Fantasy County Cricket 2022 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

Hey TFP’ers,

Sadly, as you may well know (if you like fantasy cricket) the Telegraph gave up running fantasy cricket games a couple of years ago now so I had to look really hard to source an alternative and luckily thanks to another fantasy cricket fan on a different fantasy sports forum to TFP I found Cricket XI’s games and they have proved fun (once you get used to the site and it’s short comings). Since then, I have done several of their fantasy cricket games on various tournaments and tours all over the globe. So now I tend to set up 2 leagues (Classic and Head-to-Head) on each of their games I decide to run a fantasy league on. Thus, I have set up my usual 2 small stakes money leagues (£5 each) on their County Championship game and hope I can grow them (with your help spreading the word to anyone you know who likes cricket). It’s actually a really fun little game - especially with live scoring during games - that increases my interest in the domestic English cricket season and hopefully anyone else that takes part would increase their interest to.

There is no spin off leagues (runs/wickets/starting XI) which is a shame, so no breakdown of runs scored or wickets taken but what they do have is a choice of league styles - classic open or a head-to-head. So, what I do is create a league of each type. The open league can have as many teams as wish to join it but the head-to-head league can have a maximum of 16 teams only. To give a small interest for the season I’ve decided to keep the entry fee the same as I did last year - £5 entry for each league and both are ‘Winner Takes All’.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not much at all and give these leagues a go - it’s always more serious when people play for money no matter how small the stakes, it makes it competitive and worth the time investment to do the best you can. The season starts (Round 1) 11:00am, 7th Apri 2022l so there’s very little time.

The head-to-head league requires me to designate how many teams so I’ve opted for a 16-team league though it will run with a minimum of 4 teams - also if we end up with an odd number of teams Cricket XI will automatically put one team on a bye each week. It’s not something I can choose and just have to roll with it.

Within the last 24hrs before season starts I will reduce the amount of teams that make the finals in the Head-to-Head league should we not have a full 16 teams. I will aim to have as near as possible to 50% of the league making the finals (give or take 1 team).

Please spread the word as in both leagues the more the merrier - forward this info on to friends, family, work mates or anyone you know that might be up for taking part - it would be so good to have a full 16 team league for once and I appreciate all the help I can get in getting a big league. The Head-to-Head league locks at start of the season and no one can join after that time, so deadline to join is 11:00am, 7th April.

Anyone reading this who does not know the score regards paying me your entry fees just PM (Private Message) me from here (the TFP forum) - or hit me up on Discord and let me know you’ve joined and I’ll tell you how to do this.

Any teams not paid for within the final 24hrs before season starts will be removed from the league. So unless you fully intend to pay your are wasting your time joining these private money leagues! However in saying that new players are always very welcome, more the merrier as far as I’m concerned and greater the competition.

My very best regards - I hope to see your team in my league(s) soon,

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: ZRXGUAYV

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: RKQDUWBJ

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: CricketXI County Championship 2022 HELP

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have recieved payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL

Nyvallans | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Bearded Lancastrian | Joseph C :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Here’s to you, Ollie Robinson | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Bearded Wonders | Joseph C :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stumped for a name | Steve S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Tired Hands | Orlando B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
The Hives | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Tresco Thickedge | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Cloudberries | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Johnsons jewels | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
MJS XI | Matthew S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Dynamo All Stars XI | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All

Nyvallans | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Bearded Lancastrian | Joseph C :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Here’s to you, Ollie Robinson | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Stumped for a name | Steve S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
County Muppets XXII | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Saucissons |Orlando B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
The Hives | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Tresco Thickedge | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Cloudberries | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Johnsons jewels | Ricky P :cricket_bat_and_ball:
MJS XI | Matthew S :cricket_bat_and_ball:
Dynamo All Stars XI | David M :cricket_bat_and_ball:

I can confirm the winner of each of my leagues will pocket £60 as both leagues got 12 teams entered in each and all have been paid for. :cricket_bat_and_ball:

May the best team managers win and I do hope this game and my leagues increase your enjoyment of the County Cricket season! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

So autumn is here and finally the County Championship comes to an end (a week to late for Jennings of Lancashire’s heroics as far as I’m concerned). Surrey won the Championship (yay) and the same person - Tom Bryan won both leagues (Classic & Head to Head), just as he did last season. So it’s confirmed we have a cricket expert amongst us and it will take a real stonking effort to best him. I hope your all up for this challenge next year - as I will be. Both leagues had 12 teams in for 2022 so Mr Bryan picks up prize pots of £60 for each league.

CLASSIC

HEAD TO HEAD