 51s
  • Andy S (rickspangle) - Albuquerque Isotopes

Ok so following some debates today:

• We are increasing the pitchers and outfielders in the starting line up, both going from 2 to 3
  • Prize money will be £175 to the winner, £75 runner up, and a £25 consolation for third (assuming we stick at 11 players)
  • Draft is Sunday 8pm (UK time) - if I can figure it out I’ll randomise the draft order shortly before the draft

Something to note - it appears fantrax assigns a single position to each player. Several other sites assign multiple positions to a player who, for example, plays sometimes at 1st base and sometimes at 2nd - so just be aware of this difference.

Draft order randomised. See you in 3 hours

Scores at the end of week 1
(I suspect I won’t be posting these every single week…)

Javier A and Chris C sharing the early lead - Javier thanks to his batters while Chris has had a great pitching week.

All change at the top, the Loons now lead.
Hartford had the lowest weekly score in week 1, but the highest in week 2. It’s all pretty random…