Week 1 NFL bets

I like a couple of the Unders in some defensive looking games - I’ve had a double on Browns v Jets under 39.5 and Seahawks v Rams under 41.0.
For a bit of fun on the opening night I’ve had a fiver on DeAngelo Williams to get the first TD of the new season…
:football: :moneybag:

Put my weekly predict all the games bet on, 10 on a 16 team acca for 380000 haha! Also gone for the steelers to win the Super Bowl and the panthers, chiefs, cowboys and steelers to win their divisions in a 4 fold

Hope your right about Deangelo Jon :wink:

Jon - remember Fred gives x2 odds if you man scores again during the game.

George - Make sure your bookie doesn’t have a £250k cap on these type of bets (some are £100k on NFL). I’d hate for you to ‘lose’ out on one hundred and thirty thousand pounds. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here’s my bet for week 1, a five game accumulator. I realise accumulators are a bit silly, so I’ll probably lose. Also tried to copy George and predict all the games, but only got as far as 13 (who the fuck knows who’ll win that Titans @ Bucs game!).

Might stick a few season long bets on - Texans to make the play-offs! But generally I don’t have the attention span to wait the whole season.

Will probably also stick some single game bets on the Texans, Cowboys, Dolphins… Chiefs @ Texans is a tough one though.

Good call Dean, I am very old fashioned with just a Ladbrokes and aCorals account, maybe I need to open a couple more (that could be dangerous though!)

Am going to put my bet of the week on twitter, but a sneak preview while I’m on here: I’m going a bit against the grain and picking Falcons, Jags, Redskins (3 doubles and a treble).

And, I’m not going to back it myself, but I wouldn’t put anyone off backing the Steelers in the opener (they’re about 5/2 - you’ll see a lot worse 5/2 shots this season)

1 Like

Yep, I think the Steelers really have a solid chance against the Pats, much better than the odds suggest.

If you want to go with the underdogs this week, I’d go Steelers, Lions, Ravens, Giants. I can see the Cowboys and Broncos potentially messing up (plus the Ravens are solid), and I think the Chargers are a bit overrated.

Not sure about Jon’s Jags & Redskins bet, I can’t see either of those teams having a snowball’s chance in hell. But, any given Sunday…

No worries.

For acca’s try BetVictor (better odds).
SkyBet & Paddy Power have good bonus’s and freebies.

Here’s my week 1 selections, few surprises in there, but gone with my gut

Would love to see the Pats lose to the steelers…

Key will be how the Pats O line holds up, they have just lost another O line member in Stork

My banker season tip is Bears and Redskins to have under 6.5wins each double. Pays out just over 2/1 on Paddy Power. Get lumping :smile:

Works for me - in my season preview I have tipped them for 2 and 3 wins respectively :fearful:

http://www.kcchiefsuk.co.uk/#!2015-Previews-and-Predictions-NFC/cnhq/55eab5190cf24e84f761e5d2

1 Like

If 1 team lets you down on a 5 fold accumlutor on paddy power, you get your stake back as a free bet for next week. I have £20 on Packers, Dolphins, Seahawks, Broncos and Vikings for £160. Think that’s solid enough with the insurance.

1 Like

Think you may have a shot there fella

1 Like

I’ll be scouring the books for any anomalies later today, however I think I may have found a decent long shot already.
I’ve played JAMES JONES @ 25-1 (ladbrokes) for a first TD score in the Green Bay game. Could be a mug punt but he was a TD machine a few years back and the Packers main WR is out and Randall Cobb seems banged up according to some sites.
Aaron Rodgers could make a statement here by getting the ball to Jones in the End Zone

Need to find the best odds on Redskins making the play-off :wink:

For this weekend I’ve gone with an accumulator on the following 5 games:
Oakland (at home to Bengals)
Saints (away to Cards)
Skins (at home to Dolphins)
Chiefs (away to Texans)
Packers (away to Bears)

Is it Sunday yet?

Nice call on James Jones, Dean. I was putting together a little fun 1st TD bet and have included him:
Jones, GB, 25/1
DeAnthony Thomas, KC, 20/1
Denard Robinson, JAX, 18/1
Ben Watson, NO 33/1

25/1 is nice. Last year PP were doubling the odds on a 1st td scorer if they scored a second, can’t see it on there this year tho :frowning:
I woke up one morning to £400 after taking Latavius Murray to score 1st at 20/1 against the Chiefs. Best punt of my life, had to get that in lol

So Betfred is doing a Double odds/treble odds offer for 1st td scorer if they get a second or third td in the game. Jones is 16/1 in this case. Still this has big potential, what odds was Gronk the other night?

You lot are mad doing large multi team acca’s. I feel like I’m being adventurous if I do more than 3