NFL SWEEP STAKE (Season Long) 2017/18

Background

For years amongst my work colleagues and friends I have run a sweep stake on the NFL season. However over time my work colleagues have reduced and some years people don’t always fancy it. For this reason I am always looking for new people to have a go.

How It Works

There are 32 teams currently in the NFL so I have 32 envelopes which I seal with 1 different teams name in each.

This year I am selling the envelopes at £10 each (this makes the prize money). As people purchase them they write their names on them - no one opens them until they are all sold. I always put in for the last one left (I don’t pick mine always have the 32nd one) as I love the NFL and a gamble to. When all the envelopes are sold I go back to the people who bought them and get them to open their envelope. However if someone bought one by proxy then with their permission I open their envelope and inform them of who they drew. If people agree all the people’s envelopes I will be opening as a proxy I will record on on a video and upload here on this thread so people can watch it if they so choose. I will also in due course list who got what team.

Prizes

At the end of the regular season

Division Winners = £20 (8 x £20 = £160)

Worst Team = £10

The worst team of the whole season gets £10. This is decided on the W-L-T (Win-Loss-Tied) record of all the teams in the regular season. Should there be more than one team on the same worst W-L-T record then the prize is shared equally by those tying teams.

Then come the end of the season… (after the Super Bowl)

Super Bowl winner = £100
Runner Up (S/B loser) = £50

So if your someone who I do not see in person but you would still like to take part then please reply to post and contact me to discuss ways to pay if you don’t know the current SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). I will then get a friend or work colleague to draw you an envelope at random and put your name on it. When they are all sold I will contact you and open your envelope for you to let you know who you have drawn (or if you agree open yours when I make the proxy opening video and send you a link to where you can watch this). SIMPLE…

So now the only question left to ask is “do you feel lucky…?

Best Regards,

Noel / bluelionman

NFL 2017/18 SEASON LONG SWEEP STAKE

AFC

Teams - Drawer / TFP Username (if member)

• BALTIMORE RAVENS - ANDY DÜENNER / duenni

• BUFFALO BILLS - MARK LEWIS

• CINCINNATI BENGALS - STEELE HARRISON

• CLEVELAND BROWNS - NOEL SYMONDS / bluelionman

• DENVER BRONCOS - ANDY DÜENNER / duenni

• HOUSTON TEXANS - RICKY PEARCE

• INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - STEVE SMITH / stevefringe

• JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - ANDY DÜENNER / duenni

• KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - MIKE ROBERTS

• LOS ANGELES CHARGERS - DAVE KHAN

• MIAMI DOLPHINS - STUART AYLWARD

• NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - JON CARTWRIGHT / JonCartwright

• NEW YORK JETS - PAUL CROUCH

• OAKLAND RAIDERS - ALEX WOODFORD

• PITTSBURGH STEELERS - VIRESH PATEL

• TENNESSEE TITANS - ANDY SMITH / Rick_Spangle

NFC

Teams - Drawer / TFP Username (if member)

• ARIZONA CARDINALS - JAMES HEWLAND
  • ATLANTA FALCONS - NICKY WATTS
  • CAROLINA PANTHERS - MARK PEARSON
  • CHICAGO BEARS - MICHAEL LEWIS / Mike2104
  • DALLAS COWBOYS - JOSH ROBERTS
  • DETROIT LIONS - GARY JOHNSON
  • GREEN BAY PACKERS - GARY JOHNSON
  • LOS ANGLES RAMS - GAVIN ALLDIS
  • MINNESOTA VIKINGS - WAYNE GEARY
  • NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - DREW JOHNSTONE / scrumhalf
  • NEW YORK GIANTS - JAMES FREEMAN
  • PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - DREW JOHNSTONE / scrumhalf
  • SAN FRANCISCO 49’ERS - BARRY JENKINSON
  • SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - SEAN McNAMARA / Lets_Bet & oldbean40
  • TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - BOOTSY McMAHON
  • WASHINGTON REDSKINS- ALAN ROBERTS / Alan_Feelers

I’ve not forgotten guys - just taking a bit longer than usual to twist a few work colleagues arms into taking part - estimate to be making the video opening all the proxy envelope picks this week - so everyone should know their draw(s) in time for the start of NFL Week 3. Thanks for your patience - and maybe I should start trying to sell these come the end of July next year to have them all shifted for the start of the season. :football:

Finally I got there - thanks for your patience (next year I’m starting selling at the start of August).

Here are the videos opening the proxy draw envelopes for those of you I won’t see in person for a long time (or ever) - oh and reason there are two videos is first one stopped recording when my clipboard hit my keyboard:

NFL Sweep Stake (season long) 2017/18 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/hEyazVwPqRY

NFL Sweep Stake (season long) 2017/18 - Part 2
https://youtu.be/h1LgSTL7fMU

Right two weeks 2moro since I uploaded the above videos of the opening of proxy envelopes so anyone who was interested in watching has had plenty of time to do so - so am now gonna list everyone that’s had their sweep stake opened (even if they not been in touch with me to say they have seen the video like I requested).

So finally we are there - every envelope has been opened and here I am earning my nickname ‘lucky’ - what team do I get left with… yep no prizes for guessing - the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Anyone who knows me knows this is not even a surprise… sigh! :unamused:

So it’s come down to me against @scrumhalf ?
I still want the Eagles to win, but the £100 will be a nice consolation if they don’t…

1 Like

As and when Jon. I am perhaps as saddened to see the Chiefs did not go
further.
Good chance I will be in UK ovet next six weeks and I will give a heads up
so we can do dinner.
Cheets Drew

1 Like

Nice to see you pop up Drew - good year for you in my sweep stakes as both your draws won there respective Divisions - so £20 x 2 there and now with 1 in the final another £50 minimum - but if Eagles win it’s a ton - £100.

Nice. :sunglasses: :football:

CASHED

DIVISION WINNERS - £20 each

AFC North - PITTSBURGH STEELERS - VIRESH PATEL
AFC East - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - JON CARTWRIGHT / JonCartwright
AFC South - JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - ANDY DÜENNER / duenni
AFC West - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - MIKE ROBERTS
NFC North - MINNESOTA VIKINGS - WAYNE GEARY
NFC East - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - DREW JOHNSTONE / scrumhalf
NFC South - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - DREW JOHNSTONE / scrumhalf
NFC West - LOS ANGLES RAMS - GAVIN ALLDIS

Super Bowl winner (£100) - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - DREW JOHNSTONE / scrumhalf