Fantasy Giro d'Italia - 2021 (Velogames) - £5 Money League

So, the first Grand Tour (road cycle race) of 2021 is here (starts this coming Saturday - May 8th).

This is a fantasy cycling game but as per usual they have no transfers whatsoever once the race starts (there is an amnesty until start of game/race). So, you need luck as well as judgement in selecting your riders as your time is spent picking your 9 riders within the 100 credits budget but once the deadline (start of race) is reached you can do nothing but sit back and hope your chosen riders outscore those in other entrants’ teams and do not crash out or get disqualified.

The deadline for entries to be submitted is 14:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday - May 8th 2021 (that’s 13:00 UK time).

Velogames is a free web site that runs separate fantasy games on professional cycle races such as the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta à Espana to name just three.

Their Grand Tour fantasy cycle racing games are perfect for those of you that don’t have much time but like to have a go, as the only time you need to spend on it, is at the beginning selecting a team before the start of the race (as there are no transfers at all in Velogames fantasy cycling Grand Tour games).

So please click on this link to check their website out and familiarise yourself with the rules and how points are awarded:

VELOGAMES Fantasy Cycling - Italy 2021 (Giro d’Italia)

The game is free and you can be in up to 5 private mini leagues.

However, to make it interesting I always make my Velogames cycle racing leagues a fiver ( £5 ) to join to create a prize for my league’s eventual winner. All entry fees go back out as the prize for topping my league at the end of the race.

The name of this (money) league is:

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL
League Code: 702000716

I think it’s self-explanatory how the money gets paid out - more teams in the league, more money for the winner.

So, click the link, pick a team and then join my private money league using the above details. Then just get me your entry fee ASAP! If you don’t know the score regards paying me just PM from here (the TFP forum) or hit me up on Discord - username ‘bluelionman’ on both my blm fantasy games server and The Fan Pub server.

Now you can just sit back and enjoy 3 weeks of cycle racing - TV coverage in the UK and elsewhere can be found both online and via TV broadcasts - both live and highlights shows. For more information I have found the following article where you can read about your options depending where you are in the world:

How to watch the Giro d’Italia 2021 – live TV and streaming

Otherwise just go online to Velogames to see how your team is doing compared to the others in my mini league by visiting the Velogames web site and logging in. They update the scores daily after each stage so you can see day by day how your team of riders is fairing.

All the best and I really hope to see a few new teams in my league this year along with those of you whom had a go last year.

Best regards,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Fan Pub Founding Member

Last call - 5 teams enetred so far starts tommorow. :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man:

I can confirm I got 6 entries for the Giro and all have paid so its £30 in the prize pot for the eventual winner! :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man:

Now sit back and enjoy 3 weeks of pro cycle racing… - you can find a 1 hour highligts show every night on Quest at 7pm or Quet +1 at 8pm plus the same show can be streamed free from the Discovery+ App on smart phones. Same is also on available on the Quest / Discovery+ website.

We have a new winner this year, so a very big well done to silverflash (Tony Hamm) who won this league for 2021. You bag £30. I am very pleased with 6 entrants (same number as last year) as cycling is not everyone’s cup of tea. However if anyone reading this likes a low maintenance game my cycle racing games are just the ticket as there are no transfers or anything once a race starts. So you pick your team of riders beforehand and that’s it - nothing else to do.