BLM'S PREM DRAFT LEAGUE (FPL) 2020/21 - Money League (£25 @ Team)

Do you follow the Premier League?

Do you like fantasy football?

Would you like to get involved in a draft type fantasy football money league (where no one can have the same players)?

If the answer is yes, then read on my friend as I have just such a league drafting on the eve of the new Premier League season - that being Friday 11th September 2020 at 8pm. I have picked a live draft date and time for this league to give people some clarity as to when it will take place so they can know if they are able to commit to it or not and or make arrangements for it.

Each entrant that signs up can vote for the scoring settings we will use - either Classic or Head to Head (as we had in this league last year). One team one vote - which you will cast by posting on the leagues message board. Whichever option the majority are in favour of come Thursday night (10/9/20) at midnight (going into Friday 11/9/20- draft day) will be which setting we go with. If by some chance it’s a tie I will flip a coin - can’t really say fairer than that.

The entry fee will be the same as last season - £25 per team. I will confirm prizes after the live draft as soon as everyone has paid up which hopefully will be that very first weekend of the new season. I have to wait to then to know how many teams we have (unless I get a full quota of 16 players prior to then in which case I can then work out the prizes before the draft itself - which would be better. All entry fees will be paid back out as prizes 100%).

I am using Fantasy Premier Leagues draft game for this money league.

League details:

The Scoring Mode can be changed depending on vote outcome I will keep changing it as per the votes cast.

You may have noticed from the above league info I have activated player trading in this league where it goes to a vote system - this means managers can vote against a trade (hopefully they only do this if they think the trade is unfair) but to get a trade vetoed it takes 50% of managers to vote against it - not only that a trade is approved at the waiver deadline and the system takes any non-team manager votes as approval. So, it is much more likely trades will go through than not - and also means managers should pay attention to trades when notified and use their veto option if they don’t agree with it.

I have stuck with the standard default of 90 seconds per pick - I know some find this to long but equally others don’t so decided to keep to the default setting (the system allows for me to set it at 30 through to 120 seconds).

I have chosen an eve of season draft so as much about the teams’ squads with regard to transfers ins’ & outs’ is known as possible, as well as to give me the maximum amount of recruiting time to try and improve on numbers - my league had 7 paid teams last year. I hope this year I can do better. Overseas players are most welcome to.

I have decided to send this info out by e-mail and post it on TFP and the first 15 to commit and pay up are in.

I will send a direct invite to the league when a person pays the entry fee - that way I guarantee its first come first served, nor do I then have to chase anyone for payment and can confirm the prizes sooner rather than later.

Direct Links

BLM’S PREM DRAFT LEAGUE - Fantasy Premier League DRAFT

All that remains now is for you to decide - are you in - or out?

best regards,

bluelionman Noel Symonds

PS If you don’t know how to pay just PM me for the low down.

LEAGUE HISTORY

9 Paid entrants now… 16 is the max - don’t miss your chance guys & gals this is going to be so hard if the league fills out as its the lesser players on smaller teams will become so important.

Noel I’d like to play again, could you use some of my ‘credit’ from last year please.
Richard Coleman

1 Like

Up to 11 now - anymore for any more? :soccer:

Classic for Me Cheers

Hi Noel, im in if there is still space.

1 Like

There’s still space but every ones looking at real weak teams as players gonna be spread thin over lots of teams. I’ve never done such a big league in football I’m excited to have to use the lesser known bods.

Your meant to post that on the league wall on the game site mate.

Just sent the money over for this mate.

1 Like

Wow we are 14 in now.

BLM’S PREM DRAFT LEAGUE 2020/21

Welcome to my league guys,

I hope you all have fun - I’m a bit behind checking payments and what have you so will confirm prizes once I’ve caught up and checked all have paid. I don’t have e-mail addresses for everyone in the league so decided to post this welcome on the TFP Thread instead.

I have just set up a Discord channel where all managers can chat to each other, discuss trades and generally trash talk if they wish all season long.

This is the invite link - (the channel only really works if many of you buy into it and use it):
BLM’S PREM DRAFT LEAGUE - DISCORD chat channel

May the best team win…

bluelionman (Noel Symonds)

I thought for those not involved in my Prem Draft League it would be nice to let them see how such a big 14 team league panned out - as all info is only accessible to those within the league I think.

First a list of the 14 souls brave enough to partake (Bolded when paid)

Name / Team Name / TFP Username (if registered on here)

1. Noel Symonds / Blue Lions / bluelionman
  2. Steve Smith / Pickford Arms F.C. / stevefringe
  3. James Taylor / Dasilva Lining / jrt55555
  4. Peter Edney / Edders Headers /
  5. Kris Ladner / Earth Wind & Maguire /
  6. Kazi Ayaz / LIVERreds /
  7. Jean Paul Rojas / Deadly Cityzens /
  8. Brett Duboff / Boston City FC /
  9. Fabian Åkerström / Stafford for MVP / Fabbe
  10. Richard Coleman / Rags to Riches / Ronof9
  11. Tony Hamm / Just One More / silverflash
  12. Daniel Nichols / Ain’t Got A Kalou /
  13. Kareen Momo / Brukshot City /
  14. Dale Elstone / Aubamabloodklartyang / Delstone

The randomised draft order ended up like this:

1. Kareen Momo (KM)
  2. Steve Smith (SS)
  3. Fabian Åkerström (FA)
  4. Dale Elstone (DE)
  5. Noel Symonds (NS)
  6. Peter Edney (PE)
  7. Brett Duboff (BD)
  8. Kris Ladner (KL)
  9. Kazi Ayaz (KA)
  10. Richard Coleman (RC)
  11. Daniel Nichols (DN)
  12. Jean Paul Rojas (JR)
  13. James Taylor (JT)
  14. Tony Hamm (TH)

Draft Results by Round

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

Round 10

Round 11

Round 12

Round 13

Round 14

Round 15

Starting Squads post draft (in order of draft position)

Draft Position - 1

Draft Position - 2

Draft Position - 3

Draft Position - 4

Draft Position - 5

Draft Position - 6

Draft Position - 7

Draft Position - 8

Draft Position - 9

Draft Position - 10

Draft Position - 11

Draft Position - 12

Draft Position - 13

Draft Position - 14

Hey all,

This has been my biggest online FPL draft entry pool to date and all my plugging and advertising of this game / money league seems to have paid off as there were 14 of us (the max is 16). So money collected in is £350 - 14 entries at £25 each.

I really am curious what a full boat (16 team draft) would be like so maybe next season I/we can hit the max! But I digress, this post is to confirm this years prize payouts as follows:

Prizes

1st = £200
2nd = £100
Highest Weekly Score (of season) = £50

So in theory the maximum prize possible is £250 (as the winner could nab the best weekly score prize to - but equally gives everyone else something to aim for and keep trying their best to set line ups each week as if they can have 1 mega week could salvage their season by getting double their team entry cost back).

Thanks for taking part this year and I do hope you can spread the word to your friends and family etc., as the season progresses in the hope some might like to join in with us next year.

Last but not least I hope you enjoy the season.

Best regards,

bluelionman (Noel Symonds)

PS I ran a poll again this year as I did last year to see what type of scoring league was wanted and this year (same as last season) the majority were in favour of a Head to Head format. So this years league is once again a H2H format.

FINAL TABLE

A big congratulations to jrt55555 James Taylor (TFP’er) who took down this seasons FPL Draft. I will be running this league again next season so look out for details on this forum as soon as FPL launch there new game.

HIGEST GAMEWEEK SCORER

Many thanks to Noel for running this league and for the prompt payout of my winnings for finishing as the highest individual weekly points scorer. Noel organises many fantasy games and I play in many of them and can vouch for his integrity and honesty 100%. I look forward to playing next season.

1 Like

Thanks so much for running this league Noel - great fun (well I suppose winning helps!)

Thanks for the prompt payout of my winnings as usual - been playing your games for years now and always well organised and run, an absolute pleasure.

Definitely up for this again next year :+1:

1 Like