Fan Pub Fun League 2017 weekly update thread

No worries Sean - always enjoy running this one :grinning:

1 Like

WEEK 16

Championship Result:
Bite my shiny metal defence (Malcolm) 100.15 ā€“ 74.60 Zeke will be a big Hit (Al)

Congratulations to Malcolm ā€“ the best regular season record (10 &3) followed by convincing wins in both the semi final and then the final. Well done to a worthy winner.

I will sort out prize money in the next few days, but hereā€™s what you will be getting

WINNER: Ā£150 Malcolm (Bite myā€¦)
RUNNER UP: Ā£90 Al (Zeke will beā€¦)
SEMI FINAL LOSER: Ā£60 Andy (Tight Ends)
SEMI FINAL LOSER: Ā£60 Daniel (Otleyā€¦)
SURVIVOR POOL: Ā£60 Connor (Flintā€™s Marauders ā€“ already paid)

Hope you have all enjoyed the league. I am planning to run this again next year, and the 14 of us in the 2017 league will have first refusal for a place in the 2018 edition. Will start signing people up early summer sometime.

I am expecting to keep the league at 14 players, and Ā£30 entry, and an online draft somewhere in the middle of the pre-season.
I will probably continue to tweak the scoring system and the roster set up to keep things interesting and a fresh challenge year to year. Any suggestion from the managers are welcome ā€“ considering perhaps turning one of the flex spots into a Superflex to give you the option of starting a second QB. If I do this I would probably cut the QB scoring a little so that it wasnā€™t too powerful a weapon to start two good QBs. Suspect this would dramatically shake up some peopleā€™s draft strategy! Nothing set in stone yet, I will mull it over the off season and like I say, thoughts from the rest of you are welcomed.

Enjoy the post season folks, especially if your team has made it to the playoffs (GO CHIEFS!), and have a very happy New Year.

Cheers, Jon :football:

2 Likes

Thanks Jon really enjoyed it.

I think I owe this to the Rams D and fantasy MVP Todd Gurley! I remember in the chat window right after I had snapped him up with the 12th overall pick a few commenting that they were surprised he went so high. He was my main target in all the leagues I played. Top 3 pick in next yearā€™s redrafts? Easy. I think he paired well with Russell Wilson being pretty much the entire Seahawks offense for most of the season.

Iā€™ll definitely be back to defend my title next season. Iā€™m easy going with whatever rules come in. Never played a dual QB league so that would be interesting.

Malc

1 Like

Good shout with Gurley, I got him wrong it was probably me slagging off in the chat :slight_smile: He came back to haunt me :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Jon for another well run and enjoyable season. Unfortunately failed to make the playoffs at the last hurdle - but after an 0-4 start I was just happy to be involvedā€¦!

Congratulations Malc on winning.

Jon - itā€™d be interesting at some point to see everyoneā€™s all time win loss %!

Count me in as an early entrant to next season!

2 Likes

Thanks, Jon, for an impeccably run league, as always!!

Some potential suggestions for 2018:

• This league requires just 8 starters, so Iā€™d propose an increase to 9, in line with the more ā€œtraditionalā€ quantityā€¦ either another R/W/T or even a Q/R/W/T could be viable, depending on the majority viewpoint.
  • The amplified DEF scoring was quite something - I think 11 points were awarded for a defensive TD (including the 5 points for the turnover). Iā€™m not totally against this concept, but maybe some other positions may need enhanced scoring as well, to restore some parity from this huge differentialā€¦ to recap, 8 different DEFs in the league ended the season with higher totals than the #1 ranked WR, which looks flawedā€¦ but maybe something like PPR could make it a more balanced league, even if a high-scoring one.

Anyway, just thoughts for consideration. Too bad I couldnā€™t retain my title this year, but there were some great managers in the league, and very well done to Malc on the victory. Looking forward to more fun in 2018 !!!

2 Likes

Posting to confirm prize money received.

Thanks Jon. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Your wish is my commandā€¦
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ukqXfoZLJ1lJcnw-DJ-Ky7xdCTnP1ylE

2 Likes

Agree on both points Ian.
If I make a roster tweak for 2018, it is likely to be adding a Superflex spot

And although I like the amplified Defensive scoring, I am aware I pushed it too far this year! I will keep the basic idea the same, but will shave a few points here and there for 2018ā€¦!

2 Likes

Ooh I love stuff like this! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like