Weekly pick 5 comp?

Hi Sean,

Sadly last season there was a guy from NFLUK who created several high stakes NFL fantasy leagues, one of which I nearly joined. Those who did join up and there seems to have been quite a few got burnt so this causes some of us (me clearly) to ask for something other than a FB page. I mean no offence to you at all.

Regards

Gordon

Gordon - I assume the guy has a real Ltd and physical presence in Ireland, so it wouldn’t be that hard to validate his identity. Like you I’m pretty sceptical of any stranger online where money’s involved, but Dean recognises him so that’s a big plus.

(That all said, having Noel hold the money in escrow probably wouldn’t be a bad idea.)

Gordon - I joined one of those leagues (£50), he tried to get me to join another one for £250 but I didn’t because I didn’t like the Yahoo format. Fortunately I was poor in the league I joined and didn’t ‘cash’ I would have been livid not to get paid out.

2 Likes

Hi Adam,

Exactly, Sean may be the best guy in Ireland. I was just hoping he would offer up a registered business name or address in the absence of an internet presence. Either way it does not matter if Sean and Noel are willing for 1st year funds to be held by Noel.

Regards

no offence taken gordon, i undrstand its a hard sell, i tried this at the begining of the season on the betfair form, but didnt get enough enquires, albeit the mods took the post down early… i do however run golf leagues in the shop here, they can be great fun for the season, not to mention the bragging rights… so hopefully we canget this up and running…

Yes, if Noel agrees it will be great fun! Any idea how many we have at this point?

i rekon about 10 lads this side, now that said i wasnt going to push anyone into paying straight away as these are all my costumers and id pickit up in the coming weeks, but if an independent is collecting the monies im sure the numbers might drop,

Would you be willing to declare all selections prior to the weeks kick offs?

im not sure what u mean gordon??

This is a point/concern raised by others on this forum and in regards to a similar game. Each week players will send you their weekly 5 selections. In the interest of fairness would you post all those picks to all players after final submissions and prior to weekly kick off? This is in contrast to playing v players who run away with the competition and us never knowing what their selections are/were.

Regards

oh ya, with runyourpool.com u get a log in number, so when the deadline passes we can all log in and see whos picked what, obviously at that point u cannot change it,

ok that sounds cool, thanks for the clarification…

1 Like

runyourpool sounds great - I wish Spreadex had run that system. I’m guessing their comp is done by a guy by hand, there has been a few teething troubles and some pics not declared prior to games which raises suspicions, I’m 99% sure no skulduggery, but when we’re playing for a £26,000 pot it’s needs to be very transparent.

hmm, hopefully thats just “teething” issues fella, especially as your doing well there…

RYP does sound good

1 Like

I feel kind of tingly to be so trusted but I was a stranger to you all at first online sometime - everyone has to start somewhere I guess either I come across well in type or I was just there for most of you before sharks made you more wary. As for the guy referred to as not paying out he was in some of my games - just as a player and cashed in my Ashes game and I did pay him out (via Pay Pal). He said in communication with me he had contacted everyone and agreed payment plans but as the ones burnt have never posted to say they have been weighed in can not know if this is true. I deleted him from my contact list and he was kind of put out actually by me saying I would not be inviting him to further games of mine as it could cost me other players and reflect badly on me to allow someone who there is a black cloud over to participate in money games of mine knowing that they have not paid out winners in money games they have run. I know there was some disquiet from others about having him involved in things after burning peeps so I felt uneasy about him myself tbh. I was surprised he felt that having never taken me and paid his entry fee’s in my games that I should do this and that the 2 could be separated… really the NFL family this side of the pond is a community and I like it that way. Dean really pushed hard year one to try and get him in our live draft money league - think he had the most contact with him over social media tbh. Kind of glad he didn’t join us now all this has come to light and quiet possibly it affected my second new expansion live draft big stakes money league I attempted to get off the ground this season and which fell flat. Reasoning being once rumours surfaced and spread about people being taken by this fellow on NFL UK makes every one else far less likely to try games for money with strangers online.

Any way folks let me know what the consensus is and if, when, why, what, and how this happens. If you cant get the numbers then there is always next season Sean and a chance for you to become more known to people and allay there fears. Being an NFL fan you go to any games in London?
As others said a bunch of us do meet up now and again - some of us plan to meet in London for Thanks Giving games, we have a live draft get together prior to season start for a money league and I hope I can talk many of these TFP fellows to meet up after the Lions/Chiefs IS game on 1 November.

1 Like

I’m guessing this isn’t getting off the ground this season? Shame it would have been fun. Perhaps we can get organised for 2016, its a good way to bet the games.

Noels right about that guy who fleeced fellow players. He seemed very knowledgeable and passionate about NFL particularly fantasy NFL. I’ve e-mailed the guy who didn’t get paid to see if this has since been resolved.

1 Like

hi dean and gang, as i kinda thought we just cannot get this off the ground, i get a tonne of promises but when it comes to crunch time lads dont return emails texts etc etc, its such a pity … i love a punt on the nfl the same as the next guy and often spend more than i should, this is a great way to have your interest every sunday without dipping into your hard earned each week, i understand the trust factor comes into it too, and thats a big hurdle to jump, either way thanks for accepting me into thus forum, i like it already, sean

1 Like

Don’t worry Sean, we’ll find lots of other ways to invest during NFL during the season. Keep In Touch and make sure you play the official Spreadex game next season. I’m sure there will be an opening in one of Noel’s Games (BlueLionMan) for you too.

On The Spreadex thread let us know week to week who you would have chosen so we can see how good you are :grinning:

1 Like

If you like being a punter rather than the book in some things especially NFL I run loads of stuff over the course of the year and NFL is by far my favourite sport - I do a few games that are just on the post season (play-offs) if you fancy seeing details and want to go on my contact list Sean (Lets_Bet) just PM me your name (first and last) with e-mail address and I’ll add you to my contacts. Your get info on all other games I do to and some here will tell you fantasy sports games is one of my favourite past times so if there’s a game on a sport I like then more than likely I do a money league on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like