Fantasy Giro d'Italia - 2020 (Velogames) - £5 Money League

This is a fantasy cycling game but as per usual they have no transfers whatsoever once the race starts (there is an amnesty until start of game/race). So, you need luck as well as judgement in selecting your riders as your time is spent picking your 9 riders within the 100 credits budget but once the deadline (start of race) is reached you can do nothing but sit back and hope your chosen riders outscore those in other entrants’ teams and do not crash out or get disqualified.

The deadline for entries to be submitted is 13:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 3rd October 2020 (that’s 12:00 noon UK time).

Velogames is a free web site that runs separate fantasy games on professional cycle races such as the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta à Espana to name just three.

Their Grand Tour fantasy cycle racing games are perfect for those of you that don’t have much time but like to have ago, as the only time you need to spend on it, is at the beginning selecting a team before the start of the race (as there are no transfers at all in Velogames fantasy cycling Grand Tour games).

So please click on this link to check their website out and familiarise yourself with the rules and how points are awarded:-

Velogames - Fantasy Giro d’Italia 2020

The game is free and you can be in up to 5 private mini leagues.

However, to make it interesting I always make my Velogames cycle racing leagues a fiver ( £5 ) to join to create a prize for my league’s eventual winner. All entry fees go back out as the prize for topping my league at the end of the race.

The name of this (money) league is:-

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL
League Code: 551363216

I think it’s self-explanatory how the money gets paid out - more teams in the league, more money for the winner.

If you don’t know how, have forgotten or it is your first time joining one of my money leagues just PM me from here (TFP) saying you have joined and need to pay - include your real name and entry / team name. I’ll then get back to you on how to make payment.

Now you can just sit back and enjoy 3 weeks of cycle racing - TV coverage in the UK can be found on British Eurosport with both live coverage and daily highlights packages in the evening.

Otherwise just go online to see how your team is doing compared to the others in the mini league by visiting the Velogames web site and logging in. They update the scores daily after each stage so you can see day by day how your team of riders is fairing.

All the best and I really hope to see a few new teams in the league this year along with those of you whom had a go last year.

Best regards,

Noel Symonds / bluelionman

DISCORD Channel link: Cycling Tours chat channel on DISCORD
Chat to the other players in my ‘Winner Takes All’ Giro fantasy cycling league. Also there is a general chat area for anyone who partakes in any BLM fantasy games I run here: BLM Fantasy Games general chat room on DISCORD

Highlights can be watched on dplay app & The Quest channels website online in the UK here:

https://www.dplay.co.uk/show/giro-ditalia-highlights

Well done Mozza_19 (Iain Morris) who won this league for 2020. You bag £30. I am pretty pleased with 6 entrants as cycling is not everyone’s cup of tea. However if anyone reading this likes a low maintenance game my cycle racing games are just the ticket as there are no transfers or anything once a race starts. So you pick ya team beforehand and that’s it - nothing else to do.