Online NFL Fantasy Draft

Welcome aboard

Hi folks, I’ll def sign up for this as well so I’ll keep my eyes peeled cos it’ll fill up quick looks like. And looking forward to Noel’s auction league again which was a cracker last year :football:

3 Likes

Nice one Connor, yeah that was a cracker

1 Like

OK folks, here is the proposal for an on-line league that I would commission. Proposed rules are listed below.

NONE OF THIS IS SET IN STONE !!
If there are things here you don’t like, or things you’re interested in adding, just shout. Once we have got a broad agreement, I will put the final rules into a new thread, with a sign up list.

1. Number of teams : 14
    If we only get 10 or 12 interested I will still run the league, but I am aiming for 14 so everyone plays each other team once and once only in a 13 week regular season (followed by a 6 team playoff weeks 14,15, 16)

2. Cost of entry : £25
    This won’t be high stakes - a fun league but still worth winning. Proposed prizes:
    WINNER: £125
    RUNNER UP : £75
    SEMI FINAL LOSER: £50
    SEMI FINAL LOSER: £50
    …plus I will run a Survivor Pool game on the nfl.com site, just for the 14 of us, with the remaining £50 as a prize for the winner

(if we get under 14 players, I’ll tweak the prizes accordingly)

1. Draft
    …will be online
    …suggest 8 p.m. UK time to let people eat / see families etc
    Best dates for me are:
    AUG 29 AUG 30 AUG 31 SEPT 5 SEPT 6
    Please let me know in this thread which dates you can make, I will work out which date most people can do
    (if several people are desperate to draft earlier, mid way through pre season, I’d rather not but will fit in with the majority!)

2. Team Line up

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 RB or WR flex
1 WR or TE flex
1 K
1 Defence / Special team

• 5 Bench spots for a total of 14 per team
  1. General settings
    NFL default
    i.e. Waiver wire will be reverse order of standings so lowest ranked team gets first pick
    i.e. if two teams are level in the league the tiebreaker will be their head-to-head result

2. Scoring settings
    Can leave it as complete NFL default if people want, but the following is my preferred to keep it interesting. Let me know your thoughts:

RB and WR and TE all normal scoring (i.e 1 point per 10 yards, 6 pts per TD)

QB scoring slightly raised to make the big guys a little more valuable: 1 pt per 20 yards passing (normally it is 25) and 5 pts per passing TD (normally 4)

Kicker
Point after touchdown 2pts
Missed point after touchdown minus 2 pts
Field goals up to 39 yards 3 pts, 40-49 yards 4 pts, 50 yards plus 5 pts

Defense
This may be controversial and I am happy to back down if people don’t like it…
I’m never that keen on defenses starting with 10 points at kickoff and losing points over the course of the game as they concede - it is just unlike all the other fantasy positions. So my suggested scoring is
…do away with the points conceded category altogether…

…but compensate by increasing other categories:
Sacks score 2 pts (normally 1)
Interceptions score 4 pts (normally 2)
Fumble recovered scores 4 pts (normally 2)
(all other categories not mentioned are standard scoring eg safety is 2 pts)

1. Behaviour
    Good behaviour expected!!
    …don’t disappear on the draft evening
    …respond reasonably quickly (24 hrs) to trade offers from other players
    …generally take part to some extent in chats with opponents either here or on other social media

OK, long post, but the floor is open! Send in comments and hopefully we can agree on a league that appeals to all or most of us !

cheers, Jon

I’m happy with any of the 3 August dates as I’m working late on the September dates.

Personally, I would prefer 2 RBs , maybe drop the WR/TE flex slot, happy with the defence and QB changes, but I’ll go with the majority.

Thanks

1 Like

Count me in - can be free those dates for draft although preferably not bank holiday

1 Like

Of those dates I’m only available 29th. Can maybe do September dates if push draft back an hour.

1 Like

Count me in if any spaces available… all dates are ok for me.

No problem with the rules, although I would get rid of kickers (totally random and pointless imo) if I had Goodellesque levels of autonomy!!

2 Likes

All look OK to me. I’ll go with the flow and can make all the dates

1 Like

Yes Jon, I’m easy and will go with whatever the consensus is. All the dates mentioned seem good for me too

1 Like

Looks great to me. Happy to go along with the majority on whatever gets decided for points.

Any three of the August dates would suit me perfectly. September dates will be difficult as I am away on hols! I get back just in time for opening day.

1 Like

I’m good with that

1 Like

OK, after a couple of separate chats, we have a draft date: 8:00 Monday 29 August, the perfect end to the bank holiday weekend! I will put up a thread this weekend with full rules, payment details etc and you can start signing up

The following have already expressed an interest:

Mike2104
TheMalcybarKid
Alan_Feelers
Markdimmock812
Outsiders68
Otleyroad
lmjc
Alan_Zreik
BIG_C
falbravo

…so for the first few days you will all get the first option to sign up, before I open this up to all comers

2 Likes

Perfect!

Well done Jon - some people are going to win and some people are going to learn😜

1 Like

Just seeing this date reminded me fitting in drafts that suit all is so hard and think I did most of my online ones over the BH weekend last year (will check my diary) but now with so many people on TFP singing up to new leagues and already in others I defo see clashes on the horizon. I guess where some clash and people have to choose it will open up spaces for those newbies we do not know of yet (should someone decide they don’t want to auto draft).

1 Like

Just to let you all know, I have created the new league on nfl.com and create a new sign up thread at Fan Pub Fun League

cheers, Jon