NFL SWEEP STAKE (Season Long) 2016/17

Yes it’s that time of year again…

NFL SWEEP STAKE 2016/17

(Season Long)

Background

For years amongst my work colleagues and friends I have run a sweep stake on the NFL season. However over time my work colleagues have reduced and some years people don’t always fancy it. For this reason I am always looking for new people to have a go. The reason you are receiving this e-mail is I know you actually like the NFL (unlike a lot of my mates and work colleagues) or you like a wee punt on things that are pure random luck. So for this reason thought I would take the time to explain how I run this sweep stake in case you would like to take part…

How It Works

There are 32 teams currently in the NFL so I have 32 envelopes which I have sealed with 1 different teams name in each.

This year I am selling the envelopes at £10 each (this makes the prize money). As people purchase them they write their names on them - no one opens them until they are all sold. I always put in for the last one left (I don’t pick mine always have the 32nd one) as I love the NFL and a gamble to. When all the envelopes are sold I go back to the people who bought them and get them to open their envelope. However if someone bought one by proxy then with their permission I open their envelope and inform them of who they drew. If people agree all the people’s envelopes I will be opening as a proxy I will record on cam or get a mate to film me with my phone opening them and load up the video to the internet so people can see it.

Prizes

At the end of the regular season every team who win’s their Division will get £20. (8 x £20 = £160)

Then come the end of the season… (after the Super Bowl)

The person whos team ends up winning the Super Bowl wins £100.
The runner up (losing finalist - the other team in the Super Bowl) wins £50.
The worst team of the whole season gets £10. This is decided on the W-L-T (Win-Loss-Tied) record of all the teams in the regular season. Should there be more than one team on the same worst W-L-T record then the prize is shared equally by those tying teams.

So the only question left to ask is “do you feel lucky…?”

Best Regards,

Noel Symonds (aka bluelionman)

NFL 2016/17 SEASON LONG SWEEP STAKE

AFC

Teams - Drawer

BALTIMORE RAVENS - ALAN ROBERTS
BUFFALO BILLS - WESLEY LANG
CINCINNATI BENGALS - ANDY DUENNER
CLEVELAND BROWNS - RICKY PEARCE
DENVER BRONCOS - IAN CONQUEST
HOUSTON TEXANS - JAMES TAYLOR
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - WILLIAM BRITTAIN
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - DAVID KHAN
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - NICKY WATTS
MIAMI DOLPHINS - FAHID KHAN
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - ANDY DUENNER
NEW YORK JETS - CHRIS PARKES
OAKLAND RAIDERS - TANAYA ROGERS
PITTSBURGH STEELERS - ANDY WATT
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - WAYNE GEARY
TENNESSEE TITANS - DREW JOHNSTONE

NFC

Teams / Drawer

ARIZONA CARDINALS - MIKE ROBERTS
ATLANTA FALCONS - DREW JOHNSTONE
CAROLINA PANTHERS - MIKE LEWIS
CHICAGO BEARS - JON CARTWRIGHT
DALLAS COWBOYS - RYAN DOUSE
DETROIT LIONS - SHAUN MacEACHEN
GREEN BAY PACKERS - MARK PEARSON
LOS ANGLES RAMS - BOOTSY McMAHON
MINNESOTA VIKINGS - DANNY BINGHAM
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - ANDY SMITH
NEW YORK GIANTS - CHRISTOPHER SMITH
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - ANDY DUENNER
SAN FRANCISCO 49’ERS - GOVIND NAYEE
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - STUART AYLWARD
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - RYAN PARKER
WASHINGTON REDSKINS - ALEX WOODFORD

I’ll take one entry for this one Noel. I’ll transfer you a chunk of money in one go once you’ve got your other games up and running (I currently owe you £20 for this plus the pickem.

1 Like

hey Noel,

Emailed and paid you.

I’ll buy one tomorrow Noel

Will get someone at todays live draft to draw you an envelope and when all sold will open on video to let you see who you’ve got.

Thanks,

Noel / bluelionman

Hi Noel, just sent you the money for one

1 Like

Hi Noel, Are there any envelopes left? If so I’ll transfer the money and have one.

I’m sure there are - am a few days behind with my e-mails but plan to catch up tonight. Last night was shattered after work and to top it off my train was cancelled meaning had to wait an extra hour for one to get me home. Any one I don’t see in person plan to get a work mate film me opening all the envelopes for them.

Hi Noel - I know ours busy, but any idea when we will we know what teams we’ve all got in the sweepstake? Thanks

Sorry Chris - am 4 days behind on my e-mails and got locked out my Pay Pal a/c till today - modern tech wouldn’t recognise my security codes - any way just to let you know all good and will get work colleague to select you and all the other proxies one today. Once all sold (am hoping once I catch up with e-mails they are all gone) will make a video of the opening of envelopes for all the people who I don’t see in person. Good Luck.

When there all sold James - am some days behind with my e-mails but hope there all sold when I catch up so I would hazard a guess over weekend but if not 100% in time for week 2’s games - maybe even in time for bulk of Week 1’s games Sunday night. These train strikes are causing me so much traveling time making my admin time far less as need to leave so early get work on time and taking forever get home - having to finish off by bus (thank you Southern trains).

@ryan_douse - Yes mate - still some left. (Sorry for late response - some days behind with my e-mails and going through in chronological order so only just picking up posts from 3 days ago now - as if I don’t go in chronological order I’ll be lost). Hopefully can catch up by weekend. :slight_smile:

Cheers @bluelionman, I have just sent £10 to you via PayPal.

1 Like

Just an update on this peoples - I have 8 sweeps left to sell… 2 work colleagues have said they want 1 each and 1 person emailed a few days ago and said they wanted two 1 for them and 1 for their boyfriend - but no money has hit my Pay Pal a/c as yet from her. Assuming those 4 peeps all come through in the next few days just leaves 4 sweeps to sell. I am confident all will be sold before start of NFL Week 2’s games and will get the opening video done ASAP for all those whom I don’t see in person to open their own envelope(s). Watch this space (thread) for a link to the video sometime next week. :football:

If no one picks these up, let me know Noel and I’ll take another one.

I’ll have one mate. I’ll paypal you the money now

1 Like

I’m sure there go - it’s just about spreading the word. Thanks though. :sunglasses:

I’ll get McBear to draw you one 2moro when he comes over to watch NFL with me. :thumbsup:

UPDATE Had a few people chasing me by e-mail to find out who they got so wish to let everyone know I’m nearly there - down to my last 3 envelopes to shift. Just waiting on work colleagues from different shifts who said they wanted one to come back to me - it’s a question of bumping into them when they is on Over Time… confident I will be making video this week (opening envelopes of those people I don’t see in person). Also it’s a long season so a week in is not to bad I reckon - for sure by bulk of Week 2 games starting all should know who they got. :sunglasses:

Noel / bluelionman

Hi Noel, I’ll take one if there are any left, ta.