Fantasy County Cricket 2023 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

Hey all,

I know this is late with just over a few days until the start of the season on Thursday but I have finally sorted some time to set up my usual two (Classic Open and Head-to-Head) County Championship leagues on CricketXI. Both are small stakes money leagues (£5 each to enter) on their County Championship game and hope I can grow them (with your help spreading the word to anyone you know who likes cricket). It’s actually a really fun little game - especially with live scoring during games - that increases my interest in the domestic English cricket season and hopefully anyone else that takes part, it would increase their interest to.

There is no spin off leagues (runs/wickets/starting XI) which is a shame, so no breakdown of runs scored or wickets taken but what they do have is a choice of league styles - classic open or a head-to-head. So, what I do is create a league of each type. The open league can have as many teams as wish to join it and your overall fantasy points total decides your position on the league table whereas the head-to-head league can have a maximum of 16 teams and you just play one other team head-to-head each week and get 4 points for a win and 2 for a draw on the league table. To give a small interest for the season I’ve decided to keep the entry fee the same as I did last year - £5 entry each league and both are ‘Winner Takes All’. The head-to-head league will have knock-out finals for those that qualify towards the end of the season. Full rules can be read on the CricketXI website. How many teams make the finals and how many rounds we have for the finals will be dependent on how many teams enter my head-to head league but if we get a full 16 teams in the head-to-head style league then 8 teams will make the finals with the higher finishers in the regular season being rewarded for that.

County Championship 2023 Finals Options Explained

I will manually adjust the finals set up we have (if I do not get a full 16 teams in the Head-to-Head league) based on entrant numbers, looking to have a 50% split of the league make the finals.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues ago - it’s always more serious when people play for money no matter how small the stakes, it makes it competitive and worth the time investment to do the best you can. The season starts (Round 1) 11:00am, 6th April so there’s very little time.

The head-to-head league requires me to designate how many teams so I’ve opted for a 16-team league though it will run with a minimum of 4 teams - also if we end up with an odd number of teams Cricket XI will automatically put one team on a bye each week. It’s not something I can choose and just have to roll with it.

Please spread the word as in both leagues the more the merrier - forward this info on to friends, family, work mates or anyone you know that might be up for taking part - it would be so good to have a full 16 team Head-to-Haed league for once and I appreciate all the help I can get in getting a big league. The Head-to-Head league locks at start of the season and no one can join after that time, so deadline to join is 11:00am, 6th April.

Anyone reading this who does not know the score regards paying me your entry fees just PM (Private Message) me from here (the TFP forum) - or hit me up on Discord and let me know you’ve joined and I’ll tell you how to do this.

Any teams not paid for in the final hours before season starts on Thursday will be removed from the league. So unless you fully intend to pay your are wasting your time joining these private money leagues! However in saying that new players are always very welcome, more the merrier as far as I’m concerned and greater the competition.

My very best regards - I hope to see your team in my league(s) soon,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: XXPNETLE

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: DGEMVHJU

Link to games website: CricketXI.com

All game rules etc are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: CricketXI County Championship 2023 HELP

PS - Please use this posts link to share with anyone you know who might like to take part and on your social media platforms. New players are always welcome, as such makes for a bigger entry pool which means a more fun and competitive league (plus more prize money in the kitty)!

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have recieved payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (12)

Rex Orange County | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Tresco Thick Edge | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
LOFTY HITTERS | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Skeptical Cricketers CC | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Itsouryear | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Bearded Wonders | Joseph C :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Durham Maidens | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Wirral Robin 11 | Steve B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Here’s to you Ollie Robinson | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Summersville | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
UFO XI | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Flying panthers. | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (13)

Rex Orange County | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Bearded Whackers | Joseph C :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Surrey County Bears | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Tresco Thick Edge | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Fresh Is Best | Orlando D :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Skeptical Cricketers CC | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Itsouryear | Adrian P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Durham Maidens | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Wirral Robin 11 | Steve B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Here’s to you Ollie Robinson | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Summersville | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
UFO XI | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Flying panthers. | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

PRIZE CONFORMATION

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £60
Head to Head - £65

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

So autumn is well and truly here and finally the County Championship comes to an end. Surrey retain the Division One Championship (yay) and the same person - Tom Bryan yet again wins both leagues (Classic & Head to Head), just as he did last season, and the season before that (looking at my winners history). So it’s confirmed, we have a cricket expert amongst us and it will take something special to beat him over the course of County season methinks - personally I don’t think we can. Hope there are some more who want to take on the challenge next year?

Any way Tom wins £60 for the ‘Classic’ league and £65 for the ‘Head to Head’ league this time around. Not a bad side hustle to go alongside the day job - which is a cricket coach I do believe.

CLASSIC

HEAD TO HEAD