SB 50 @ The Hipp

Hi Steelers, In additon to both you guys there will be Anders, Dan, Mary, myself and possibly Simon, Shani & Noel for food pre game, those who are listed here as possibles have previously stated they would be up for grub and I’m just waiting on an up to date confirmation which will hopefully come in the next few days. Will be good to meet you!

I’m free all day so earlier we all meet up the better

1 Like

I reconfirm I’m up for food and what ever the majority decide on. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Gordon I’m a ‘most probable’ on the food front.

1 Like

I am an unlikely on the food front but will def be outside Hipp at any time you give me to meet up

Cheers Citrus, I will keep my eyes peeled for any updates that pop up over the next few days. More the merrier.

Be good to meet you too as well as a few other new faces.

1 Like

Great, nice one guys…

This gives us Dan, Anders, Noel, Mary, Simon, Dean (Probable), AWNFL & Steelers84, myself and possibly one other for food.

Does anybody have any preference? I’m inclined to say curry as its a complete contrast to the food that will be available much later in the night at the Hipp. But really im happy with any suggestion.

Ok so nobody gives a hoot where we go for food, :smiley: so I’m going to surprise everybody with an option not discussed yet…

I will call them tomorrow night to make sure they have a space for us all and if none of you object I shall book a table for 8pm.

Venue: SaltnPepper
Menu: Here
TA: Reviews

Its exactly where most of us need to be (Leicester Square), its a complete contrast in food types compared to what will be offered to us much later in the night, its affordable and everybody pretty much enjoys a curry.

I did consider the idea of going to a sports bar or Bodeans for food but figured if we go there the food will be a mirror image of what the Hipp offers later. Plus we will need to be at the Hipp for about 9-30pm so we will have plenty time for game build up there too.

By all means if anybody else has some thoughts please fee free to vent :smile:
Otherise I shall confirm the booking in this thread tomorrow night.

1 Like

As pointed out earlier today by Simon everybody should expect poor tube service over the weekend…

Strikes

Hi Mr. CitrusPlayer! - is that Hippodrome ticket still going spare? - if so, can I take it, please. I’d be up for a curry as well.

1 Like

Nice one Andy - I know this guy Gordon (CitrusPlayer) he’s a good egg and been to a few Super Bashes with me. Does many of my fantasy games to. :+1:

Hi Rick,

Its been one of those days. After a couple of days of no bites on the spare ticket I walked into work today and immediately had interest although for him to go he needs wife clearance which he was looking to get tonight. 30 mins later Mary reached out and expressed interest from her Brother. I shall see the first guy in the morning first thing and find out if he can make it, if not the ticket then goes to Mary’s Brother, only if he changes his mind and turns it down would it then come to your good self. I’m really sorry fella, I have to be fair to all and play it in order.

I shall confirm the ticket status on here tomorrow.

Best Regards

Fair enough Gordon, I was a bit slow off the mark there! Thanks for replying. Andy (aka Rick Spangle).

Andy - keep checking Gumtree, Craigslist etc, you never know if there’s a change of heart especially if the Tube strike puts someone off.

I can confirm the spare ticket was passed by the first person and then was taken by Mary’s Brother Tom. Happy to say that Tom will be joining us for the entire hoopla!

Rick (Andy) - Please check back here on Sunday morning in case anybody has to pull out over the weekend. Your the “next man up”!

I most probably will be working on Sunday in town so more than likely can join for dinner will confirm tonight tomorrow am if that’s ok

Is that ok? Thats excellent Shani… Looking forward to hearing you can make it ; )

For those who can start really early, like 7pm I’m thinking of arranging initial meet up at Bodeans for beer before the curry at 8pm.

1 Like

Tube strike has been cancelled! Hurrah!

3 Likes

Sorry for being an ass I’ll meet you outside Hipp have to go to work in morning so will be a long stretch to stay in town after