War Room Challenge

If I type @TheOnlySimon in a message you should get an email notification about it. (Plus any email notifications to threads you started.)

Does this work? @neonadam @CitrusPlayer @bluelionman

yep

Also, why does my post have to be at least 20ish characters?

P.S. I turned on notifications so I dunno if I got an email notification cos of that or cos u tagged me (since I got your last post too which I wasn’t tagged in)

20 characters is just to prevent spambots. It might not be necessarily, I can always edit it.

There are a few criteria which will send you email notifications (you can check in your Preferences page). Replies to topics you created, where you’ve been quoted, where you’ve been mentioned with @, etc. But if you’re actively browsing the site when some of these things happen you won’t get an email.

I’m gonna start hunting u guys down on facebook cos I’ve started using that more lately. Gimme a shout if you’re on there to make my life easier or send me a friend request (Simon Liu)

Simon, glad to have you on board for the draft.

You wont find me there dude but good luck with your search ; )

I’m on FB… am on there daily actually - run several groups - movie reviews, poker league etc. Search me out if you want.

I’m in! Let me know more details as they come! would happily try to meet up with anyone if there was a bar or something showing the draft too, would be cool

Cool beans, good to have you on board George

Yeah if anyone’s heading into London to watch I’m up for that

Hmm is @NFLevents organising anything for the NFL Draft this year?

Guys,

I’m not aware of anything happening in London but on the week of the draft my house in Reading is a wife free zone. I would happily host the night. All those in our league and those who are not but have so far hinted at playing in my War Room Challenge are welcome. Anders is joining me for the draft but the more the merrier.

I might be up for that, think ill be in London around then so its just one train to Reading and they seem to run all night back into London as well, how far from the train station are you? and do you guys not have work on Friday? haha

Hi Fella,

Anders usually has Friday’s off work and I am on annual leave, I will be arriving back from Turkey on the 29th so I just extended the time off to include the draft… so no we wont be working on the Friday : )

The only night that trains don’t run all night between Reading and Paddington is a Saturday night/Sunday morning which is sadly why the Saturday night playoffs in January did not work as well as other nights tend to for me personally.

We are 17 mins walk from the station (I often walk it) or 5 mins in the car.

Would be good to see you.

Oh, we would either meet people at the station or at a nearby bar/restaurant. As for trains back into London, yes they go all night however there is also the option of just crashing at mine till morning. Since Anders has been booked in for a while I will give him first refusal on the spare room/bed. For others there is a choice of our new blow up bed, a large and small sofa. If people do stay sleeping bags or similar would be a good idea.

Regards

Some good news spoke with the wife who kindly said yes I can go!!

Please save me a space gordon!.,

Great news buddy, what about your eldest son who I think is also playing?

I’m up for this, better then watching on my own and falling asleep half way through haha. Should be in London around that time, so will just get the train to Reading, keep me posted on what we’re doing, you got my number right?

I’m in too, will just drive over Thursday evening depending on our plans. Don’t worry about saving a bed/sofa for me as worst case I can just go to my brother’s place in Farnborough.

Brilliant, George and Simon!

Will be good to catch up.

Remember we are also playing the online WRC game so please can you bring your own devices “BYOD”, whether that be a phone, tablet or laptop. We have all the bandwidth required ; )

For those sleeping over, we have a spare bed (Anders), a small double blow up bed and a large and a small sofa, sleeping bags are suggested.

That’s 5, any more? No problem.