Hi Noel,

Sorry to hear you bust your ankle dude, the invite of course remains open
should somebody be passing you and you choose to join us. Sadly with me
being in Turkey until the early hours of Thursday I have quite crap
communications links with people at the moment so cant really assist in
your travel arrangements. Is anybody going by Noel’s place on the way
people?

Cheers all

I am in a place called Merstham - between Redhill & Coulsdon (but nearer Redhill). RH1

I should be able to give you a lift Noel, I’ll reply to your PM.

1 Like

:football: Well Gordon / CitrusPlayer - thanks to Adam / neonadam looks like BLM will be attending the ball so your gonna be crushed for space and I do hope your other half is cool with all these strangers (to her) coming round for an all nighter!

Update: Reading back I see your gaff is a wife free zone for this so scratch the above remarks on that front and as for Your War Room Challenge I guess I am to late - am hurriedly doing an entry for the NFL.com Predict The Pick Game so if any of you are also doing that and a member of NFLUK then feel free to join in my league there:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showpost.php?p=2178789&postcount=110

If any of you like fantasy sports games and competition then my Forum Championship I started last year on there was a way I could run private free leagues with still a reason to take it seriously and make games competitive. I also thought it would be a good way to get people to interact and lastly try many games out with no financial risk… added bonus maybe over time some may like some games so much they may want to get involved in future seasons with my small money leagues I run on a lot of the games (not all) I do there. I run stand alone private money leagues annually on many of the games I do on there and would be good to grow the entry pool on all of them.

Any way please check out this thread and get involved if you like fantasy sports games:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=104932

• people are welcome to pick and choose what games they play but if going for the overall crown you really need to take part in all games.

Hi Noel,

Delighted you can make it, since Simon wont make it we are still at 8 so it’s all good.

As for the “War Room Challenge”, well that’s just a fancy name for the predict the pick game your now advertising on NFLUK so its not too late dude : ) and since your making picks for that anyway I would hope you can join in our fun, everybody else coming to my gaff is having a go & as you will appreciate having a crowd of players and non players in the same location just dilutes the fun. I shall send you an invite to our group with my paypal email address should you choose to join the game.

Kind Regards

Noel the war room challenge game is a predict the pick league, so just get in touch with Gordon, pay the tenner and get entered into it (:

1 Like

Just in case anybody is worried about the task of making 32 picks, I still have the last 16 to do myself, will do them tonight. The last 16 being the harder of the 32, some look like obvious picks, some look like possibly correct and some I just have no bloody idea… but its just a bit of fun.

Hi Noel,

I have just sent you an invite to our group on the predict a pick “War Room Challenge” to the email address you use for your fantasy games communication. If you don’t see it please check your spam folder/filter. Additionally entry fee (£10) can be made to gordsbox@gmail.com via paypal or bring it with you.

Kind Regards

G

Hi All,

A few simple facts about tonight…

1. Car arrivals will ideally be completed by 9-30pm so that we can go meet train arrivals by 10pm and have a few jars before heading back to my gaff for the draft.

2. I will have all the usual mixers and vodka for folks to drink however other than those options please consider it a bring your own bottle kind event (BYOB).

3. Bus lanes are common place in Reading and the council don’t like it when you drive on em, just be on the lookout for them (drivers) and you shall be ok.

4. If there is a possibility you might crash at mine for the evening that’s totally fine, I suggest you bring a sleeping bag if you have one.

5. Its looking like we shall only have 3 online players who are not at my place tonight, Jon, Deane and James. We shall be using slack.com as the chat channel so please consider installing the excellent slack mobile app or bring a device for online chat via a browser.

Looking forward to it, see ya all laters

Anyone else not eaten - never hung out in Reading before but wonder if can go to a place that does food as well as drink as I’m starving… lol.

I got your invite for the Predict The Pick but no password with it so couldn’t join and to be fair I have no clue so as was out of time just stuck in any one no research so don’t fancy gambling on it as I’d just be throwing it away though I’d happily join for fun. I suppose I can also bring my notebook so can join in chats or whatever.

The password is wrc

Its up to you fella, the idea was that all at my gaff would be taking part but if you don’t like the idea I’m more than happy to make an exception for your good self ; )

I’m just getting round to doing my picks now :blush:

Unsure if they do food at the station, don’t think so but there should be fast food places around that might suit peoples needs. Happy to move with the flow after that.

I have a load of snacks but obviously that’s not much of a substitute for a full meal.

Regards

Have a brilliant night guys - will see you on slack.com later !

I just found some cash in a wallet so as it’s only a tenner whatever fella though I have missed ya 6pm deadline.
Hell I loose so much with bookies what’s 10 more bob - so if ya want me in money wise I’ll chuck in.
Shame was hoping perhaps the drink in town could be at a TGI Fridays or such like that has a bar but also does food as this has turned in to quite the meet up - be fun!

I have dug out my notebook but not sure have much time to charge it before Adam arrives now as you seem to think we all need to be on the slack thing - will bring along just in case - plus as now I maybe playing for money may need to relook at my pick anyone attempt. Also I didn’t take notebook to Jersey and so wished I had once there as in hotel it had free wi-fi only in lobby and bar - not rooms and always the way could of used it to plan things at night when everything else closed but hotel bar and silly me thought don’t bother less weight and only taking carry on. Never flown Easy Jet before and they didn’t weigh anything or even seem to care about peoples sized carry on - some huge cases with wheels - quite eye opening as I thought the budget carriers were meant to be strict and charge for everything possible - how wrong I was - gladly so.

Hi All,

So we ended up with 11 in all, not the number of entries I was originally hoping for but enough to make it a friendly competition. Thanks to all who took the time to enter and go through the selection process. It was decided at kick off that prizes would be split into

1st - £70
2nd - £40

The results are below…

1st place, Sean aka Outsiders1968 once again proved that within his method and madness there is a touch of genius and with getting the first 4 picks correct built up a lead that was never caught. Very Well Played!

2nd place, George aka NFLFanGeorge1993 tied with Adam aka NeonAdam for 2nd spot however as per the documented set of rules I posted weeks ago any ties would be settled by the winner being the player that selected the most recent correct selection. In this case this was George who correctly selected DJ Humphries going to the cardinals at 1.24 and won the runner up prize. Well played!

Kieron aka Kieron1994 was also involved in the battle for 2nd spot but just missed out by a mere 40 points.

I do however owe an apology to those who played online rather than joining the gathering at my place for the night. It was always the intention to have all players actively taking part in the online chat however sadly this was not the way it worked out on the night. Players were requested and had good intentions to do so however the online chat function simply was not utilised much. Apologies to the few who were willing and gave it a shot!

Prizes have been dispatched to the prize winners.

Kind regards all and thanks for taking part.

1 Like

So did my amazing picks really now win me any money? Shocked!!

Great night lovely to see you all again roll on august and special thanks to Mary who was great company.

Sounds like a fun night guys! Why am I not surprised that Sean won - he is the methodical scientist of the gang…

Any pictures of the get together?

aww thanks it was a great night nice to meet everybody and thanks for your hospitality gordon

Yeah top night - more research needed next year - or maybe just I should listen to more informed peeps than me and copy!

Special thanks to Adam for getting me and returning me without whom I would not of made it. Also thanks to Gordon for opening up his home and hosting us for this.

Round two live now:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/live?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-live

Hi All,

It was indeed a good night, meeting and spending time with fellow enthusiasts of the game is right up there with other things I love to do. It was great to host the night although I wish I had more than 4 hours sleep the night before. I got tired quick when my hopes of winning were dashed early on.

To answer Jon’s question, I recall one or maybe 2 pics being taken but not sure by who?

Regards