Metro Bank One-Day Cup 2024 (CricketXI.com) - £5 Money Leagues

Hey All,

I know this is as last minute as can be but I wasn’t gonna do this game this year as got so much going on and struggling with time but I know 3 of my regulars asked about this since weekend so have had an eve of tournament start change of heart. I know some of you might miss this being so late and if so I am sorry as folk have to join leagues before start - so 11am on 24th July.

As per usual I’ve just set up my 2 leagues - one is an open league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a head-to-head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). Also, in the head-to-head league the top 4 teams will make the finals (and play across the 3 final rounds).

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues ago. Please feel free to pass this information on to any one you think might like to join in with us, more the merrier.

The game starts (Round 1) 11:00am (UK time), 24th July (so this coming Wednesday). The head-to-head league requires a minimum of 4 entrants (so 3 more other than myself) to run. Also, if we end up an odd number of teams in the Head-to-Head league the site will put one team each round on a bye.

Usual methods for entry payment - if you don’t know what they are (because your new) or have forgotten just PM me from here (the TFP forum) and I will respond with the low down. Also if you have funds on account with me just tell me to use those.

Finally, I must point out due in the past to new players joining my CricketXI fantasy money leagues and then not making contact with me nor making any attempt to pay the internal entry fees I now have to be stricter. Any teams from new entrants that are not paid for and whom have no history with me doing my money games I will delete from my leagues just before games starting deadline without further notice. I only have the ability to delete teams before a game starts on CricketXI so I am not having any teams included that are not paid for by strangers in advance of money leagues starting.

Link to games website: CricketXI

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: NKXSWPWK

Head-to-Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: VZYAULDD

All game rules, player scoring, trades etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link: (CricketXI) Metro Bank One Day Cup 2024 / HELP

best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (7)

Double Thumper | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Hawk Tua - spit on that thing! | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Here Comes Rahane Again | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Athlete | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

WendallNation | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Large middle stump | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

betterthanhundred | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (7)

Double Thumper | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Hawk Tua - spit on that thing! | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Here Comes Rahane Again | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Athlete | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

WendallNation | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Large middle stump | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

One Day Muppets | Douglas H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Pissed off already with CricketXI I wanted to bring Stoneman in and make him Captain for round 2 but despite Round 1 games having finished on Friday 26th July still at 6am Saturday morning Round 2’s trades were not open - I was checking all night and finally fell asleep waiting and alas did not wake up to 12noon - game started at 11am - so the only team playing twice this round I was unable to sub players in for everyone else did same move and so they opened Trades at some point on Saturday for others to get trade done and I lost my Head to head match up on Stonemans second game performance seeing as he to would of been my captain had trades opened on time I feel it cost me the win - also the guy I was planning trade for him had now gone down £6,300 so yet again CricketXI fucks me.

It’s not first time - I know it’s a free game but it’s so frustrating - especially when we play in money leagues, almost makes me want to stop running these leagues.

PRIZE CONFORMATION

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £35
Head to Head - £35

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball: