The Scottish Open DK golf competition

Well, my first DK golf tournament was interesting… a few thoughts for anyone else who might be thinking of joining these events in the future:

1. I won! Which is great for me personally, but should also reassure people that everyone has a chance in these things. I am certainly not the golf expert in this group. With a couple of good (or lucky) picks, anyone could get a decent score.

2. Research pays. Although I was lucky, what I didn’t do was pick six random golfers… last Tuesday and Wednesday, I read a couple of draft kings previews, as well as a couple of more general previews of the event, and I also read through the odds to get the bookies view. This gave me a shortlist of about 15 players who were in form or who had done well at this course in the past, which I boiled down to my final 6. Two or three hours well spent!

3. You can be as involved as you like… once you have picked your six golfers, you could if you want switch off draft kings and check back 4 days later to see what the score was - there are no line up changes or the like during the event so you don’t need to commit any time. On the flip side, I enjoyed tracking the scores - the nature of the game is such that one birdie or bogey at a crucial stage can shuffle the scores…and being able to chat to a few opponents on Whatsapp made the whole thing even more interesting.

4. I’m not a golf nut, but the game was well structured and the website was really easy to use - so once NFL and soccer games start to get underway, this will get even more fun !!

Thanks for your money guys :laughing: :moneybag:

5 Likes

Great description Jon and very well played!! I honestly believe that generally the UK does not know whats here already, given some time DK and the like could be huge. :grinning: