Rams move to L.A. approved

I don’t know how I feel about the franchise model seems so many of the NFL teams we have now never started in the city where they are based now - the only ones I can think of for sure are the Green Bay Packers, maybe the 49’ers - possibly the Bears. Am sure there’s others but bet there’s more that are not based where they were originally started than vice versa, which as an Englishman to me is so weird and incomprehensible.

Stan Kroenke discusses his picture-perfect vision for the L.A. Rams

The Bears were actually previously the Decatur Staleys

Hmm I still think the majority of teams have never moved cities - you’ve made me think now :smiley:

Here’s what I think is the list:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Carolina Panthers
Houston Texans
Pittsburgh Steelers
[New England Patriots] - previously the Boston Patriots, but they’re basically on the Boston outskirts
Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos
[New York Jets] - changed name from the Titans and moved to Jersey, but see above re Pats
[New York Giants] - same as Jets
San Francisco 49ers
Green Bay Packers
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Minnesota Vikings

1 Like

Just over half then, that’s good information but its meaning is pretty poor, sorry dude.

Almost half the teams have moved…its like a game of pass the parcel lol

The Texans on that list is a bit… I mean, they’re a new team that came about as a result of the Houston Oilers moving to Tennessee.

This list is teams that haven’t moved and some of them teams only started in the last 20 years - Texans, Jaguars, Panthers and NEW Cleveland Browns - yet there’s already been talk for a year or 2 of the Jags moving - so sad in it!

@Outsiders68 This is for you #ComingHome

I think the Jags moving stuff is nonsense, Khan has invested a lot of money in Jacksonville. There are plenty of teams that I think are more likely to relocate before the Jags.

Just read an article on this by a Brit that’s worth sharing…

A False Economy: A British Fan’s View of the Rams’ Move to L.A.

I just hope the people of LA get behind their team and stay behind it when winning is not so easy…