TFP / BLM - NFL 1 & Done! - 2021/22 (£20 entry fee)

Hey all,

Yep - a new in-house NFL game. This is the fantasy game I wanted to have on TFP years ago but alas I don’t have the computer skills to make a fantasy football website so alas cannot have a nice shiny product that makes it easier for you to enter and from my point of view a programme that does all the scoring and most of the leg work so it remained a pipe dream.

I still don’t have the computer skills to make up a fantasy games website but using Google Sheets and the TFP forum am goanna run this whole game manually - doing all the scoring and entry updating myself. This is totally my own idea for an NFL game and wanted something for TFP I’ve not seen anywhere else out there. So, this is it.

Firstly, I like a game that covers the whole season so this game will from NFL Week 1 up to and including the Super Bowl.

You pick a new team every week that consists of one each of following positions:

HC
QB
RB
WR
TE
K
DEF

There is no budget - that’s right pick studs or unknowns it’s totally your decision.

You can find a list of Head Coaches, Players and Team Defence’s here:

NFL PLAYERS LIST 2021/22

(Just ignore the values as this is a player list I update annually and use for another game of mine that does use values - though you could use the values listed as a rough guide as to who the premium players are.)

Now the catch with this game is, as the games title alludes to (1 & Done!), you can only ever select any player, team defence or head coach once. Yes, you read that correctly, only one time over 22 game weeks. Furthermore, just to make it even harder and to offer up strategy the post season weeks are worth more points the deeper you go.

Wild Card x2
Divisional x3
Championship x4
Super Bowl x5

Having these extra bonus points at the back end of the season makes for some very tough decisions - do you use the studs early and get points on the board, but then only have backups and 2nd, 3rd or 4th stringers to pick from come the post season - or what if you swerved studs to use later and they get injured or the teams you thought would make post season don’t. This is a mine field that not only you have to navigate, but so does everyone else - it’s your judgement trying to identify who will score you big points each week and which teams will make a deep run, in post season. So many variables and here is another - due to having to manually do all the scoring and team updates myself I am restricting this game to one entry per person. No multi-teamers I’m afraid. It’s one entry only per person.

You must post your entry on this thread each week before first game of week starts - I would love to allow changes with deadlines the start of each individual games start but alas it would just be to much work - that’s why I wish I had the skills to make a fantasy games website to attach to TFP where players could lock at their individual game times but alas I just don’t have those skills. So, what I offer is the chance to select a reserve for the individual skill player positions - QB, RB, WR, TE and K. Cut and paste this template into a reply each week remebering to fill in your selections and not select anyone you’ve already used. What would really help you to know who you have used is have a cheat sheet (like used for drafting) and cross off players you have used as the season goes along.

HC -
QB -
RB -
WR
TE -
K -
DEF -

Reserves

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE -
K -

You do not get a HC or team DEF reserve but you do for each individual skill position player. Your reserve will only be used if your original pick does not play - also your reserves only count as having been used if subbed into your starting team to replace an inactive/out player. Meaning you can pick them again in the future if they have not been subbed into your starting line-up. Likewise, the player replaced will no longer count as used - so you get a do over with them.

Rules Clarification - If you do select a Player/Head Coach/Defence for a second (or third) time etc., then you will score zero points for those extra times you selected them - YOU WILL NOT GET AN AUTO SWAP IN OF YOUR RESERVE PLAYER. This is because in practice sometimes this extra use is not picked up right away by me and if discovered much later on, then you could of already used the reserve you had selected for that week. It opens up a nightmare admin wise and after all it’s each entrants own responsibility to check they are selecting valid teams each week (so keep a record of who you have picked previously). So the rule will be if you select any Head Coach/Player/Defence more than once you will score zero points for the extra times you selected them. If this is only picked up later or in an audit conducted at the end of the season then the points will be deducted for the extra useages when discovered.

I will confirm prizes after I know how many entries I get, but in honour of my favourite home team player when I first got into American Football (Barry Sanders) the entry fee will be £20 - as 20 was his jersey number for the Lions.

If I get 10 entries or less, it will be Winner Takes All, 11+ entries it will be 1st & 2nd.

So, I’ve built it - as best I can - now I need some players to come take part.

best regards,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

SCORING

PS As this is a TFP forum game and entries must be posted on this thread entries will not have team names but use yout TFP Forum Username.

Weekly entries and scores will be recorded here:

TFP / BLM - NFL 1 & Done! - 2021/22 - Entered Teams

A Standings Table (updated weekly) can be viewed here:

TFP - 1 & Done - 2021/22 - Standings Table

NFL Week 1 Entries

1. Do not edit your post as it will invalidate it.
  2. Copy this template and post with your picks / reserves before first game of the week.

HC -
QB -
RB -
WR
TE -
K -
DEF -

Reserves

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE -
K -

NFL Week 1

HC - Raheem Morris (ATL)
QB - Matt Ryan (ATL)
RB - Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
WR - Sterling Shepard (NYG)
TE - Kyle Pitts (ATL)
K - Younghoe Koo (ATL)
DEF - Los Angeles RAMS

Reserves

QB - Trevor Lawrence (JAX)
RB - Travis Etienne (JAX)
WR - Marvin Jones (JAX)
TE - Tyler Higbee (LAR)
K - Rodrigo Blankenship (IND)

HC - Sean McVay LAR
QB -Matthew Stafford LAR
RB -Darrell Henderson LAR
WR- Justin Jeffery MIN
TE -Darren Waller LAV
K -Y, Koo ATL
DEF -LA Rams

Reserves

QB -Trevor Lawrence JAX
RB -Mark Ingram HOU
WR -Cee Dee Lamb DAL
TE -Kyle Rudolph NYG
K -Chris Boswell PIT

I HOPE I’VE DONE THIS CORRECT

1 Like

sean mcdermott
joe burrow
tyson williams - ravens
dj moore
jonnu smith
santoso
panthers

reserves.
QB -Trevor Lawrence JAX
RB -Mark Ingram HOU
WR -Cee Dee Lamb DAL
TE -Kyle Rudolph NYG
K -Chris Boswell PIT

I take it you meant Justin Jefferson… as I can’t see no Justin Jeffery.

As there were only 3 entries in this inagural season it will be ‘Winner Takes All’:

2021 PRIZE - (3 teams)

Winner - £60

NFL Week 2 Entries

2. Copy this template and post with your picks / reserves before first game of the week.

HC -
QB -
RB -
WR
TE -
K -
DEF -

Reserves

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE -
K -

Yup thats correct, im blaming autocorrect :roll_eyes:

1 Like

NFL Week 2 (entry)

HC Vic Fangio DEN
QB Taylor Heinicke WAS
RB Ty’Son Williams BAL
WR Jarvis Landry CLE
TE Cole Kmet CHI
K Ryan Santoso CAR
DEF Miami DOLPHINS MIA

Reserves

QB Trevor Lawrence JAX
RB Jamaal Williams DET
WR Marvin Jones JAX
TE Jonnu Smith NE
K Aldrick Rosas NO

Week 2
HC- Bill Belicheck NE
QB- Baker Mayfield CLE
RB- Latavius Murray BAL
WR- Calvin Ridley ATL
TE Tyler Higbee LAR
K Mayt Gay LAR

RESERVES
QB-Trevor Lawrence JAX
RB -Mark Ingram HOU
WR -Cee Dee Lamb DAL
TE -Kyle Rudolph NYG
K -Chris Boswell PIT

1 Like

Bill belchink
Ben rothlisberger
Latavius Murray
Donatie johnson
Cole kmet
Chris boswell
Pittsburgh steeler

1 Like

NFL Week 3 Entries

HC -
QB -
RB -
WR
TE -
K -
DEF -

Reserves

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE -
K -

[quote=“bluelionman, post:13, topic:1995”]
HC - MAtt Rhule
QB - Sam Darnold
RB - Christin Mccafrey
WR Dk Metcalf
TE - Jared Cook
K - Zane Gonzalez
DEF - Carolina

Reserves

QB - |QB|Trevor Lawrence|JAX|
| — | — | — |
|RB|Jamaal Williams|DET|
|WR|Marvin Jones|JAX|
|TE|Jonnu Smith|NE|
|K|Aldrick Rosas|NO|

HC – Kevin Stefanski (Cle)
QB – Jalen Hurts (Phi)
RB – Carlos Hyde (Jax)
WR- Keenan Allen (LAC)
TE – Mike Gesicki (Mia)
K – Graham Gano (NYG)
DEF - Cleveland

RESERVES

QB-Trevor Lawrence JAX
RB -Mark Ingram HOU
WR -Cee Dee Lamb DAL
TE -Kyle Rudolph NYG
K -Chris Boswell PIT

NFL Week 3 (entry)

HC Kevin Stefanski CLE
QB Teddy Bridgewater DEN
RB Melvin Gordon DEN
WR Tim Patrick DEN
TE Noah Fant DEN
K Graham Gano NYG
DEF Denver BRONCOS DEN
Reserves
QB Jared Goff DET
RB Damien Harris NE
WR Courtland Sutton DEN
TE Evan Engram NYG
K Brandon McManus DEN

Can a change carolina to denver sorry. Already used them

@gazj885 As I seen in time yes. Check ya teams used previosly on my spread sheet. Your Reserve TE is invalid to as you used that TE in Week 1 but wont affect you if ya 1st choice plays. Just before posting your team here have a quick look at ya past entries make sure you not selected them. :sunglasses:

NFL Week 4 Entries

HC -
QB -
RB -
WR
TE -
K -
DEF -

Reserves

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE -