TFP AUCTION DRAFT - (Year 5) £50 Money League (2019)

Think my invite has just been lost somehow :sweat_smile:

Will drop Noel a text to check.

Yeah I’m here now - league must be filled 30mins prior to drafting so join now ASAP - I will reduce league size if I not found the final players by 22:25.

I just invited you direct from the league Matt didn’t realise you wasn’t in already.

I’m in :grin:

2 Likes

Shit there’s a Nick in the league that has not said he’s playing this year - Red Kites. So if I boot him we need another to step in to make 10.

Hey all Sean stepped in so Draft room is open and drafting on time at 11pm (17mins)

Hey all - I am really not happy with NFL.com regards how our TFP Auction draft descended into farce. I accept losing by my own hand, lack of knowledge and bad picks but not a system failure that affected many of us in the later rounds of our eve of season draft - I was auto picked players on IR and other players nominated that I’ve never heard of - as were other players that were timed out due to the system showing it was not their turn (lagging) when in actual fact it was - so timing them out and making them be on auto draft, thus then bidding for them on players they had no interest in and or nominating players for them! To be frank it was a serious system failure that has become all to common on the NFL.com platform.

I like all my leagues in one place so unless NFL.com spend some money and get better and improve their system (for goodness sake they are the NFL surely they can make sure their servers and game is adequate) I will have no choice but to move all my leagues to a new platform for 2020.

However I digress - that argument is for another time. I know many people stayed up late and put 3hrs plus into drafting and don’t want it to be for nothing. I get that but also know when paying £50 in a money league people want to lose or win by their own hand and not random luck out of there control so don’t think it’s fair as stands. I was so incensed I tried to get Thursday off work but my employer wouldn’t let me at such short notice but they did agree to give me today off unpaid so I am already losing £60+ for a days wages so I could try and sort this but alas its taken so long getting replies from NFL.com and they just not been understanding what I was telling them or asking of them.

I have been in discussions with NFL.com fantasy peeps (by e-mail) and they are not very helpful so spent hours myself in the FAQ’s etc. and league manager tools and settings area itself to see what is possible.

I think the fairest thing to do would be to redo the Auction draft but only the second half where the client went tits up. The only way I can see of doing this is I take multiple screenshots of the current results pages and then reset the league. I then re-enter all the early round picks and prices as keepers and also manually make the nomination order the same as it randomly was on the night. I then set a new draft date and time - Saturday night at 11pm I would say is good to finish it off hoping all can make it. I know it’s short notice but want our league to include NFL week 1.

The only thing I am unsure of is if the system will let me as a commissioner select the league to start from week 1 now and in effect backdate scores. I am waiting for NFL.com to get back to me on this. I will also screen shot all starting rosters from last night and manually put back in starting Bears and Packers players that people had in their lineups for last night - as I would assume they were high end players and drafted in the unaffected part of the draft so will belong to the same teams that have them now.

If it is impossible for the system to allow me to start from week 1 doing this then I feel we should look for an alternative platform that will allow this (suggestions welcome) or if not start week 2 but using an alternative platform.

If this is not acceptable to all then I feel best course of action would be to make this a free league this year and we play for fun / cudos and I refund all the entry fees as I don’t feel right letting this go - it leaves a bad taste and really don’t want griping all season and it’s only natural that would be the case.

• Redo second half of draft (and start Week 1 still if system allows but if not start from NFL Week 2).
  • Refund and playout season as a free league
  • Continue as is (for full £50 entry fees).
  • Continue as is (but refund half of entry fee and adjust prizes down accordingly).

0 voters

I thought everyone was happy now where is the play on as is option?

I dunno why you thought that - I’m certainly not happy and come end of draft sure other people really weren’t happy either - maybe you didn’t get affected I don’t know - I got suggestions about reducing entry fee or redoing end of draft from where it went awry (think David was first to get stuck with a selection he neither nominated or bid on). I know I wasn’t happy my last 10 picks frigging system lagged for me so bad that when it said with sound your on the clock it didn’t show me it was my turn nor let me pick any one till it was passed and had nominated for me. Being shite players no one else bid on them that I was stuck with them. Yet others that could pick got decent players for same price. Someone suggested looking into redoing end of draft from where problems ensued and thought that was a decent shout if time can be sorted when all can be there live. But if not unlike a snake draft where you get a player based on a default rank list if you can’t do ya own nominating and bidding it’s a much more worse outcome not just that but exponentially better for your rivals who were able to either fill up their rosters before problems ensued or those unaffected late on who were able to land decent players for cheap as others couldn’t see them put up intime to bid on them. It makes a mockery of the competition which is bad enough but when monies involved and not small amounts does not sit well with me especially as I’m the commissioner it falls on me to make sure all our happy and things is okay - which they were not Thursday night.

I thought that as that was what everyone affected said at the end of the draft. No ideal but everyone was happy to live with it. At least put it as an option and at least 6 said they were happy. And then you’ll know what the true feeling is. None of those options can work. Free leagues are pointless and we the season has already started so we can’t redraft now. My vote is option C continue as is. But will go with the majority as long as all options are there to vote on

If you want to refund then do half the entry fee so it makes it a £25 league. I get what you are saying as £50 is at the higher end of what most people likely pay for leagues, but like Al wouldn’t want it to become a free league.

Yeah I think redoing things or making it a free league is really messy. I had to log in and out a few times on draft night, but thought it was relatively okay.

Would like to see that 3rd option of leave it as it is and move to a new platform next season?

Saying that, I do STRONGLY feel that if someone really feels screwed over make it a 25 league as a compromise.

Sorry all got called away last night - have redone poll with extra options. Off for some shut eye and off to England match today but hopefully can get a concensesus of what peoples preference is. Will go with the majority so hope all will vote. Please get others to vote so can fully be sure what all wish to happen.

The site is obviously a joke. I think half refund is a decent compromise to please all but I’m happy with whatever is decided to be honest.

Honestly, keep as it is is the least messy option, Ideally a continued draft would be perfect but it is pretty complicated.

I have been feed up with NFL.com for some time it is not just that it is the worst platform, being unreliable on draft day is absolutely unacceptable.
Customer support is a joke, not worth the time.

Pretty similar with Gamepass, has improved but … damm is it bad compared with other plattforms.

NFL has a great product, but really cares little about fan experience.

1 Like

Well only 6 players out of 12 voted which I find strange but will go with the majority % in the poll so we stay as we are. But please I have no recent experience of other platforms wanting all my leagues in one place so those who do have recent experience of other platforms please let me know your thoughts for which one to move to next year. That’s if I run a league as the headaches far outweigh the fun so far.

As we only had 12 teams this season and not the 14 hoped for the prize payouts have to be reduced and will be (once the two outstanding players have paid their entry fee) as follows:

2019 PRIZES - (12 teams)

Winner - £250
Runner Up - £120
Third - £50
Highest Weekly Score (Regular season only Weeks 1-13) - £10 x13
Highest Weeks Score of season (including Play-Offs) - £50

Total - £600

Okay just 1 left still to pay now… :football:

Yay - every ones weighed in.

Better late than never so now I can go and start compiling a list of weekly winners.

From 2020 this will become a PPR League.

Only 3 GM’s voted in 14 weeks but that’s plenty long enough for a poll to be up.