War Room Challenge

How are we doing this war room challenge? Doing it with excel like you said or using the NFLs one?

Hi George,

The below info should answer your query.

Entry for the War Room Challenge (WRC) is now open!! : )

Here is a link to general information for the challenge.
WRC_INFO

All those looking to join in the fun, please DM me on here for full entry instructions and competition rules (as provided by NFL.com)

The more we have the better so if you know anybody that might enjoy it please mention it. While the idea first and foremost is to create a one night, online draft community I am open to entrants who want to play but will not be staying up for it/all.

Kind Regards

G

Gordon,

Iā€™m hereby giving up my bed at your place - I might not be working the Friday of the draft but I still have two little monkeys I need to get back and take care of lol.
George, if itā€™s any help I can give you a lift to Slough train station ā€¦ itā€™s on my way to Windsor anyway.
Really looking forward to the event Gordon - youā€™ve done an excellent job so far.
Looking forward to see you guys at Gordonā€™s Game Room;-)

no problem man, all good.

A lift to reading train station would be good Anders, trains run quite often from there into London through the night, though it might depend on how many drinks Iā€™ve had, as to wether I just crash at Gordonā€™s till the morning or not, as itā€™s gonna be a long night and Iā€™m sure many beverages will be consumed haha

Itā€™s a fair shout George, I donā€™t mind whether people have a drink or not but I expect the night to culminate between 4 & 5 am. People are welcome to turn up whenever they like but those turning up later than midnight will need to walk or get a short taxi to my place. Anybody turning up prior to midnight will be met at the station or nearby pub. Anybody is welcome to stay over till morning (sleeping bags might be a good idea if people have them). I will be having a social drink ; )

Hey Gordon,

Iā€™ve been meaning to say whether I can make the Thursday night or not. Just started a new job this week so will see what they think of me taking time off so soon, but if I donā€™t have any meetings on the Friday itā€™s probably fine (especially as itā€™s a bank holiday weekend), in which case Iā€™ll try to make it to the draft in person :blush:

What time would be best to get their? Iā€™m gonna be travelling to reading station from paddington, and can pretty much aim to get there at any time, so let me know what you have planned

Adam,

It would be good to see you dude, just let me know when you do. Congrats on the new job too!

George,

Iā€™m not really sure yet. Nobody has defined an arrival time yet. People can turn up when they want, I will let you know when I get a feel for when people are arriving.

Regards

In terms of the online chat group and predict the pick challenge we have 6 signed up so far to both. Would be good if those who are interested/who showed interest could sign up so that I can then pull in more punters from elsewhere potentially. Those people not signed up yet would be George, Dean, Mary & Simon with Shani being a late time decision due to commitments. Obviously I appreciate if people cannot make it/have other plans.

Many thanks

sorry will sort this out tomorrow

Hey Mary,

No worries, just putting it out there in case people are still interested in taking part.

Regards

Iā€™ll sign up tomorrow, but canā€™t pay you till I get paid on the 28th if thatā€™s alright?

For a man of your stature thatā€™s absolutely fine George.

Sadly I have not had too much interest outside of our league for the pick em or draft night online chat. I was kind of hoping /expecting to have more by this point. When George signs we will have 7 players with a possible 2/3 others from the league yet to join. That would be enough I guess.

As for coming to my place on the 30th, Anders, Sean and his son Keiron are looking to arrive early, no exact time yet but between 9 and 10pm or thereabouts I think. People can turn up whenever.

Regards

I ainā€™t gonna lie, as the current wooden spoon holder I am even worse with college knowledge beyond maybe top 3 picks :smiley:

However, Iā€™ll manage to rustle something together and tbh wanted to come hang out with u guys!

It will be good to see you Simon!

For anybody who is struggling with the concept of predicting 32 picks, the predictpick.nfl.com site where our group is includes each teams major needs and suggests the most likely candidates, much of the job is already for done for us ; )

Regards

keep changing the order of my top picks, trying to predict people trading up for guys like Mariota, its sooo hard, theres so many wildcards haha! mustve changed it about 10 times now lol

Yeh, there are a lot of different ways you can go with it. Each pick affects your next one tooā€¦

Iā€™m making a 1st round pick on behalf of the Chiefs on the Gridiron Gentlemen podcastā€™s mock draft this weekend, so I really really need to get my board sorted out! Lots of scribbles and notes so far, but itā€™s still one of about 10 playersā€¦

Once Iā€™ve got all my prep done for that I will have a proper go at the NFL predict the pick site ready for the real thing.

By the way, in case youā€™ve somehow missed it, NFL season schedules are out tonight (about 1:00 a.m UK time I think)

1 Like