War Room Challenge

Ok so here is the update:

I have not had much interest in this outside of our league sadly, in my case I built it and you guys/gals came, everybody else stayed at home : )

Not to worry we have enough to make it interesting, its just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

While not everybody has signed up or paid up yet here is the situation…

Players

Jon
Dean ??
Shani ??
Anders*
Mary*
Simon*
George*
Sean*
Keiron*
Gordon*
Adam ?

Those with nothing next to their name above are players who don’t currently have a plan to come to Reading. Those above with a single “?” are playing on the night but are yet to confirm whether they shall make to Reading in person. Those with “??” next to their names have shown an interest in recent weeks but as yet are to confirm entry either way. Those with * next to their names are players that are coming to my place for the draft. 8 is a good number for my place. We live in an average sized 2 bed apartment so any more would be cramped possibly. We would always make room for the LM however if he wanted to join the fun, commish!??

Can those who are playing but not coming to mine let me know if they intend to stay up for the draft and chat online please? Its great if you do, it adds to it all but equally it would be very useful to me to know if your not planning to stay up? Either way your entry counts!

As for me, well I’m off to Turkey in the morning for a week. I will be back on Wed the 29th and will send out comms early on Thursday the 30th to see who’s still coming and to blend plans. I will be online most days through the week however so all good.

Slaters all
G

Remember, when selecting your picks… Your not predicting which team picks who, instead your predicting the order in which the rookies are drafted regardless of team that selects them.

I’ll be chatting a bit - maybe catch a few Zzzz’s then get up in time to watch the first 10 picks

I think I’ll probably be able to make it over to your place in Reading, gotta spend most of next week in Hungary but I should be back Wednesday or Thursday evening, and I’ll try to take the Friday off as I’m taking my car to get serviced then anyway.

Now I just need to brush up on the draft. Last year I was constantly following it but now I only know the top QBs.

I know nothing about College ball and no idea who will be picked where - and reason I did not commit is I was hoping to go to a draft party at a bar up town as I did last year and meet some of the same guys from NFLUK plus was hoping to drag some of you guys along to increase the numbers and get you guys singing the praises of both this forum and our live draft fantasy league while increasing the numbers for Dani’s draft party - sort of a win/win but alas Dani Lopez never confirmed a venue and in the interim Gordon snaffled up all the guys for his event from the Originals based down south that I figured may have come out for a draft party so now that means I’m either home alone watching the draft or if Dani has a late bar party confirmed last min perhaps going there - as he had Cecil Martin last year at the do - but equally as I have the week off and will be back from my long weekend break in Jersey I just may venture down to Reading if my cars fixed - ignition switch has gone so ordered the part off e-bay and hopefully while I am away this weekend my bro is going to fix for me but won’t know till I return if it works out or not (as in the part was right part etc., etc.,).

So we will see - thanks for the open invite as I like to have a good drink with you guys talking sports.

Hi Noel,

The only reason I tried to create something this year is because nobody
else appeared to be hosting any kind of event for the draft. If I had
thought for a minute that anybody else was hosting a half decent event I am sure I would have joined you. I’m just trying to provide a
way for folk to come together for it, whether that be online or in person.
The predict the pick challenge is just something to add interest to the
night for all, if people tell me it was not fun I won’t do it next year. I
am with you, I have never seen a single college game, I’m just working with
the same information that we all have access to and so far I have only
chosen my first 16 picks, will pick the next 16 when I am home on the 30th
but as u say, it’s not easy for any of us. It would be good to see you
again and It would be good to have you join in what I hope to be a simple bit of
fun on the night. Please let me know if you can make it by the 29th as I
currently have seating for 8, I will need to arrange additional seating
from somewhere on the 30th. Hope you can make it dude.

Adam, thanks for letting me know. Will look for confirmation from you over
the week. Also, it will be good to see you.

Jon, thanks for letting me know. Sad that you cannot make it in person but good that
we will have your input anyway.

Has anybody heard from either of the feelers recently? I reached out to
Allan R on email but not heard anything from them in a while.

Please keep the entry money coming people.

All the best folks.

G

Hey Gordon, I’ll be able to come over next week - looking forward to seeing you guys!

I just need to remind myself to sort out the Paypal and Slack accounts this week. And do some research into draft prospects!

Noel - myself and Simon are both probably driving over and vaguely in your general area, if you haven’t got the car that day I’m sure you can still get a lift over (I can easily drive you back, though haven’t worked out when I’m getting there as it depends where I’m working on Thursday).

I’m more than happy to sit on the floor I can bring some cushions I wouldn’t go to the trouble of sourcing extra seating

Hi Mary,

Your more than welcome to sit on the floor if u wish but I would like to think there is no need for that, especially since our gaff is all laminated. The draft is also a drawn out process so I hope we can all sit back and feel comfortable.

Just to add, sourcing more seats is no problem whatsoever.
Kind Regards

Adam, thanks for letting me know.

All,

Can I just ask who is planning to come by car and who train?

We have under croft parking for 3 cars and so far I think Adam, Sean and Anders are driving so it would be good to know if we have any more?

Regards

G

im coming by train
mary

Excellent, thanks Mary

I’m driving over too

Ok Simon, no problem. The spaces will be served up on a first come first
parked basis, the 4th car to arrive will have to park in the multi storey
car park on the way into town. This is about 10 mins walk from my apartment
and also where I shall park for the night. I “think” it’s quite cheap
through the evening.

I’m picking my son up from London near edgware around 7pm next Thursday if you want a lift and can get there.

Ok so we are just about there… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a little planning to co-ordinate the arrivals needed. Can I suggest that those coming by car arrive at or before 9-30pm? This will allow us to head over to the train station to meet the train arrivals by 10pm where we can have a few drinks before going back to my gaff for the pre draft hype and count down.

Does that sound ok for car and train arrivals alike? If a train arrival arrives earlier they are welcome to hitch a cab (about 5 bucks) to my place. If a car arrival arrives much later they shall need to park in town and join us at the train station or bypass the town gathering and meet us back at my place in the witches hour.

I hope these details work ok. If there is a problem please just let me know. I shall reach out to you all early on Thursday with my address details. Looking forward to catching up with you all.

PS. Noel, it would be great if you can make it and join us in the predictions game, please let me know by tomorrow if you can fella.

All the best.

Hey guys, I’m gonna have to give this a miss. Have a very busy week so won’t even be watching the draft :frowning:

Sorry but I’m sure you guys will have a blast!

I just literally got back home - not had easy net access for 3/4 days other than Facebook on phone when in an open Wi-Fi area - see had a long weekend in Jersey but here’s the bad news I tripped Monday and have sprained my ankle real bad while exploring St Hellier - I didn’t want it to curtail my holiday and sight seeing so instead of resting it tried to walk it off and still sight see ignoring the pain etc., long story short it hurts a good’un now and it’s swelled up big time comparing it to my other foot… so alas with my car still not fixed (and now couldn’t easily drive it any how) plus in this condition think walking to train station from mine and what have you is also out - am gutted as I am on leave from work rest of week so would have loved to come on down have a drink meet the gang and partake in festivities etc.

So unless anyone is coming from my neck of the woods or passes me I guess I am scratched from this meet up - but if anyone is passing or willing to go via me then I would most certainly make the effort and come along and chip in for gas?

What’s your neck of the woods Noel, Redhill or Croydon or…? I can probably swing by that way, won’t add too much to my journey time.