Fantasy Caribbean Premier League 2023 (CricketXI.com) - £5 Money Leagues

Hey All,

My friend Mark Pearson noticed CricketXI.com was doing a free fantasy CPL game and the season actually starts tonight! As I already use CricketXI for most of my small stakes fantasy cricket leagues I thought why not do the same on the CPL. All games are on BT Sport in the UK for the 2023 tournament.

I’ve done exactly the same as I do with all my CricketXI fantasy leagues - set up 2 leagues - one is an open league where your all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a head to head type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the head to head league top 4 teams make the finals but am not sure on the format exactly as right now the website is not showing the details under the help section as it normally does (has a glitch I would say), so I have asked the creator to confirm this via PM on Twitter.

To make a little bit of interest and a prize for the winners’ skill (or luck) I am making both leagues £5 each to enter and both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’.

The Head to Head league needs 4 teams minimum to run - so three more plus me. However due to the short nature of the tournament the maximum amount of teams in the Head to Head league for CPL is 10. So it’s the first 9 players to join me who get to play. If we end up with an odd amount of teams then the game site will put 1 team on a Bye each round.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 is not all that much and give these leagues a go.

Usual methods for entry payment - if you don’t know what they are (because your new) or have forgotten just PM me from here (the TFP forum) and I will respond with the low down. Also if you have funds on account with me just tell me to use those.

Finally, I must point out due in the past to new players joining my CricketXI fantasy money leagues and then not making contact with me nor making any attempt to pay the internal entry fees I now have to be stricter. Any teams from new entrants that are not paid for and whom have no history with me doing my money games I will delete from my leagues just before games starting deadline without further notice. I only have the ability to delete teams before a game starts on CricketXI so I am not having any teams included that are not paid for by strangers in advance of money leagues starting.

Link to games website: CricketXI

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: EUCGPEKP

Head-to-Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: YIQDUMZC

All game rules, player scoring, trades etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link: *(CricketXI) Caribbean Premier League 2023 / HELP

*Right now there’s nothing showing under help but hopefully the glitch will be fixed soon as I have messaged CricketXI on X (formerly known as Twitter).

best regards as always,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (5)

OistinsFryUp | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Grenada TVs | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Beer can sandwich | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Omari Banks | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Ball-ache Boyz | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (6)

OistinsFryUp | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Grenada TVs | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Beer can sandwich | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Omari Banks | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Ball-ache Boyz | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

CPL Muppets | Doug H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

PRIZE CONFORMATION

I can confirm all have paid and the prizes to the winner of each league are as follows:

Open Classic - £25
Head to Head - £30

May the best team managers win! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Thanks for taking part & please do spread the word about my small stakes ‘Winner Takes All’ fantasy money cricket leagues on CricketXI. Be good to grow the entry pools.

Missing the last deadline did for me - hate midnight starts my time as it’s so confusing which day is game and then turns out I was travelling back from Poland the day of the last round starting and was screwed having not made my transfers. If only I had checked while on bus with my smartphone.

Aargh!! I demand a recount!
(Edit - sorry, wrong thread - meant to be in county champ thread)

Why would you want a recount - you won both leagues!

Well another cricket T20 fantasy tournament has come to an end with the final of the Caribbean Premier League between Trinbago Knight Riders v Guyana Amazon Warriors with the latter winning:

When all was said and done the same guy won both the ‘Classic’ and ‘Head to Head’ CPL ‘Winner Takes All’ fantasy leagues of mine - so a very big congratulations to Andy Smith (Rick_Spangle) who navigated the strange fixture schedule the best of all entrants. I can confirm he banks £25 for the Classic and £30 for the Head to Head leagues respectively.

CLASSIC

HEAD TO HEAD

Regarding recount - sorry, wrong league! (meant to be in the county championship league thread, where I scraped a draw in the semis).
Thanks for running this one.

1 Like