Fantasy Indian Premier League 2023 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

Hey All,

I have belatedly set up my usual two Cricket XI leagues (Classic and Head-to-Head) again for this season’s iteration of the IPL. Both leagues will be £5 entry (same as last season) and ‘Winner Takes All’ affairs. The season lasts just over 9 weeks (and will have a total of 74 matches):

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an open league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a Head-to-Head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you).

In the Head-to-Head league after Round 13 (so Rounds 14 - 16) are knock out rounds - for the 4 teams that qualify, I believe the league will follow the same format as the actual IPL so 1st & 2nd in the league will play each other for a shot to go straight to the final with the loser going to the semi-final for a second shot at making the final where they will meet the winner of 3rd v 4th place game to be the second team in the final. The eventual winner of the knockout final is crowned champion at the end of the tournament.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck), I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues ago. The season starts (Round 1) Friday,15:00 GMT, 31st March (that’s today), so there’s very little time to go if you want to take part!

Any one new to my fantasy money games just PM (Private Message) me from this forum requesting info on how to pay your entry fee and I’ll reply with details - just let me know if your based inside the UK or outside as it makes a difference.

FYI any entrants in the leagues that I do not recognise and who have not arranged payment with me will be deleted just before the 3pm deadline today.

best regards,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: GECGMZAM

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: LFDYAYXW

Link to games website: CricketXI.com

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc:Indian Premier League 2023 / Help

PS - Please use this posts link to share with anyone you know who might like to take part and on your social media platforms. New players are always welcome as such makes for a bigger entry pool which means a more fun and competitive league (plus more prize money in the kitty)!

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have recieved payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (11)

Kashmir Sweaters | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Skeptical Cricketers IPL | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Samosover | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
For Hooda Bell Tolls | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
The Kaul of the Wild | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Hit & Hope! | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
How many Monkey Buttlers | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Soulmate | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
What A Tewatia | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
IPLavengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Dubai Maidens | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (12/16)

Kashmir Sweaters | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
1 | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Skeptical Cricketers IPL | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Samosover | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
IPL Bears | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Hit & Hope! | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
How many Monkey Buttlers | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Soulmate | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
What A Tewatia | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
IPLavengers | Ashutosh J :cricket_bat_and_ball:
2 | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Dubai Maidens | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £55
Head to Head - £60

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Get the ultimate fantasy cricket experience with think11 - the best fantasy cricket app. Join now and play with millions of fans worldwide!

Congratulations to (David Macrae) who won the ‘Classic’ and Tosh612 (Ashutosh Jha) who triumphed in the ‘Head to Head’ fantasy IPL leagues for 2023. David pockets £55 prize winnings for the Classic league and Ashutosh £60 for the ‘Head to Head’ league. All my ‘CricketXI’ leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’ affairs.

Here are the final tables:

Classic Open League

Head to Head League

I hope anyone reading this that likes the IPL will wan’t to join in with us next year. Always better when there’s a little money on it!

PS If you have ever won one of my non Telegraph domestic cricket fantasy leagues you will find your name on the roll of honour here:

DOMESTIC FANTASY CRICKET GAMES (non TFC)‏ - League Winners History

Furthermore if you scroll down when on that thread you can find all final table sreen shots for each league seperated by game site/versions (Classic/Head-to-Head). As you can see there have been many different winners over the various tournaments so if your name is not listed yet keep entering my small stakes fantasy cricket league games and you to could feature in the future! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Thanks for running BLM and the very prompt pay out of my prize money.
I wille back to defend my title next ipl.

1 Like