Fantasy Tour Down Under - 2024 (Velogames) - £5 Money League *** less than 24 hours to start ***

I have created a mini-league for this the first cycle racing tour game of the new year and to make it interesting have made my mini league £5 internal entry fee with the winner taking all the prize money.

It’s easy - pick a team within the budget of 100 credits - even if you know nothing about cycle racing as there is no changes allowed to your team in my classic league so once the race starts (01:30 CET on Tuesday 16th January) only your starting team will count in my money league. So you could end up winning by picking names you like the sound of as racing is really quite hard to predict with crashes, injuries, quitters and team tactics all coming in to play… so why not spunk a fiver (£5 GBP) and take a chance… who knows it may even cause you to try and see the results online or trying to find some coverage on TV /YouTube/the internet just to see how your chosen riders are getting on. But if not the Velogames website will show your points day by day and at the end of each days racing and whoever is top of my mini league at the conclusion of the race will pocket the cash. The Tour Down Under is just a 1 week race - so just 6 stages long.

Velogames is a free web site that runs separate fantasy games on cycling races:

VELOGAMES FANTASY CYCLING

Velogames classic league format is perfect for those of you that don’t have much time but like to have a go, as the only time you need to spend on any of their cycling tour games is at the beginning selecting a team before the start of the race (as there are no changes allowed once a race is underway in their classic leagues). Before a race starts though you may make changes to your team as often as you wish if you decide to try and find some previews or do research - though doing so has never worked for me in the past so this year I’m just plucking names I’ve heard of along with enablers to get within the team credits budget. So be interesting to see how that goes.

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL
League Code: 730051716

So click the link (to website) above, create a team and then join my private mini league… oh and don’t forget to pay me your entry fee. If you don’t see me in person and don’t know the score regards payment then please contact me for my payment information. You can do this by Private Messaging (PM’ing) me from here (the TFP forum). Just make sure to include your e-mail address and say you need my payment info. Easy Peasy! :biking_man: :biking_man:
Good Luck. :biking_man:

To let people know state of play I will bold and put a orange biking man :biking_man: next to entries I have received payment for:

Tour Down Under - WINNER TAKES ALL (6)

Down Under Lions - Noel Symonds :biking_man:

Aussie Bears - Douglas Hay :biking_man:

killercycles - Andy Smith :biking_man:

Gday boys and Sheila’s - Paul Bedford :biking_man:

The Village Bicycle - Gareth Hensby :biking_man:

Mind The Kangaroos - Russell Owen :biking_man:

@Bigdavy I do not know who you are and you have not been in touch so you need to contact me to pay before Stage 2 starts and edit your entry to display your real name in league (instead of Bigdavy) - if either is not done ASAP I’ll have you removed - don’t pay, then do not join a money league that you had to enter the league code to join and click on confirm:

Final Table

Congratulations to Russell Owen (Rustyboots) who picks up the £30 prize pot.

Apologies for the delay in finalising this but it took some time for George (the guy behind the Velogames website) to respond to my requests to delete the two unpaid for teams from our league - of which one was showing in first place, so his loss for not paying the entry fee is Russell’s gain.

I hope you all - and anyone else that fancies taking part - will want to do battle again next tour I run a Winner Takes All £5 money league on. More the merrier so spread the word if you know anyone that likes cycling or just follows the Grand Tour’s. I find this game really enhances the enjoyment of following cycling race tours.

best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

Should you be interested in seeing the all time winners history from my Winner Takes All - Velogames fantasy cycling tour money leagues and prize amounts won for each tour game all is viewable here:

Velogames / Cycle Racing Tours - WINNER TAKES ALL - League History