Fantasy Indian Premier League 2022 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

Hey TFP’ers,

I really enjoyed doing Cricket XI’s free fantasy IPL game last season and did not clock it was starting earlier this year until a reminder from one of my regular fantasy games players, so thought I best get on with setting up my usual 2 Cricket XI leagues (Classic and Head to Head) again for this season’s iteration. Both leagues will be £5 entry (same as last season) and ’ Winner Takes All ’ affairs. The season lasts just over 9 weeks (and will have a total of 74 matches):

The reason for the extension is the IPL has expanded to 10 teams this season (from 8 last season).

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an open league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a Head-to-Head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the Head-to-Head league after Round 13 (so Rounds 14 - 16) are knock out rounds - for those teams that qualify. The eventual winner of the knockout final is crowned champion at the end of the tournament.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues ago. The season starts (Round 1) Saturday, 14:00 GMT, 26th March so there’s very little time to go (just over 2 days).

Any one new to my fantasy money games just PM (Private Message) me from this forum requesting how to pay your entry fee and I’ll reply with details.

best regards,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: KWNHKSHB

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: QTDFTKCK

Link to games website: CricketXI.com

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: Indian Premier League 2022 / Help

PS - Please share this information with anyone you know who might like to take part, new players are always welcome and I’m running extremely short of time to advertise for new players on social media this time around.

Still time to join, 8 or 9 of us in at the moment, more the merrier!

1 Like

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have recieved payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL

The Kaul of the Wild | Joel :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Kashmir Sweaters | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Afternoon Run | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Rashid Khan No1 | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Asturians | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
What A Tewatia | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
JaipurZing | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
The Grapes of Herath | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All

The Kaul of the Wild | Joel :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Kashmir Sweaters | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Afternoon Run | Tom B| :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Rashid Khan No1 | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Asturians | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
What A Tewatia | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
JaipurZing | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
The Grapes of Herath | Joel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
IPL Muppets | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £40
Head to Head - £45

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Congratulations to tombryan87 (Tom Bryan) who won both the ‘Classic’ and ‘Head to Head’ fantasy IPL leagues for 2022. However commiserations have to go Rick_Spangle (Andy Smith) who only lost the final by 2 points due to his one extra player that scored -2.

But I digress, Tom pockets £40 prize winnings for the Classic league and £45 for the ‘Head to Head’ league. All my ‘CricketXI’ leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’ affairs.

Here are the final tables:

Classic Open League

Head to Head League

I hope anyone reading this that likes the IPL will wan’t to join in with us next year. Always better when there’s a little money on it.

That’s a little annoying! Well done Tom, and thanks to Noel for setting up the leagues.

1 Like

Thanks to Noel for organising and paying out quickly.

I am a big cricket fan, mainly county cricket and have never really taken to following the IPL but have enjoyed it this year and its all down to the fantasy league.

I was really lucky to win the H2H final though!

Hope to see you all back entering next year

Tom

1 Like