Fantasy Giro d'Italia 2015 - Money League

So the first Grand Tour (road cycle race) of 2015 is here and starts this coming Saturday (May 9th)…

VELOGAMES FANTASY GIRO D’ITALIA 2015

This is a fantasy cycling game but as per usual they have no transfers what so ever once the race starts (there is an amnesty untill start of game/race). So you need luck as well as judgement in selecting your riders as your time is spent picking your 9 riders within the 100 credits budget but once the deadline (start of race) is reached you can do nothing but sit back and hope your chosen riders outscore those in other entrants teams and do not crash out or get disqualified.

The deadline for entries to be submitted is 15:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 9th May 2015 (that’s 14:00 UK time).

Velogames is a free web site that runs seperate fantasy games on professional cycle races such as the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana to name just three.

Their Grand Tour fantasy cycle racing games are perfect for those of you that don’t have much time but like to have a go, as the only time you need to spend on it, is at the begining selecting a team before the start of the race (as there are no transfers at all in Velogames fantasy cycling Grand Tour games).

So please click on this link to check their website out and familarise yourself with the rules and how points are awarded:-

http://www.velogames.com/

The game is free and you can be in up to 5 private mini leagues.

However as I love a gamble and to create some spice for those of you who like me like a little wager on things I have set up a private mini league which I am taking a fiver (£5) of anyone who comes in to it. This is just to make up a prize for the eventual winner of my private mini-league.

The name of this (money) league is:-

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL
League Code: 07012352

I think it’s self explanatory how the money gets paid out - more teams in the league, more money for the winner.

So click the link, pick a team and then join my private money league using the above details. Then just get me your entry fee asap either by cash (if you see me in person) or by PayPal using this e-mail address - blmfantasygames@hotmail.co.uk. Do remember to select your sending money to a friend to avoid PayPal taking fees - as if you don’t and they deduct fees from the amount you send me I will need to chase you for the balance - as I need the prize pot to be correct.

Now you can just sit back and enjoy 3 weeks of cycle racing - TV coverage in the UK can be found on British Euro Sport with daily highlights on Sky Sports I do believe this year.

Otherwise just go online to see how your team is doing compared to the others in the mini league by visiting the Velogames web site and logging in. They update the scores daily after each stage so you can see day by day how your team of riders is fairing.

All the best and I really hope to see a few new teams in the league this year along with those of you whom had a go last year.

Best regards,

Noel Symonds

I’m in, Noel. Always a bit of random luck in these cycling one, but it does add a bit of extra interest

1 Like

Seems I’m not - was sure I joined when I set it up but McBear texted me to say I’m not and it’s not showing in my list of leagues I’m in - have contacted the site as there’s no longer a join button and see what he says. Weird!