This weekend

Just wanted to wish you all a really lovely bank holiday weekend.

I cannot tell you how much I’m looking forward to Sunday and to see all of your ugly faces again :smile:

I have no doubt that our draft on Sunday will be even better than last year (epic comes to mind). Take care of yourselves and make sure you’re rested because it is going to be an exhausting draft when Tebow and Brady go in the first round :flushed:

Enjoy the pre-season games - as Jon has already said, there will be a lot to learn from them (including injuries).

4 Likes

ditto, well said fella

Really looking forward to meeting up - safe journey everyone.

Right, obviously I’m a bit late to the party - was planning to be drafting for a PPR IDP league on the saturday after all!

Can you veterans answer a few questions for me:

1. Is the plan still to start the draft at 1pm?

2. Is bringing laptops cool?

3. Do they have WiFi?

4. What’s the purpose of the ‘divisions’? Do they serve any actual point? Do the division winners automatically make the playoffs?

5. What time are most people planning to get there?

6. Are people going to eat before the draft?

7. What time’s the curry?

Thanks in advance!

A request to Noel (and the rest of the guys drafting on Sunday).

Really loved the divisional ‘draw’ when you filmed yourself earlier this month (in the Auction draft) Can I suggest we do a similar thing this weekend AFTER the main draft, rather than simply choose and envelope as 2014.
This way we can root for our teams to be in a different division to anyone who has smashed the draft (& Chris, Sean etc.). It would be good to see if we’re drawn against any previous rivalries - personally I’d like to the opportunity to defeat George this season, so I’d relish the chance to be drawn in his division.

3 Likes

I like the sound of that Dean!

jrt55555,

1. Yes it starts at 1 pm.

2. Absolutely, bring any device you want

3. I don’t believe they had Wi-Fi or at least any good Wi-Fi the last time we were there.

4. All four division winners qualify for the play-off and then the next best four teams … could be 1, 2 & 3 of one division.

5. I can only speak for myself and I’ll be there shortly after 11. Like to meet up and have a drink + talk with the early birds.

6. I’ll be eating before, during and after the draft.

7. I would guess about an hour after we’re done with the draft … just a rough estimate.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Thanks mate - all sounds great, cheers!

^^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am also planning to be there just after 11 for scoff, banter and tension…

Welcome to JRT, our new member, good luck fella and look forward to meeting you. I hope you have a good sense for trade rape. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can’t wait for this! I should be there about 12.
The debrief and dissection of the draft over a curry is going to be a brilliant new feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeh, I think divs over dinner is a cool idea.

1 Like

All packed & ready to travel South - see you all soon, I echo the sentiments above, welcome to JRT, hope you enjoy the game as much as we all did in 2014

Well that’s it I can’t do any more all my prep is complete all the players I like injured.
I’m massively looking forward to meeting up with all the other fantasy coaches again as it was a complete blast for the whole season last year.
Looking forward to the draft especially pick sixteen I know it’s mine.
See you all soon keep safe and see you a little after 11am Sunday morning.

1 Like

After last years epic 3 hour m25 journey I’m going to leave soon see you there at 11

1 Like

Me too - not going to let the M25 stress me out this time

About to set off myself so should be there around 11.45