SB 51 @ the Curve - Are you in?

That’s a shame James, would have been a good chance to catch up but I appreciate a honeymoon just about wins out over the Superbowl :laughing::wink:

Congratulations.

Sorry to be in out shake it all about ! Count me as a yes, I have a couple of things in the pipe now should things go sour when I return to work,although my comms bill is taking a hit!, The way the deposit works favours me so I’m good with risking 66 now

That’s sweet music to my ears Shani, Great news! That’s 7. We only need another couple b4 it becomes worthy of opening up to the greater fan base.

Still in talks with Chris, initial talks promising but no firm decision yet

Hi All,

Noel has sadly decided not to join us on the trip to the Curve in February but he has raised some decent questions that I would like to clarify/respond to for all.

1. Noel pointed to a surcharge of £750 per day for “all male groups” which is mentioned on the Curve web site near the bottom of this LINK . This £750 surcharge DOES NOT apply to our group. All costs are fully and clearly explained above. There are ZERO additional accommodation costs.

Accommodation total costs are - £165pp + £100pp damage waiver which shall be returned to each football fan upon no damage. First deposit of £66 is required by August 1st @ 10am by the latest.

Small breakages such as glasses and plates are covered under wear and tear and so do NOT incur ANY charge. This is defined on the web sites FAQ HERE (Q4).

1. The £750 surcharge for “all male groups” does not apply to us because instead we pay the £100pp damage waiver deposit. This is actually the lowest waiver deposit of all group types as per the first link above. When I initially reached out about my interest for the house I went to a broker who advised that there was absolutely NO WAY that an all male group or even mostly male group would be allowed to stay at the Curve. Not happy with his guidance I went direct to the owner and explained our plight and he is now willing to let his venue to us.

2. A long way to go for a SB party. Yes I suppose it is for those in the South however we are looking into car shares to not only cut down the cost for everybody moving North but the journey will hopefully be seen as the start of the party for those who travel together.

In addition to car shares Dean has highlighted some simply amazing virgin train annual deals that could be used from London, Kings Cross. At these prices first class travel looked like a no brainer for those considering the train option.

We have looked at similar types of houses down South but this turned out to be one of kind and has the ALL IMPORTANT PROFESSIONAL QUALITY CINEMATIC STUDIO for 15 guests! Houses in London that came closest did not offer either the studio or the remoteness of the venue which essentially means we can scream blue murder at the big game screen at 4am on Monday morning without giving a hoot about the neighbours!

1. It was raised that having a SB party in a house is sort of anti social. I honestly can’t see this, we at TFP are an extremely outgoing bunch of football fans and we are always looking at ways to expand what is already an amazing US sports based community (here in the UK). Unlike going to a larger event in London where you might meet the occasional person for a drink we are actively offering up the chance for football fans outside of the “The Fan Pub” group to join us for the 24 hour hoopla. This is a great chance to simply meet and get to know more football fans, a chance for all and those who go year one will obviously get first refusal year 2.

2. Noel raised the point that he hopes for the Super Bash event to return this year. I don’t want to upset Noel or anybody else but it was said rather clearly at the time that the cancelling of the Super Bash event at the o2 was indeed not a one year thing, it was stated to be done for good. In addition let’s not forget that it was a ticketed event and although Noel often worked wonders at getting people tickets on the night the concept of waiting that long for a ticket was not ideal for some. The very reason the Curve was found was because currently there is no clear leader in London when it comes to hosting a good SB event. The search for the Curve was born out of watching the SB in venues that were simply getting it wrong!!!

3. The HOT TUB! It was said a hot tub in the winter is just a wasted feature of the house. I can see how that might come across and tbh I’m not really focusing on the tub at all but when I started to think about it the concept grew on me. Many suggest that Hot Tubs are better in the winter and there is nothing quite like fresh air to help the next day recovery mission. Some might really enjoy the ability to get that fresh air Monday morning while sat in the tub.
    Hot Tubs & Winter

4 Likes

Nice one Al, having both you guys there would be awesome. :thumbsup: :relaxed:

All good points fella - did not know or see it myself that Super Bash was canned forever and not just last year - where did you see that officially (as opposed to others speculation)… guess come January will find out if that is in fact the case - personally I felt it was to do with a row between the NFL London offices and Indigo o2 that indigo didn’t want to host this year and left NFL with no time to find a suitable alternative venue but again we will see come the end of this season what and if anything happens.

The curve looks good as a place and yeah great for knowing ya fellow close NFL buddies but I like the idea of a bar and 100’s of fans not just a dozen or so - so that I can make lots more contacts and hopefully put some faces to names of those from TFP, NFLUK and my fantasy games in general. That is why I hope super Bash returns as it was a focal point unlike last year where people fractured off and had to go to wherever they can find places with spaces.

Each to their own and am sure you will have a good time at The Curve as will everyone who joins you there. Thanks for the invite though - much appreciated to have been considered. :football:

As long as we have a space left Noel its yours for the taking.

2 Likes

And I look forward to enjoying your great football squares game on the night (Noel), since you went online with it the game can be played virtually anywhere

As promised here is the email chat with the owner where he advises that the £750 per day “all male group” surcharge is waived in our case because that applies to stag nights and all things like stag nights. He considers our night to be something less chaotic than a bunch of guys going out with the sheer intent of getting legless and having mayhem. He is exactly right.

Hi Andy,

Somebody from our community pointed out that there is (according to your web site) a £750.00 per day surcharge for “all male groups”. This can be found on your web site at this link Holiday Rental Lincolnshire – The Curve – luxury holiday home | Features

It reads: Restrictions: “Male groups incur a £750.00 p/day surcharge and are only permitted at this property with prior arrangement”

This has not been mentioned in our conversation so far, can you please confirm that this surcharge does not apply to our booking so that I can put peoples minds at rest?

Many thanks

Gordon

Curve Enquiries hello@thecurveholidayrental.co.uk
8:51 AM (5 hours ago)

to me, Andy, Louise
Hi Gordon,
Yes it was included in the web info to deter stag parties, I think I did mention it but obviously we have waived this in your case as your booking is as I understand it not a “party” as such and certainly not a stag party……………as regarding our insurance your booking form will list the event as a “Cinema evening for the Super Bowl”………….which after speaking with you, you have assured me will not descend into drunken mayhem!

I think I mentioned we also have exclusively all male 40th Birthdays for example………………we do incur more wear and tear but they are happy to pay the surcharge to have access to the property, I trust that’ all agreeable with your community members,
Best regards,
Andy

My most recent reply to the owner made it clear that we will be drinking to have a good time, not a stupid time and that in our eyes it is a Superbowl party which is nothing like a stag party where a bunch of guys start the night with the sheer intent on getting drunk as much as possible. Its all good. Any further questions?

My buddy Dan will be joining us for the gig. That makes us 8…

Keep em coming peeps :+1:

Gordon don’t know how you’d feel about this or whether it would make a difference at all to anyone considering going but I wonder if we could get access for just a few hours more - like an early check in on Sunday on whether some of us could front end the experience- I.e come Sunday early - if be happy getting there about 4 - plenty of time to settle in - game doesn’t start till late

Personally I’d prefer to do that and drive back say middayish the next day and on that basis can volunteer to drive to facilitate that, not 100% sure can volunteer for whole day basis just yet

Hi Shani,

I agree, earlier would be better but the venue is rented on a 48 hour basis which means those who arrive late on the Friday leave late on the Sunday. On the face of it It’s a bit unlucky for us that the leading weekend is already booked but then again it has actually worked out really well in our favour…

Typically the venue is not leased for one day packages but because it is already booked for the weekend by somebody else they are willing to do so in our case. Not only does this mean more people can attend because its less time away from families etc but the 24 hour rate is about £10pp cheaper. The original estimated check in time was between 7 and 8pm but I have since asked for and got confirmation that 7pm will work. I shall ask the owner for earlier if we get 15 but I suspect they may not be able to manage any earlier due to those checking out and the cleaning on the Sunday afternoon.

Based on us only being able to spend 24 hours in the house I have sorted a further reduction on the price with the reasonable owner reducing it further by another £20pp. The daily rate for a 2 night stay for 22 people is £195pp approx, the daily rate for our 15 people for one night is now £165pp.

Rgds

1 Like

Delighted to say that Mary shall be joining us at the The Curve. Most of you will know her as a regular face & solid 49er fan from our various get togethers that she joins us on. We now have 5 spots remaining…

1 Like

All,

I have updated the above description to correct some information. I previously said that everyone will have their own bed. To be correct and clear with you all I have to mention that there will be 15 people going and 11 bedrooms, each with an en suite and a either superking or king size beds. Additionally some rooms have an additional single bed.

Please be aware that some will have to share rooms with use of either single beds or dividers etc. Mary is currently the only girl going so it goes without saying she should be offered her own room unless another girl joins us. For the rest of us, we may have some who are more than happy to share, if it needs to be settled we shall pull straws or similar on the night on arrival to decide.

Please let me know if this changes anybody’s view?? I just want to be clear with everybody! :thumbsup:

Great News!

Both Al & Chris have decided to join us :grinning:

We now have 3 spaces left, I shall market those spots with the greater NFL community.

Best Regards

I’m happy to lounge in the lounge if everyone else is ok with that?! But obviously would like to have the ability to shower / clean

Thats v kind of you Shani but given that people will want to enjoy the house monday maybe its best we plan to use the bedrooms lol. On the other hand who am i to stop you :grinning:

I don’t mind sharing, or I was recently a student I can sleep anywhere and through anything, so I’m good with whatever.

What’s the plan for food, and more importantly booze? We going bring your own or going to pool money together and sort it that way?