ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 - India (CricketXI) - £5 Money Leagues

Hey There,

The ODI World Cup in India has just sort of crept up on me and starts this Thursday (5th October) so have just set up two leagues (one ‘Classic’ and one ‘Head to Head’) using the CricketXI.com game. The first match starts at 09:30am UK time (14:00 local time in India ). As per usual both of my leagues are small stakes ‘Winner Takes All’ £5 money leagues (Classic and Head-to-Head) on the tournament. The whole tournament / fantasy game will be over in about 6 weeks.

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an Open Classic style type league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a Head-to-Head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the Head-to-Head league the top 4 teams make the final knock out rounds (9 - SF / 10 - F) to decide the Champion.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making each league £5 to enter and as I stated before both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’. So, the more entrants the bigger the prize - so please feel free to forward this e-mail on if you think you know anyone else that might like to join in.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues a go. The game starts (Round 1) 09:30am UK time, 5th October 2023 so there’s less than 48 hours to play with your teams’ line-up (there’s a trade amnesty until first game starts) and please spread the word - recruit your friends, acquaintances, work colleagues and please do tell any other cricket fans about my league. I do appreciate anyone’s help I can get to grow the entry pool.

The Head-to-Head league can have a maximum of 16 teams so that is first come first served (but to run it needs a minimum of 4 entrants - so 3 more other than myself). Also, due to bad experiences with some of my recent fantasy money leagues with people joining and not paying or strangers joining (great) but making no attempt to contact me to pay entry fee (bad) I will now delete anyone’s team who has no history with me of partaking in my fantasy money leagues just before the tournament starts if they have not paid. So, if your new or not a regular player of my fantasy money games then the onus is on you to settle up before the game starts.

You can enter from anywhere in the world - those who don’t know the score regards paying me just PM me from here (TFP forum) with your e-mail address saying if your inside UK or outside and I will send full information by return to e-mail address provided on how to pay.

If we end up with an odd number of teams in the Head-to-Head league the site puts one team on a bye each round. This is not ideal as sometimes having byes people play an unequal number of matches depending on the pool size of the league - so hope to fill league and then this becomes a moot point.

Lastly if you have any queries about the game itself or game site then the only way to contact ‘CricketXI’ it seems is via Facebook or Twitter - just search ‘CricketXI’ on either platform and you will see the sites distinctive red and white cricket ball logo.

Now come on - get involved and forward the link to this post (bottom right) on to anyone you think might be up for this and post it on social media to help spread the word. More the merrier!

Kind regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: FFYXDSYJ

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: UKFWDOWX

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 Help

To let people know state of play I will bold and :cricket_bat_and_ball: (cricket bat) you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (11)

SUBCON LIONS | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Barry Can’t Swim | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

World Cup Avengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Iyer We Go | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Saagalicious | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

TheGreatDefenders | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

For Hooda Bell Tolls | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Sharma Shameleons | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Thrashers | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Cricketers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Babar Winning Sheep | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (12)

SUBCON LIONS | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Barry Can’t Swim | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

World Cup Avengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Iyer We Go | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

TheGreatDefenders | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

The Grapes of Herath | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Sharma Shameleons | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

WC Crickets | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Saagalicious | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Thrashers | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Cricketers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Babar Winning Sheep | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Okay teams with no history with me and unpaid for were deleted from both leagues.

Also @Stu Clarke paid for a team but never entered one in time so I need to refund you - please PM me your payment deets.

Prize conformation

I can confirm that we got 11 paid entries in the Classic League and 12 in the Head to Head League making the prize for the winner of each league as follows:

Classic Open - £55
Head to Head - £60

:australia: :cricket_bat_and_ball: So AUSTRALIA are ODI World Cup Champions! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :australia:

Well done to the boys in Yellow from down under - winning in India of all places. :clap: :clap: :clap:

But I am sure of more interest to people reading this is my announcement of who won my ‘Winner Takes All’ fantasy ODI cricket World Cup leagues. I can confirm in this competition we have different winners for my Classic and Head to Head leagues:

CLASSIC

No surprises here - as is becoming almost customary Tom Bryan wins yet another cricket money league of mine and picks up £55 in prize money for taking down the traditional OPEN ‘Classic’ style ODI World Cup 2023 (WTA) league.

HEAD TO HEAD

In the ‘Head to Head’ style ODI World Cup 2023 (WTA) league another familiar name was able to win it all - Mark Pearson - who banks £60 for his efforts.

Now if you enjoyed this game or you missed out but think you would like to take part then I will be doing both style £5 (WTA) money leagues on the Big Bash 2023 tournament which starts Down Under (in Australia) on 7th December. The ‘Big Bash’ is Australia’s domestic T20 tournament.

As soon as I have posted up my game information about this on here (the TFP forum) I will edit this post and include a link here: