Metro Bank One-Day Cup 2023 (CricketXI.com) - £5 Money Leagues

Hey All,

Due to the responses received from several of my existing fantasy CricketXI players I have decided to run my two (Classic & Head to Head) small stakes fantasy money leagues on this seasons Metro Bank One-Day Cup.

I’ve just set up my 2 leagues - one is an open league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a head-to-head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). Also, in the head-to-head league the top 6 teams will make the finals (and play across the 3 final rounds).

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues. I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues a go. Please feel free share this information on to any one you think might like to join in with us and post it on your social media channels, (link at the bottom of this post), more the merrier.

The game starts (Round 1) 11:00am (UK time), 1st August (so this coming Tuesday). The head-to-head league requires a minimum of 4 entrants (so 3 more other than myself) to run. Also, if we end up an odd number of teams in the Head-to-Head league the site will put one team each round on a bye.

Usual methods for entry payment - if you don’t know what they are (because your new) or have forgotten just PM me from here (the TFP forum) and I will respond with the low down. Also if you have funds on account with me just tell me to use those.

Finally, I must point out due in the past to new players joining my CricketXI fantasy money leagues and then not making contact with me, nor making any attempt to pay the internal entry fees I now have to be stricter. Any teams from new entrants that are not paid for and whom have no history with me doing my money games, I will delete from my leagues just before a gamess starting deadline without further notice. I only have the ability to delete teams before a game starts on CricketXI so I am not having any teams included that are not paid for by strangers in advance of money leagues starting from now on (due to past welchers).

Link to games website: CricketXI

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: FYSIECBN

Head-to-Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: KBDSEBDZ

All game rules, player scoring, trades etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link: (CricketXI) Metro Bank One Day Cup 2023 / HELP

best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (7)

I Luv A Good Bowljob | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

TheThreeHundred | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

better than hundred | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Ebeneezer Goode’s 22 Yards | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Cato Augustus | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Seasick Steve | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

WoonDayLikeThis | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (8)

I Luv A Good Bowljob | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

TheThreeHundred | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

MB Crickets | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

better than hundred | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Ebeneezer Goode’s 22 Yards | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Seasick Steve | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Cato Augustus | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:

WoonDayLikeThis | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

PRIZE CONFORMATION

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £35
Head to Head - £40

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Well another cricket game came to an end last weekend with the final of the Metro Bank One Day Cup and when all was said and done the same guy won both leagues - so a very big congratulations to Tom Bryan. The rest of us will need to up our game to beat him as he seems to really know cricket.

Classic

Head to Head

So Tom picks up £35 for the Classic League win and £40 for the Head to Head league win. Making a grand total of £75 - not bad for a tenner outlay.

If anyone reading this would like to take part in my small stakes (£5 entry) ‘Winner Takes All’ CricketXI money leagues just keep an eye out on this forum as I advertise all such games here when I set them up. I mostly do cricket games played in the UK and the bigger domestic T20 tournaments hosted around the globe annually like the CPL, IPL, Big Bash etc.,.

View my past (non Telegraph Fantasy Cricket) domestic fantasy cricket league winners here:
DOMESTIC FANTASY CRICKET GAMES (non TFC)‏ - League Winners History

Maybe you to can get your name added here after future competitions?