Fantasy T20 Blast 2023 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

Hey All,

I have set up my usual couple of leagues (Classic and ​Head-to-Head) again for this season’s iteration of the ECB’s domestic T20 competition. Both leagues will be £5 entry (same as last season) and ‘Winner Takes All’ affairs. This season’s tournament is spread over 8 weeks:

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is a Classic Open league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a Head-to-Head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the Head-to-Head league after Round 16 (so Rounds 17 & 18) are knock out rounds - for those teams that qualify (aka the semi-finals and final). The eventual winner of the knockout final is crowned champion at the end of the tournament. Another thing to note is if we have an odd number of teams in the Head-to-Head league one team will be on a bye every week for Rounds 1-16.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (judgement or luck) I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I do hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues a go. The season starts (Round 1) Saturday,14:30 BST, 20th May so there’s very little time to go (under a week).

Please spread the word as in both leagues the more the merrier - forward this info on to friends, family, work mates or anyone you know that might be up for taking part - it would be so good to have a full 16 team Head-to-Head league for once and I appreciate all the help I can get in getting a big league. The Head-to-Head league locks at start of the season and no one can join after that time, so deadline to join is 14:30 BST, Saturday 20th May.

Usual method for payment - if you don’t know what that is or have forgotten just PM me from here (the TFP forum) and I will respond with the low down.

Finally, I must point out due to new players joining my IPL and County Championship Cricket XI leagues last year and not making contact with me and not making any attempt to pay the internal entry fees I now have to be stricter. Any teams from new entrants that are not paid for and whom have no history with me doing my money games I will delete from my leagues just before game start deadline without further notice. I only have the ability to delete teams before a game starts on Cricket XI so I am not having any teams included that are not paid for by strangers in advance of money leagues starting (due to welchers in past seasons).

Best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: ABHYTUGX

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: RZKNDRIU

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: CricketXI T20 Blast / Help

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have recieved payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (6)

SURREY LIONS | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Havin’ a blast | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

SteelosWheels | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Echo Beach Bouncers | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bellowhead | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Cumberland Sausages | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (7)

SURREY LIONS | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Havin’ a blast | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

SteelosWheels | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Echo Beach Bouncers | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Blast Bears | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Cumberland Sausages | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Bellowhead | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Stay up-to-date with the latest insights and strategies for winning consistently in Fantasy T20 Blast 2023. Enable notifications to receive timely replies and valuable information on team selection, player analysis, match conditions, and more. Increase your chances of success in the exciting world of fantasy cricket.

Very happy to get through to the semis - but if 4 of your 5 batters are dismissed for a duck (though luckily one was on the bench), it makes it difficult to qualify for the final!

1 Like

I went to Finals Day and alas let my heart overule my head and went for Surrey players.

Alas I had a spare ticket for Finals Day also and couldn’t find anyone at short notice nor sell it outside so took a huge hit on that. :cry:

I have not caught up with my fantasy games since getting home yet - had so much sport to catch up on and try to avoid the results of (alas much unsuccesfully) but will sort these two leagues out by Sunday and pay out the winners.

A big Congratulations to Thomas Bryan - who won the Open Classic ladder style league and Douglas Hay / starwarrior68 who beat yours truly (aka Me) in the final to become back to back ‘T20 Blast Head to Head’ champion 2 years on the bounce! :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Thomas banks £30 as we had 6 teams entered into the Classic League this year and Douglas picks up £35 as we had 7 teams in the Head to Head league.

CLASSIC

HEAD TO HEAD