Wild Card Hook Up

I’m there for both games for sure and would love a group meet for a meal first if that’s possible as can get up to town whenever if peoples about. :+1:

Good stuff.

Yep, I should be there.

:grin:

1 Like

Sadly Anders is a busy dude this weekend so cant make it… So far it seems we have Noel, Adam, Jon, Simon, Jon’s Chief fan group? and myself. If people want to eat I could suggest Chiquito’s in leicester square. Myself and Anders eat there last season pre game and the food was good. Just one suggestion…

Happy to say Mary Casey will be joining us Saturday night. Keep em coming, the more the merrier as they say…

Just to add, the cinematic room will not apparently be open for football Sat night, it shall be a case of finding seats in the lounge area’s.

I have sent a “special request” ; ) to the Hipp to open up the big screen on Sat night. If they decide against it I put “The Two Sportsmen” venue on the table. This is the Sports Bar & Grill in Piccadilly that some of us have been to before, its been renamed recenlty but remains under the same ownership. They have advised that they have a license until 1am and therefore will stay open for the end of the early game. They dont offer a huge screen but screens are everywhere you look and seats are going to be more available earlier in the evening comapred to the Hipp.

The late game is only a 5 minute walk away in Leicester square (Hipp), would be good to get an idea of who is expecting to hang out for the late game?

Noel, I thought of you and your liking for the “Marlybone” sports bar & grill venue, sadly they would not gaurantee staying open for the end of the early game unlike Piccadilly.

Thanks for all the extra info, Gordon. To confirm from my end:

• i will be getting to waterloo about 8:00
  • i will be around for both games
  • the Chiefs fans are not doing a great job of sorting themselves out, so i am totally in on whatever the fan pub group is doing (if i can get the Chiefs fans to tie in with us great, but if not its their loss)

Happy to take a steer from you on venue(s) for games. If my arrival time in London works for Chiquitos count me in - if it doesnt, no problem, let me know and I will get a burger en route!

Sounds like we have at least 6 coming along now, which is a good turnout. Looking forward to it!

Again this is your baby Gordo and again if people are meeting for food I’d like that if not I’d need to get something on root I guess to but I am out for both games 100% where-ever is open for said games. I am also trying to get £2 squares grids off the ground for each of the Saturday games for some added interest - was hoping Adam (or Dave we met at the TG get together) could help me get something on line but they must be really busy as not managed to speak with either of them regards this. Hope to still get something sorted but looks like it will have to be physical sheets I bring with me but hopefully any one who buys tickets from me in advance - will do using same raffle ticket system as I do for Super Bash - will be happy with me doing some kind of spread sheet or something and loading it up Saturday so they can view online before I go but if anyone in the mean time can come up with an idea or help me transfer all the info to grids I can display on TFP that anyone can view so much the better. The reason for going £2 grids is I think gives me a better chance to sell both out before Saturday but even if I don’t have decided to play house and I promise to put in for any squares unsold - so the prizes are guaranteed!

Noel - if you Google Superbowl Squares, there’s loads of info and print off grids. I’m sure you would be able to link it to google docs like Brad does with his bets

1 Like

@bluelionman I still think your best bet for the Superbowl Squares would be using a spreadsheet hosted on Google Docs - you can basically turn that into a big custom grid and everyone can access it.

1 Like

Told him that but he only listens to you for IT advice!!

:smile:

@bluelionman if you call me this evening (8pm onwards) I can listen… and probably still suggest you do it as a Google Doc :smile: But I can maybe set it up for you so you just need to fill it in once it’s setup.

1 Like

Thanks Jon/Noel.

I am also up for both games, the Steelers v Bengals game is just too big to miss and I am invested in the Steelers so extra spice.

Jon, 8pm at Waterloo is a little late for group food so I suggest you feed yourself on the way fella.

Noel, other than you and Jon I’m not getting much feed back on food pre game. I suggest you also grab a munch on the go dude.

I think a meal before the Superbowl is a good idea so perhaps we can do it then as a bigger group?

Looking forwrd to it guys.

1 Like

Hi guys

Just to say, I won’t be able to make it across to London this weekend, but hope you guys have a good one.

Still hoping to meet up with some of your for the Super Bowl…

1 Like

My “Special Request” to the Hipp to open up the cinematic room this Saturday was denied due to them having a cabaret on in that portion of the building.

So…

Other options are…

a) We go to “The Two Sportsmen” in Piccadilly for the early game and those hard enough make the short walk to the Hipp for the late game. Venue Here Drinks Menu Here

Or

b) We go to the Jet Lag Bar which has confirmed that they are open until 5am Sunday morning and showing both games. Drinks are a little more expensive but they will reserve us a table (free) and house us all night long. Venue Here Dinks Menu Here

My preference is to try the Jet Lag Bar as its a venue I have not tried, we are apparently certain of seats and we need not move until home time…BUT I’m happy to go with the decision made by our small group??

JRT what are your plans for the SB?

Jet Lag bar is tiny and a bit of a walk from anywhere (near my old office, Simon and I tried to go there after the Jags IS game but huge queue outside), not sure I’d really recommend it (but it’s quite nice and chilled on a quiet evening).

Thanks for the extra research Gordon

Happy to go with your plan of the Jetlag. If it is rubbish we can always divert to the Hippodrome for the second game. Looking on the nfluk forum, it seems to be well rated, for example:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=107234

PS - I see while I am typing that Adam has also replied. I’m still happy to go with it. But meeting up with the gang and seeing the games is my only priority, I will go with whatever is decided!

Actually not a huge amount between either venue, but there are lots of other bars and options around Piccadilly (I.e. hippo, Riley’s), whereas the Jet Lag Bar in Fitzrovia is next to Warren Street tube, I.e. not walkable to any other venue and the tube will be shut after midnight too. It’s in quite a quiet area.

If you can get a guaranteed table though and don’t need to move between games the location might not be an issue (not really trying to vote for one or the other :wink: )